It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your ideas for video games

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is the thread were you share your ideas for video games. I'll have one up soon. The main things are roles, characters, plot, features, and system it would be on.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I seem to remember this thread being done, however since it's been so long I'd be happy to add my ideas to this thread.

Ok how about a game were it's a huge galaxy and all, but you can do anything you want. Anything, you don't have to fight the Empire, or the Klingons, or whatever. You don't have to do what you don't want to do. Basically think Universal Combat, only way more open.

Make this a MMORPG located on one server thing, like Guild Wars to prevent typical problems that come about when finding servers. One huge integrated universe. Like the Matrix, only the virtual world is all futuristic.

Have the option of opening a store, or become a mercenary. Bounty hunter, soldier, delivery boy, CEO of a weapons corporation, anything. Let the player buy thousands of components, let them design ships and weapons. Let players actually explore the ships, let them board the ships like an FPS, or command the marines from the bridge of your ship.

Cool eh?

Ok my other idea is a zombie survival game. Sort of like Resident Evil only more open. Give it a GTA feel how you can visit the entire city on your own. The objective, not sure, just survive a zombie attack I guess.

The plotline goes like this;
Ok a few terrorists get some samples from a little project known as "Project Sturgeon", which is believed to be an actual Soviet conspiracy (seriously, look around ATS, maybe you'll see something on it). So they then go to a major city, which will include suburbs and rural areas outside the city, sort of like San Andreas in a way. The terrorists (seriously, I can't come up with a better term for the villian, even if the term "terrorist" is pretty abused these days) inject a few citizens with these samples. Now afterwards these citizens will go about their normal lives, unknowinly containing a deadly virus, which will take effect later that day.

So anyhow you start off pre-outbreak, this way you can get adjusted to the gameplay, stockpile weapons, explore the city, etc. Anyhow you can read the news paper and visit internet forums and stuff, and stuff. At first you see that there are reports of rabies or canabalism and such.

Ok so after a while the FDA and Diseise Control Center start investigating. So you basically get to watch the zombie virus spread through the city, slowly but steadily. Anyhow the DCC is being pretty queit about the whole mess. Anyhow the virus is slowly spreading, and at some point early on you are attacked by a zombie on your way back back from work or something like that. So anyhow slowly as the game progresses NPC's (who you will be able to talk to) will start to talk about this. But then, all of a sudden the media will just "not report" the story anymore. Yep, just as the virus starts to gain attention, a media blackout occurs.

So anyhow the media goes blank about this, but luckily the internet is still working. Sadly many sites are affected by this blackout. However a few forums with a few paranoid members aren't silenced. They begin to post their theories about whats going on.

Then in a scripted scene in the game (much like your first zombie fight) a small force of zombies will attack an school. After this the media blackout continues. Until a small band of radicals hijack a TV station and report what is really going on. All of a sudden at about that moment large zombie masses begin to appear. They converge on a shopping mall (a la Dawn of the Dead) and start to appear in many rundown areas of the city.

At this point total panic erupts. Riots begin, zombies attack these riots. Police are deployed all over the city in an attempt to keep the city under control. However despite being armed with some nice weaponry, and a sizable SWAT team (the equipment will be useful later on in the game), the police are strectched to thin. Fighting both rioters and zombies and looters proves to be far too much. Eventually the police force starts to sucumb to the zombie assualt. Pockets of police survivors pop up all over the city, abandoning their duty's in order to protect themselves and their families. Most police stations become fortresses, however most fall to the zombie onslaught.

At this point people are begining to evacuate. However, they come to a shocking discovery, the US military is prohibiting evacuation. Yes, the city is completly locked down. And when they return to their homes, they learn that FEMA has taken control of the city. Yep, the Federal Emergancy Management Agency is now in control. They called for the lockdown, and now they're making sure that nothing dead or alive leaves that city without proper clearence, which you don't have.

Ok so you're stranded in a the city, and the area around the city, and zombies are assualting the whole area. From here you simply have to survive. However you notice somethings. All forms of communication have been cutoff from the city. All cables in and out of the city have been cut. If you're around the area, you'll watch as the power plant is assualted by special forces by helicopter. All nuclear material is removed, and then minutes later fighter bombers deliever laser guided bombs into the plant, utterly annilating your power source.

Even with batteries you find that all internet access has been cut off. The few with access were tracked by an outside source (the NSA as revieled later) and disconnected from the outside. All radio signals are being jammed. So now you truley are quarantined.

So anyhow from there, you must survive. You will need food, water, weapons and probably a fortified shelter. What you do from there is in your hands.

Until you recieve a message delievered by a friend of yours in the army. All forces are backing up by about 20 miles. And they are being equiped with hazmats suits, sutible against some radiation, and all biological and chemical agents. Now you know, like in Resident Evil, the US goverment is going to nuke your city, with you in it. Your new objective is to get out of the city. However this won't be easy thanks to a military blockade. Lucky your friend told you of a way out. An unnoticed sewer pipe that is actually part of a neighboring town, which means you'll have to get towards one of the most infested areas of the city to get to the system, which is seperate from your city's system.

And anyhow as the plot progresses you finally learn the shocking truth. In an effort to cause a panic, in order to gain support for the invasion of China or some place in the middle east, the US goverment started the outbreak themselves. They then controlled the media to make it look as if the Chinese were behind this. They then nuked the city in order to stop the spread of the virus. Now they have full support for their invasion.

Anyhow, hope you all like the idea. I drew inspiration from Resident Evil and the 9/11 conspiracy theory (which I highly doubt is true).

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well, I already sent this idea to WWE Corporations, and posted on here, but here is my game idea.

