It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Schiavo - Sworn Affidavit by RN Ciyer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The insistance by him and the court for cremation is odd and unusual....

Not really, can you imagine the spectacle of the funeral with a casket?
Or the risk of someone messing with the body, after all of this publicity?
When you think about it, it isn't really that odd at all....

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
If Michael had the slightest integrity and he felt so strongly about it he would have petitioned the court to have an overdose of some type or another. It is 6 days that this human being has been without food or water and you want to make it about politics. There but for fortune go you and I.

Why are you under the impression that is an option? You can't do any form of euthanasia in this country that requires a pro-active introduction of life ending means without spending your life in jail for murder.

Why? Because of politics.

So this is the only way Micahel can bring her peace. Withholding sustenance. There's no "Hemlock form" the right to lifers will let him sign, or let the legislature ever pass.

So really, you have the same U.S. busy bodies you're agreeing with on this "don't starve Terri" issue to thank for extending Terri's suffering in the first place, because of THEIR politics.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
what is the point of spending MILLIONS or BILLIONS of dollars in medicine studiees and research looking for cures for all sorts of problems ??? just euthanise people... less money spent... is that waht you suggest?? why bother with Parkinson's pacients ??? euthanise them...right ??? thats really humain... i can feel the light of that "humanity"...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
is that waht you suggest??

No. It's what Mynareis suggested Michael would do "if he cared."

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
is that waht you suggest??

No. It's what Mynareis suggested Michael would do "if he cared."

Yes I guess your solution was starve her to death?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Yes I guess your solution was starve her to death?

Not that it's my place to make that decision, but if I were her husband then yes. It's the only option afforded him to end her suffering.

I suppose if you want to get technical about it I starved my Mom by bringing her home to die. Shall we discuss my own horribly difficult personal decision now, or just keep invading Michael's privacy?

Perhaps an ATS review panel on the "suspicious circumstances" of my mother's death and my medical decisions for her at the time would be best. You know I did have her cremated.

Only of course, until "The Church" and Congress can adequately get a representative in every home to take over the task of these horribly difficult personal decisions for us.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Gazrok & RANT,

Well it looks like you guys won this battle. I hope you have fun drinking your celebratory champagne while dancing on Terri's grave.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Gazrok & RANT,

Well it looks like you guys won this battle. I hope you have fun drinking your celebratory champagne while dancing on Terri's grave.

Only the crazy fringe fanatic lunatics win in these situations. They got on TV and now get to blame mainstream America for an inevitable death, that was none of our doing in the first place.

I've been waiting all day for the irrational "you killed her" comments from the holier than thou martyr types. Never thought you'd be the first DJ.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
OK, I respect all points of view here, and I persoanlly have seen my own family members in tragically similar circumstances.

I am sick and tired of everyone bashing Michael Schiavo. He may be a jerk or not, but it is all besides the point. The point of all the court cases is what would Terri's wishes have been. Anyone who thinks she would wish to live in the state she is in now is not being honest with themselves.

Ask anyone you know, would you want to live in the condition of having to be hooked up to a tube without hope of recovery?

"Yes I would, I want to cling to life at all costs, even with a tube to feed me, do anything and I mean anything to keep me living, no matter the quality of the life."

If this is the answer you get, congratulations, you've met Syd Barrett. (or some other refugee from the funny farm)

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that Mr. Schiavo did have a conversation with his wife about this matter, and that they both answered in the negative to the question of life extension by tube without a thought in one's head.

I don't know anyone who would want to continue life in such a hopeless circumstance.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge

Is it Mr. Shaivo's right to have Terri cremated immediately?

Yes he is after all the husband is he not?

After 15 years, why the rush to cremation, which, while permitted now by the catholic church, is not the preffered internment method? Will Mr. Shaivo now remember another movie where Terri said she didn't want to be buried?

He is not rushing to have the cremation. He stated that he wanted cremation at least 6 years ago if not longer.

I think it's in the best interest of those involved to permit at least an autopsy. That way Mr. Shaivo can show that he has nothing to hide. The insistance by him and the court for cremation is odd and unusual....

Why ask for an autopsy when you know the cause of death? In this case it will be starvation.

There was some contention as to where some of the injuries she may have sustained may have come from paramedics during CPR and not the husband. How on earth is anyone going to prove who caused those injuries?

If the state suspected foul play they could order one in a hearbeat, however; it would be extremely hard to prove the husband caused any specific injury considering the fact she has been in either a nursing home or hospice for 15 years.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Rant: As much as I respect you, I must tell you that you have issues. that was probably one of your more outrageous responses.

I was sorry to read about your mother, I also lost both parents to cancer. However in the end we are speaking about human rights. The right not to starve to death. In the land of plenty Terri is starving to death because her husband feels it is the best way for them both.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I've been waiting all day for the irrational "you killed her" comments from the holier than thou martyr types. Never thought you'd be the first DJ.

