It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Username Weise here at ATS was Minn. Shooter Killer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
He was on ATS yesterday morning, but he hasn't posted since the beginning of the month

Last Active: 21/3/2005 at 06:12. That was his local time.

If he was up early or up all night who knows.
Not that it matters to why he did what he did, I just wonder what was his state of mind where he is reading posts on the web before shooting his family.

I hope the police release a time line soon so we can know if he was online before or after the first shooting.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am still absorbing this. I mean, forgetting WyrdeOne's excellent point about conspiracies and the information surrounding this shooting, the larger question is, where do we go from here? I do see storm clouds brewing in regard to online conversation boards and their potential for 'breeding terror' which is clearly how some folks will view this situation. This is a very big deal for any board on which this user posted.

Here's how I see it: There's 35,000 or so members on ATS, right? Well, on any given day in New York, I'm sure roughly that number of people pass each other on a particular street corner without even saying hello. Now imagine if there was a message terminal on the corner of every street and each of us could leave a little message to the people who pass that corner. Well, that's essentially the power that participation in message boards gives us. It gives us the power to connect while still remaining largely anonymous. In a way, we're all like those people crossing a particular intersection except that we are able to anonymously leave messages to each other.

Having said that, the larger question is this: Have you walked on the very same section of sidewalk that a murder has walked? The answer almost certainly is yes. Does this mean anything? Not really, because when we're walking in a field of grass, the first thing we do is look for any well-worn paths that other travellers might have trodden. What I mean is, we are attracted to any medium which allows us all to connect with each other and to find commonality.

Just because this confused kid tried to find solace on ATS doesn't reflect poorly upon the board, it just shows the POWER of the online forums that are taking shape within the past decade.

I think it's great to read the posts which the members of the ATS family have made in this thread because any authority who visits is going to see that ATS is a place where thinking people communicate in a non-abusive and positive way. This place is not a breeding ground for people who have their own agenda. I am sure this person would have pursued his own violent thoughts regardless of having participated in ATS forums or not. He had a caring hand held out to him by several members here, and he chose not to accept it.

Not sure I'm the best qualified to comment, but that's my feeling on it right now. Peace to all.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
He was on ATS yesterday morning, but he hasn't posted since the beginning of the month

Last Active: 21/3/2005 at 06:12. That was his local time.

If he was up early or up all night who knows.
Not that it matters to why he did what he did, I just wonder what was his state of mind where he is reading posts on the web before shooting his family.

I hope the police release a time line soon so we can know if he was online before or after the first shooting.

good find...

is there any way to see what threads he was looking at???

ATS has NOTHING to do with this but it is still a good thing to look at...

it is interesting too...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
ABC News on TV right now says that Weise went to school in a stolen Police cruiser and wearing body armour. He traded gunshots with the police after his killing spree and eventually turned the gun on himself.

It was his grandfathers vest and cruiser.

RED LAKE, Minn. (CP) - Authorities were trying to determine Tuesday what caused a teenager to gun down his grandfather, put on the man's police-issue belt and bulletproof vest, and drive his marked squad car to a high school, where he began shooting his classmates at will.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
This is sad
We at ats should help each other out. Never call someone an idiot or retard. You dont know what theyll do.

Id just like to say that Ive only read the beginning so far and to the people concerned about ATS's image
Ppl dead and all you can think about is a websites image

FINALLY! Someone agrees with me!

and ya, I found it REALLY disgusting how you people were talking about the image of ATS, sure its bad that he was part of us but people! He killed 7 people at his school! I could care less if this website had a bad image, Im worried about the familes and friends of the people!

Im sorry guys, I really like ATS but that just really struck me as amazing, I thought you guys were really caring...but your worrying about your image more than those people...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well I do have a couple question.

#1 Was he on any certain medication? (Medications have been known to cause psychological problems which could have triggered this)

#2 Why did the school traget him as a potential shooter? ( I do know a lot of teachers and students can be cruel to other students maybe a mix of medication and pressure caused him to snap? This is if his story was correct.)

