It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just what is really going on here ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just what in the Hell is going on here ?

I Often wake up at 3am with this impending feeling of doom followed by intense thoughts of the present and future.

I was thinking about the 1960’s moon landings and how everything technologically has progressed at light speed Phones , computers , cars , Aircraft etc etc . Everything that is with the exception of Space travel …

Now this is not a thread about the Moon landings being faked or something of that nature , this is more a question of logical progression.

I’m no math wiz but let's say hypothetically a math wiz did draw up an equation showing the linear progression of technology from the year 1900 and on, including in said equation an ever increasing speed of progression calculated from the previous 16, 17 and 1800 centuries .

Would then our current level of Space travel make sense ? The question is rhetorical because hell no it would not make sense .

1960’s = Corded telephones
1960’s = Moon landing

2021 = Communication devices so small there undetectable by the human eye
2021 = An orbiting space station we've been constructing since the 80’s and the shut down of the Nasa shuttle program with absolutely no Human progression past the moon.

Theoretically nay Logically we should be at least colonizing Mars, possibly even the Moons of Jupiter . And yet here we are stuck on Earth pissing our pants about climate change and the color of people's skin . Something is wrong here , Something is amiss I feel it in my very bones .

Fear is the religion of our age , We are fed fear by a fire hose . It’s all in an effort to keep us down , keep us fighting .

We are smarter than this. Something is horribly wrong, like on a deep dark level. I’m not usually one for Doom and Gloom but I had to get this off my chest .

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is far more money to be made, in the "killing other people" business...

That's why...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Safetyism.

Instead of being free, we'd rather be safe. Going into space is risky. People die. Read The Martian. It's a whole book about the horror NASA goes through when it discovers that it stranded Watney on Mars and how he might die. Then they refuse to let the other astronauts risk themselves to save. They go so far as to *not tell them he's alive*.

Not to mention, in one of his excellent posts, Redneck pointed out that our technology really isn't all that different. What's changed is our ability to miniaturize it. We're still using the same types of circuitry that were using then, it's just a lot smaller which has the effects we're seeing.

But I will point out that there is a book that predicts the acceleration of messages in the end of days.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
We aren’t allowed back?

Cheers for food for thinking!

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I am retired USAF, and I know the unit cost of most of our weapons systems.

The money we spent on missiles over the last 2 decades alone, could pay for long term parking... on Enceladas.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

We are smarter than this.

Are we? Here is another graph.

1492 Explorers from sea fairing countries from an old continent discover a new continent by accident filled with resources and vast empty lands, peopled by folks hundreds and hundreds of years behind in the march towards modern technology.

1776 Descendants of those and other nations from that old continent form a new nation based on the concept of freedom, liberty and the rights of all men.

2020 The descendants of those people who founded that new nation hold an election to choose who will be their leader for the next four years. Their choices are two old men of dottering mentality neither of which could hold a decent conversation with any of the founders of that republic, let alone any of the great thinkers of history. Two babbling cases of human devolution.

Their children were entertained by a talking cleaning sponge that lived deep in the ocean.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I think earth as a civilization will get out there more one day, but expanding into space is still the final frontier.

Your op brings to mind a channelled text. An intelligence was suggesting that man may be better off exploring the depths of the sea and making better use of the oceans. It brought to light the possible parallels involved in exploring these aspects of the unknown...

The CHANI Project

"me have question
me ask question now
me cee u xplore mars planet with many mony and resourcings
why u not xplore deep oceon yor own planet with same many mony and resourcings
deep oceon give al aswers yor existencing and future
deep oceon have much knowledges u stil need lern
me tel u some secret
some places deep oceon water presures so big that air u breeth can not buble to surface
this air traping cause big caverns where humans can live and do breathings of good air and plant and live very wel
deep oceons have many crystal solves al yor energising needs no polution
u ignore yor best lifeline by not seekings answerings from yor own deep oceon
god provide deep oceon why u not use what is given
earth is a water planet yet u leaders look answers in space why
deep oceon have al answer for cosmic travelings this line time why u ignore this in your history
when u solve mysteries of deep oceon u wil solve mysteries of space ask dolfin they tel u this ok"

The info passed along suggested that understanding those parts of our world better would help give us the keys needed to reach for the stars. It was a novel idea but I liked it, perhaps doing that would complement science and tech in those areas? I found it an intriguing connection to make...

edit on 10-10-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: added link

edit on 10-10-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: added proper quote

edit on 10-10-2021 by dffrntkndfnml because: clarity

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There is a very simple answer. Congress had no vision of the benifits of the space program other than beating the Russians. When the USA won the race to the moon, they cut the funding.

It all goes back to the money and who controls it.

