It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We ALL knew this day was coming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonsterGirl
a reply to: Phage

*It doesn't' matter* how you want to play it

The thing is, losing means you have to *leave*, your weak play on it to pretend you did not meant what you meant is *weak*

Please do better, you made me feel bored now. I expected more from what i thought you were, based on opinions i got before joining this site

And "perhaps it's a language thing", well, i probably know more languages that you could ever learn in your life time. So thanks for the lame attempt at putting me down, or insulting me in such a kind, immature way

Oh for God's sake, chill out. You're wrapped way to tight for this crap.

Never get off the boat.
edit on 8 22 2021 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You know, I think we're all just a bunch of dirt bags....

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I may have just opened my account here, but i have read this site for a while, don't take me for a fool

Ummm....

What if it's just too late for the rest of us?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I came here for serious discussion, because i want to talk about it in a serious way. Going through "this and that and maybe i'm not talking about what you think i'm talking and i'm very smart" is NOT how people solves problems

I heard ATS was a serious platform, and i did read a lot of threads here before joining, but a simple almost "one word" answer that just basically attempts to derail and allow people to run away? Is that "serious"? Is that what ATS represents?

So no, i don't accept that lame excuse for "conversation". The reputation of this site, is without any meaning then?

I'm double thinking some choices now

But i do know there are people very smart here. It just seems like someone i expected to be "greater than", is not

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

beautiful

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: sraven

You never thought cavemen would rout the US military and run them out of town in the dead of night.

Yeah. Cavemen.
Soviets bailed too. Those cavemen are clever, it seems. Took 20 years for the US to figure it out.
Wisdom....

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Dude, We are the US , never deploy unless its serious

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It is 1:17 a.m. where I live and I'm having trouble sleeping.
I thought I would log in and see what's happening and I came
across a thread by Slayer.I have finished reading the first page
and have a sudden craving for popcorn and feel it might be
needed for the second page.
Yes,we knew this would all happen and it came about quicker
than anyone imagined.We should have gotten our people out
of there BEFORE withdrawing our troops.Considering what we're
having to deal with in D.C. we're probably lucky the troops got out.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

If 'we all knew what was coming', why the F did joe abandon 86,000 Americans & allies there?

Do you really not see how dumb your argument is?

Joe has made it abundantly clear that HE is certainly that dumb.

Shameful, and pathetic.

And very dumb.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Dude, We are the US , never deploy unless its serious

"You're on my radar' Bro "

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hypocrites

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
It is 1:17 a.m. where I live and I'm having trouble sleeping.
I thought I would log in and see what's happening and I came
across a thread by Slayer.I have finished reading the first page
and have a sudden craving for popcorn and feel it might be
needed for the second page.
Yes,we knew this would all happen and it came about quicker
than anyone imagined.We should have gotten our people out
of there BEFORE withdrawing our troops.Considering what we're
having to deal with in D.C. we're probably lucky the troops got out.

Mama is miles smarter than ANY democrat.

And only the democrats seem surprised by that.

Too busy defending what joe just did to even notice.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Hypocrites

Yes, I agree.

Democrat hypocrisy everywhere.

But glad that you finally noticed.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   

a reply to: caterpillage

I came here for serious discussion, because i want to talk about it in a serious way. Going through "this and that and maybe i'm not talking about what you think i'm talking and i'm very smart" is NOT how people solves problems

I heard ATS was a serious platform, and i did read a lot of threads here before joining, but a simple almost "one word" answer that just basically attempts to derail and allow people to run away? Is that "serious"? Is that what ATS represents?

So no, i don't accept that lame excuse for "conversation". The reputation of this site, is without any meaning then?

I'm double thinking some choices now

But i do know there are people very smart here. It just seems like someone i expected to be "greater than", is not

Is a pretty serious site.

Right now under attack from democrats desperate to defend what joe just did.

They aren't having much luck with that.

But is certainly doing a lot of derailing.

And bringing out a whopping load of ridicule.

Please do stick around though, nowhere better to be for free minds like yours.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MonsterGirl

Maybe it's a language thing. "Bailed", means they left. Departed. Were no longer present.

I don't know what the Russian equivalent would be.

Did joe simply forget the 'no longer present' part?

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MonsterGirl

So I am curious about the education process as the Soviets "learned the way of the Afghan". Was that an expensive lesson, won with a nearly pyrrhic price tag? At what point did the apparent military failure become a valuable lesson which impacted long term strategy in an intentional way? Obviously many people consider money burnt in the Soviet war in Afghanistan to be a huge contributing factor to the dissolution of the Soviet Union, which then appears as the Soviets "losing" the cold war.

Also, as the Soviets "learned the way of the Afghan", in what ways does that involve Afghanistan in a specific way? And are you saying that as the Soviets left Afghanistan it was a strategic plan to tempt the United States into Afghanistan? That a dimension of their strategic plan (even at the time of the Soviet withdrawal) was for the United States to wound itself in Afghanistan? Does this long term strategy include a strategic goal for the "Soviets" to return to Afghanistan to do some bargain shopping now that the United States has wounded both itself and Afghanistan?
edit on 23-8-2021 by AndreDoLouro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You keep editing your post, are you so insecure of showing your true self?

And your comment about "I don't know what the Russian equivalent would be"? Are you so naive you can't understand reality and instead run away from it and find excuses to explain your like of understanding of what's truly going on?

Why did you mention "Russian"? Is that the only excuse you have to explain your immature behaviour? Everything is to blame on Russia, right? That's an easy way out of trouble, as we have seen the past days, aren't you such a sorry excuse for an intelligent person?

I'm truly now, having second thoughts about joining this site, if you are one of the "faces of ATS"

Because then it does looks like there's just a barren land here, according to how much ignorance and lack of awareness you have displayed so far. I thought better of you, when i joined this site, how lamentable your state is

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There was never going to be any easy way out, no matter who did it or when or how, and the bitch of it all is that we both overreacted and knew this going in.

We could discuss this forever and get nowhere. We can point fingers, criticize, and armchair quarterback until we're blue in the face.

Or, we could have just patiently waited as each president pushed it along to the next, but what would that have bought anyone other than more political fodder and more money for the MIC?

A war on terrorism cannot target a particular country or countries. That's not how it works. But this wasn't really that, was it?

England tried and failed. Russia tried and failed. The U.S. tried and failed. Now Russia's probably going to try again.

No one's real reason was terrorism, the Afghani people, or any other BS excuse they gave us. Nope. It was all about the opportunities world status controlling the pipelines to Asia offered up.

And China, Russia, and Pakistan all lurk in the shadows grinning, all the while pulling the strings that benefit them.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AndreDoLouro

About that, it means "they learned that if you are hit hard, but not defeated, then you can retreat and wait until the enemy goes down on its own. Then you come back and take over by other means, as necessary"

For the Taliban, and as an extension, for the Afghan people, when you are losing, you go and leave the town and move to the mountains. You go to a place no one can reach, then you watch and wait there for a long time, until the enemy defeats themselves. Then you go down the mountain and take over, in a very swift way, as we have clearly seen the past weeks

Also, as the Soviets "learned the way of the Afghan", does that involve Afghanistan in a specific way? And are you saying that as the Soviets left Afghanistan it was a strategic plan to tempt the United States into Afghanistan? That a dimension of their strategic plan (even at the time of the Soviet withdrawal) was for the United States then to wound itself in Afghanistan? Does this long term strategy include a strategic goal for the "Soviets" to return to Afghanistan to do some bargain shopping now that the United States has wounded both itself and Afghanistan?

Yes

edit on 23-8-2021 by MonsterGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2021 by MonsterGirl because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join