EDIT: Added some detail.

[edit on 3/22/2005 by AndrewTB]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We are all different Reikuro. The world is full of different people.
Just because some people don't type out their feeling doesn't mean they don't care.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
#1 Was he on any certain medication? (Medications have been known to cause psychological problems which could have triggered this)

Andrew I don't think anything has been said about medication. Keep an eye on the news and let us know if they reveal anything like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
Im sorry guys, I really like ATS but that just really struck me as amazing, I thought you guys were really caring...but your worrying about your image more than those people...

Well in my own defense, I was shocked and appaled by the events but I was still worried about the effect this may have on ATS. Why? I was worried about a possible witch hunt and rightly so. Last time I believe they blamed it on automatic weapons and marilyn manson. Some people(me included) were just concerned that ATS could take the blame by the media. Not worried as much anymore but the risk still remains.

Remember tensions have been running a lil hot lately on ATS and this just blew the casket yet again. Expect to see ranging diverse and yes sometimes cold and callous remarks on this site especially when the drama is thick.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Did I miss something, or did the news describe ATS as "a site frequented by neo-nazis"? He made those quotes here.

Or did he post that somewhere else as well- perhaps on the site that has been coordinating the Nazi invasion of ATS?

It's really disconcerting to know that we have this little connection, especially when people are always so desperate to find a finger to point when these things happen. The last thing we need is to be painted as a bunch of paranoid hate mongers who drove somebody insane, just because society needs somebody to blame for things like this.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Well in my own defense, I was shocked and appaled by the events but I was still worried about the effect this may have on ATS. Why? I was worried about a possible witch hunt and rightly so. Last time I believe they blamed it on automatic weapons and marilyn manson. Some people(me included) were just concerned that ATS could take the blame by the media. Not worried as much anymore but the risk still remains.

Remember tensions have been running a lil hot lately on ATS and this just blew the casket yet again. Expect to see ranging diverse and yes sometimes cold and callous remarks on this site especially when the drama is thick.

I feel the same exact way. I may only be a recent poster but as ive said ive been lurking for a few years. I listen to marilyn manson and post here so I guess the media considers me a nazi. At least it seems that way.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Did I miss something, or did the news describe ATS as "a site frequented by neo-nazis"? He made those quotes here.

No - the site mentioned was not ATS. He must have copied/pasted the info here too. Who knows how more other places he visited ?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i really wish you people would read the thread, yeah 10 pages, but jeez, it would save alot of time and answer all your questions if you did.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Andrew, on one of his posts he mentioned that he had been put on anti depressants, following a sucide attempt. Of course, there is no way of knowing if he was actually still taking them.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

and ya, I found it REALLY disgusting how you people were talking about the image of ATS, sure its bad that he was part of us but people! He killed 7 people at his school! I could care less if this website had a bad image, Im worried about the familes and friends of the people!

i found that interesting too reiku... ATS is a board, and should be nothing compared to what has happened in Minnesota

our thoughts should be with the victims and their families, not a load of coding on the internet

dont get me wrong, i like ATS, but on the grand scheme of things, it matters little

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is terrible, my heart goes out to all the families of the victims.

It is just amazing to me that he was a member of this site. Perhaps in the future we all can give anyone here whose post hint toward a depressed and sad person some positive reenforcement, let them know someone out there cares about their well being.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If he was a member here,Im sure he was a member on Ogrish.com...I looked for his username there,and I couldnt find it..

There are alot of self proclaimed neo-nazi's there..

Yes,I am a forum member there too

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Bootyac]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I put together a page of all of his posts:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's rather sad to read.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks Skeptic, it's tastefully done.
Hopefull reading it will give us all more of a feeling to watch out for those who need help.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Really sad reading that. I just realized he joined here a couple weeks after me. That avatar rings so many bells. And the posts are just sad.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join