Just the knowledge gained to feed a crew going on a trip for a couple of years probably could have eliminated hunger.
edit on 10 10 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   
im sure we are colonizing other planets by now. There is no way in hell they would let the public know.

They would have to disclose the technology they used to get there and im sure it would put their oil companies out of business and allow us (their slaves) to get off planet also.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is a secret space program that uses aether physics and not einsteinian physics.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Their children were entertained by a talking cleaning sponge that lived deep in the ocean.

Oh thanks, now I have beer all over my keyboard... lmao

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think we've gone from improving technology, to improving how we best utilise it. We no longer need smaller things, for general societal use. However, with the advent of AI tech and machine learning, we're more involved in how to adapt code to do things we never before imagined.

99% of this goes towards subvert surveillance. sadly. But some of it creeps out from the woodwork to give us gadgets that are useful.

Mars is a dead planet. I'd love to visit, but wouldn't want to call it home. And we are far from having any realistic terraforming ability, yet. When we do, you can bet your bottom dollar, pun intended, that it will be the elite with billion dollar tickets, sipping martinis (or should I say, martiantinis?? lol) on Olympus Mons...

We'll just be stuck here, sweeping the floor and sanitizing keybards...
edit on 10-10-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I've been waking up a lot between 0300 and 0400. Usually I just lie there, but the other night I awoke after a dream of a massive missle strike on a major city. Or maybe it was an asteroid breaking up in the atmosphere and raining down chunks of flaming rock. But I think it was an missile strike.

I don't usually have dreams like that. Weird.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

As someone who was involved in the private/civilian space program back in the 90's, let me assure you; Space is not easy.

They don't call it "ROCKET SCIENCE" for nothing!

Don't believe me? Just try "getting the better" of the Tsiolkovsky Rocket Equation.

You're butting heads with physics, and although having vast sums of money at your disposal might making attempts at wild ideas less painful, physics cannot be bribed into cooperation.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just the bloody nature of, well, nature, that has kept us planted on this planet.

And it is that simple fact that will hinder our progress upward, and outward, unless and until our grasp of physics renders that blasted equation irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I almost never have vivid dreams but a couple days ago I dreamt I was standing on a hill overlooking Pretoria and the dream was about a huge yellow diamond someone had gifted me. There was a monument and a jewelry shop on this hill.

I was about to enter the jewelry shop when 3 or 4 "tactical nukes" mushroomed over various parts of the city.

The nukes targeted a specific demographic of society and I was shocked to see someone stand beside me exclaiming in relief that they are not targeting "us".

I woke up from that dream but the feeling remained with me the whole day.

Of course I don't take it literally I figure the mind is simply finding creative ways of representing that things are falling apart and convey that sense of helplessness in a horrifying manner.

In the one hand we are witnessing what many believe the fall of western civilization.

On the other hand we still have to make plans for dinner and take our kids to school.

The mind will find ways to portay this dichotomy.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

that it will be the elite with billion dollar tickets,

Don't forget William Shatner just for #s and giggles.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: jerich0

that it will be the elite with billion dollar tickets,

Don't forget William Shatner just for #s and giggles.

Ahh he's 90 and on his way out, I'll give him a pass. All he ever really did was provide us with atrocious music, and a dramatic sci-fi meme

Elon.... Let... Me.... Go... Into.... Space...

edit on 10-10-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Your thread is based on assumptions... You're assuming our space travel evolution progressed along the same pattern as communication tech evolution.

And if all you wake up worrying about is the evolution of space travel technology, then I am truly jealous.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   
NASA clearly stated it's because they can't get past the radiation layers of Earth's orbit. Which is WHY the mars colonization is set for 2027.

It is also why they opened the doors and gave the keys to the public for their designs of aircrafts..through various contests. Then built said winners.

After the winner was decided they had signups for people to go one way to Mars. With no way to return. Which is again clearly stated.

Apparently they seem to think they have something they can develope that will allow them to suddenly get past the layers.
edit on 10-10-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   

We are smarter than this. Something is horribly wrong, like on a deep dark level.
What's wrong is that in the 60's we didn't live in the risk averse future , we had ambition and a political will to realise that ambition , the space station was a great thing in its time but now it's just a drain on financial resources that should have been decommissioned and sold years ago.

We live in a time of robotic exploration now because it's easier , safer and relatively low cost , political ambition is gone and money is diverted from exploration to annihilation with Black Budgets far in excess of scientific budgets , the Military Industrial Complex creates jobs and creates revenue far in excess of that created by peaceful scientific endeavors.

The darkness is created by politicians and governments.

posted on Oct, 10 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Welcome to the Idiocracy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join