It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We ALL knew this day was coming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit
Right now under attack from democrats desperate to defend what joe just did.

This is a geopolitical issue that goes far, far beyond the petty American political party squabbles.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AndreDoLouro

This means they figured out Afghanistan has ALWAYS successfully driven out invaders every time.

Seriously, I'm not listing this crap again. Every damn invading civilization that's tried to put down permanent stakes has always been driven out, Afghans have been born into a warring & survival-driven culture because that's how it's been from Romans to Mongols to Russians. This seems to consistently escape people -- the mountain folk have always won in the end.

Read some Afghan history to comprehend their mindset better.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MonsterGirl

Off topic and I know it...

You are starting to sound like you have a crush on Phage
and he hasn't lived up to your expectations. I have been
here over 12 years and never had second thoughts about
joining ever.Maybe you should take some time and decide
what you really want and expect from here.
If you decide to stay,I might offer you some milk and cookies!

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
There was never going to be any easy way out, no matter who did it or when or how, and the bitch of it all is that we both overreacted and knew this going in.

We could discuss this forever and get nowhere. We can point fingers, criticize, and armchair quarterback until we're blue in the face.

Or, we could have just patiently waited as each president pushed it along to the next, but what would that have bought anyone other than more political fodder and more money for the MIC?

A war on terrorism cannot target a particular country or countries. That's not how it works. But this wasn't really that, was it?

England tried and failed. Russia tried and failed. The U.S. tried and failed. Now Russia's probably going to try again.

No one's real reason was terrorism, the Afghani people, or any other BS excuse they gave us. Nope. It was all about the opportunities world status controlling the pipelines to Asia offered up.

And China, Russia, and Pakistan all lurk in the shadows grinning, all the while pulling the strings that benefit them.

Yes, everyone knew that we would eventually leave.

From day 1.

Most of us trusted that ANY U.S. president would be capable of understanding the importance of evacuating 86,000 Americans & allies first.

Until joe.

There is no excuse, or defense, for what joe just did.

And nobody for joe to share blame with, other than the 81 million idiots who put a senile old sockpuppet in the Whitehouse.

edit on 23-8-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Yes and i'm sorry, i knew about him through a friend and the things i knew did not match my expectations, and i'm terrible sorry but i do have very high ones at the moment. And the way he has acted, so far? Just no

So yeah, i had a fixation on him, but i think i'm going to second guess that for now

That's all i have to say about it

If you decide to stay,I might offer you some milk and cookies!

Would those be chocolate chip cookies?

edit on 23-8-2021 by MonsterGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Tell me honestly. If any past president had done this, would the results have been different?

Sometimes there is no easy choice at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
originally posted by: MonsterGirl

I still do.

Has previously demonstrated capability of providing simply astounding, thought provoking analysis.

Frequently with few words.

Not ready to give up on a return of that yet.

ETA:

There are MANY great personalities here.

Quite a few are hiding in shame over what joe just did.

I'm not going to knock the few that aren't hiding for speaking up, only for their brainwashed desperation to defend what joe just did.

edit on 23-8-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Thanks for the response to what was a somewhat complex series of questions.

And, yes, the Taliban returning from the hills to retake Afghanistan in record time, even faster than Desert Storm, is good evidence of a retreat, wait, victory strategy.

I do wonder how big a role was the corruption of the United States (and its war machine) and the corruption of the US backed Afghan government. In the real world we must assume and factor in corruption, but I wonder if the mission to build Afghanistan into a successful and strong nation was as much of a moral failure as a military and material failure.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Very well, i don't think this thread is about Phage anyway, and i, unintentionally, did turned into it. For that i apologise.

However, the way he replied to me, shows nothing but a lack of awareness and a tactic used very often in an attempt to mislead people and lead them away from the source of the problem. That was Debate 101 level.

And that, i know very well, so i should, and will, reserve my expectations and hopes, for the near future

Thanks for your kind reply

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thanks for the link, and yes Afghanistan has been called the "Graveyard of Empires" with good reason. It will be interesting to see if Russia will have (or want to have) another go at the place, now that they have left for their own hills, rested (at least from Afghanistan), and watched their competitors bloody each other.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   

"a tactic used very often in an attempt to mislead people and lead them away from the source of the problem"

Very wise for a newcomer!

Some take years to figure that out.

Brainwashing is a powerful drug.

We are witnessing the ramifications of that right now.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   

To put my thoughts and questions more concisely:

It is one thing for the Soviets to learn the way of the Afghan as a defensive strategy as the Afghans do it in Afghanistan.

It is another thing for the Soviets (and Russia, now) to lift that defensive strategy, and then to create some kind of offensive strategy from it.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndreDoLouro
a reply to: Nyiah

Thanks for the link, and yes Afghanistan has been called the "Graveyard of Empires" with good reason. It will be interesting to see if Russia will have (or want to have) another go at the place, now that they have left for their own hills, rested (at least from Afghanistan), and watched their competitors bloody each other.

Unlikely, the way this may go is, China will take over the power position, they do share a border with Afghanistan, and through there, they will most likely become "partners"..

Also, there is one aspect that may actually be true from what you said. Russia's involvement in all of it. Because, one thing Russia has, that China lacks, is a navy that can go intercontinental. China's navy is a 'defensive' one, while Russia's navy is an 'offensive' one, which means they can take across the world an entire army and invade other country at will, while China's military is trained, armed and prepared only to deal with an invasion, but never ready to 'invade'.

In other words: China has the money, Russia has the means, both playing together?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndreDoLouro

To put my thoughts and questions more concisely:

It is one thing for the Soviets to learn the way of the Afghan as a defensive strategy as the Afghans do it in Afghanistan.

It is another thing for the Soviets (and Russia, now) to lift that defensive strategy, and then to create some kind of offensive strategy from it.

They didn't, it was created by the US government in the first place, while trying to protect from the Taliban monster they created themselves. There is no need for action, when the enemy creates the monster that will destroy them on their own

edit on 23-8-2021 by MonsterGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Tell me honestly. If any past president had done this, would the results have been different?

Sometimes there is no easy choice at all.

Forgotten to evacuate Americans?

Yes, they would receive an equal amount of fury from the American public, and deservedly so.

But none did.

Only joe.

And entirely for political reasons.

While brainwashed democrats still can't seem to understand what everyone is so upset about.

And appear desperate to defend what joe just did, by any means necessary.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit
Right now under attack from democrats desperate to defend what joe just did.

This is a geopolitical issue that goes far, far beyond the petty American political party squabbles.

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

AGAIN.

This is a lack of competence issue.

The incompetence on display in neglecting to evacuate 86,000 Americans & Allies.

And the incompetence of 81 million that believed a senile sockpuppet was capable of anything better.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Slayer brought out all sorts of new posters lol

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I gave you a star. Tell me me more about how Dumb I am....

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Slayer brought out all sorts of new posters lol

sssssshhhhh

Jesus
LOL

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join