I don't accuse you of killing her. It was her husband and the courts, which are supposedly apolitical, who did. I don't believe your agreement with the decisions made or my disagreement really swayed anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That's cool djohnsto77. I just didn't like the Rant & Gazrok dancing on Terri's grave bit. Though I do think there are some rather insideous string pullers behind this circus, I think each of us pawns on every side of the issue have Terri's best interests at heart. Let's not forget that.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Perhaps an ATS review panel on the "suspicious circumstances" of my mother's death and my medical decisions for her at the time would be best. You know I did have her cremated.

Only of course, until "The Church" and Congress can adequately get a representative in every home to take over the task of these horribly difficult personal decisions for us.

Phew, thank god, Im so glad that some fringe religous group can come in and take over for me. My mother died at home in Hospice under my care (Not joking). I had her cremated. Does that make me suspicious?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This will be the last I have to say on the subject as it sickens me to see all the dogma being thrown around by the "Right to Life groups here"

1) These same groups have vilified the husband. Never once giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is carrying out the wishes of his wife.

a) If there was so much evidence about his hiding something as you all assert, why is it being produced at the last possible moment?

b) The same religious groups that are praying for everybody to make the right decision (To thier point of view naturally) are also campaigning for a sanctity of traditional marriage" amendment to the constitution. Yet, the right of a husband or wife to determine the scope of medical treatment is part of that "sanctity". Or is it really the "Sanctity of marriage amendment, except for situations we decide to change on a whim" amendment.

c) How many of you life at all costs crowd have ever had a loved one sitting in a nursing home as a vegetable?

d) How many of you supporting Terri's parents wishes to keep her alive in this vegetative state support the death penalty?

e) Funny how the money motive has faded from the debate at hand. Gee perhaps it was not money after all? Take away money and dubious abuse claims, do we have no motive?

This will go on and on. :shk:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Phew, thank god, Im so glad that some fringe religous group can come in and take over for me. My mother died at home in Hospice under my care (Not joking). I had her cremated. Does that make me suspicious?

Yeah, I wasn't joking either. Hospice rocks.

And Myn, of course I have issues... especially with this. Though it never hit anything like this Schiavo/Schindler thing, my situation played out between myself, my grandparents and a stepfather.

I know how ugly "family" can get in it's insane accusations when someone is dying. The difference is, they usually don't get political action committees behind them agreeing with every wild eyed theory they dream up and constant TV coverage to spread the word. Hehe, I wish I had 15 years on CNN and my day in Congress to talk about the evil Stepfather, but that's not realistic.

This Schiavo circus wasn't realistic either.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Sorry I lied, one other little tidbit about the RN. Much like myself, ALL RN's are mandated reporters of abuse, elder, spousal, child etc etc. So the fact that she waited so many years before giving this "sworn" affidavit is suspect at the very least. She could and should be prosecuted for failing to report this as required. :shk: Betcha dollars to donuts that she is a devout member of some groups protesting all of this

Edit: You do realize that this 'Nurse" is not even listed as such in the state of Florida? Not as an aide, RN, tech or anything which is required for her to work. Look for yourself :shk:
ww2.doh.state.fl.us...

[edit on 3/24/05 by FredT]

[edit on 3/24/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Edit: You do realize that this 'Nurse" is not even listed as such in the state of Florida? Not as an aide, RN, tech or anything which is required for her to work. Look for yourself :shk:
ww2.doh.state.fl.us...

GREAT CATCH Fred and I really mean that honest I do.

That would mean this whole thread has been based on an invalid source.

I do not want to say I told ya so, but I did mention her live interview was highly suspect to me from the get go. :shk:

[edit on 3/24/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well it seems that the family had one more chance tonight to plead for their daughter, but unfortunately they found a suspicious package on the court and have to evacuate.

Lots of things happening in Florida.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
baynews9.com...

Seems the governor has finally realized he's reached the legal limit of what he can do. Pay close attention to Felos' comments regarding the governor's attempt to use DCF to kidnap Terri. Good thing that was thwarted in time, as in if you think this issue is political now, can you imagine what would be the consequences of THAT action if it was successful?

Just a waiting game now....

May Terri finally get the peace she deserves...and I hope her family finds the strength to finally mourn their daughter, who was really lost to them years ago...

There is nothing to celebrate. A woman is still going to die here. True, she really died years ago, but all the same, she will die, and many will mourn her loss (including myself, and I suspect Rant as well). I am thankful (not celebrating) only that jurisprudence has been upheld, and thankful that politicians were unsuccessful at stomping all over the Constitution in furthering their agenda. I am also thankful she will find the peace she deserves after all these years...but there is no celebrating here....

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Gazrok]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join