In WWE Smackdown series you are always a wrestler, you are the General Managers Bitch. What he says, you do, no choice. The rivals/alliances are chosen by the game/GM. Well, my idea, WWE Smackdown You're The Man you are the General Manager.

Starts with asking you which show you want to be GM of. When you choose(I am going to choose RAW) it cuts to a scene. Eric Biscoff is out in the middle of the ring talking about whatever..... when the Vince Music plays and Vince McMahon steps out onto the titantron. "Eric Biscoff, the rating of RAW have gone downhill ever since you came aboard. Now I have talked with the board and we agree, YOU'RE FIRED!" Then it goes to Vince walking up to you(first person) and asking you to become the new RAW GM. Here you enter your name(or whatever you want it to be) face, body, clothes, sex, whatever and you are now the GM of RAW. From here you make the decisions, you are the man(or woman), and here we begin.

You have choices to make. Who will fight who? What kind of match? When? What order? Who will be in the main event of the night? Also, if your show does well, and gets high rating, the better ads you can choose to run. So start out with Ma&Pa Bait Shop for 100 dollars, then after a few weeks of doing great in the ratings you can choose if you want the new Rock Movie Ad to play then the Stacker 2 Ad, or if you want the PS2 Ad to run then Stacker 2. More money you make, more you can pay wrestlers.

You can trade between RAW and Smackdown. Say you want Big Show on RAW, now, you would have to trade someone like Triple HHH or Randy Orton for Big Show. But say you are the top show of the week for 5 weeks straight, the wrestlers from Smackdown will want to get on your show because people watch your show. So now you only have to trade say.... William Regal for Big Show instead of a big shot like Triple HHH or Randy Orton.

Then, during a year, contracts tend to run out. Say Kurt Angel's contract is about to run out on Smackdown, and you want him on RAW. Smackdown is offering 3,000 a show, 5,000 a PPV. Now, if you have done well in the ratings, meaning better ads, meaning more money paid for ads, you may be able to offer 4,000 a show, 7,500 a PPV. Or can also include a #1 Contender for the WWE Championship(or intercontinental) if he takes your contract. Then, after every Wrestlemania a lottery is done, 3 wrestlers are chosen at random from both shows and are taken to the other show.(excluding champs and tag teams((they count as 1, this way tag teams aren't split up))

Ok, you the GM, but you really want to wrestle also, cause you know, it's fun to beat people up. So when you chose what GM you are, either you choose a wrestler to be also, or what I like(from old style PS1 Smackdown), when you are done making a show, you go through the list, say you don't want to wrestle in the first match, you hit skip and the computer choses who wins based on whatever was used in the early Smackdowns. But you want to wrestle in the second match, so you choose wrestle, and choose who you want to be in that match. Then when match over, whatever.

Ok, either you are a wrestler or you choose whenever there is a match you want to wrestle in. Now, in WWE SDvsRAW they have mini games before the match, hate that, turned it off. But in WWE Smackdown You're The Man if you choose to wrestle in a match, before it you can choose your actions. Do you A: Shake opponets hand B: Nothing C: Push Opponet D: Slap Opponet. If you slap them or push them you may start a rival battle, if you choose nothing, it just a match, really doesn't matter, but if you choose to shake hands, and he shakes your hand, you may start a alliance. From real life, you have Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. They are friends, and when they wrestle they usually shake hands before a match, and when it over the winner picks the loser up, you know, "Hey, you alright? Great match man." And are a great tag team, former Tag Champs. So say in the game, you have Shelton Benjamin and Maven, before a match you shake his hand, or if not that you have after the match. Choices? A: Celebrate B: Check on Opponet C: Attack Opponet. SO if you didn't shake hands before the match, you can check on opponet after. If you do this enough, can form an alliance/tag team, have them fight for tag team championship belts, so forth.

But say you are the GM, and you don't like that new kid Chris Masters. So you put him in a match against Kane and wrestle as Kane. When you get to the match, choose wrestle and then choose Kane, and then the match starts. But before it does, you have the options given above. You choose slap, and so you slap, and fight, and probably win. Then next week you do same match but this time you choose shove. Repeat this a couple times and by the PPV should have a rival going between those two. But can't really do the same match over and over, fans would get bored, costing you ratings. So say first week it just regular match. Next week it a No DQ match. Week after that it a cage match. Then when you get to PPV it a Iron Man match. Get those ratings up people!

Anyways, I like my idea, why I sent it to WWE Corporations. So who knows, next WWE Smackdown game could be WWE SMACKDOWN YOU'RE THE MAN.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
SIMS playing SIMS playing SIMS.

O_o

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Okay here are the specs for my idea for a game

systems PS2, and PC,
type tactics/turn based strategy
graphics 3rd person/3D

Here is the story, a 15 year old boy in South Africa named Kenachi had his villiage destroyed and his parents killed by the Eqyptian Army . So he sets out across Africa to avenge his villiage and his parents. On his journey he meets many people that help him, eventually he builds an army.

More info comming soon!

[edit on 3-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, only I'm pretty sure that the South African army is more than capable of defending against an Egyptian attack. After all the logistics involved would be a crippling factor in an invasion for Egypt.

Either way sounds like a good idea. Makes me think maybe gurellia warfare style gameplay?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Sounds interesting, only I'm pretty sure that the South African army is more than capable of defending against an Egyptian attack. After all the logistics involved would be a crippling factor in an invasion for Egypt.

Either way sounds like a good idea. Makes me think maybe gurellia warfare style gameplay?

Thats a cool idea, but this is ancient Africa, my idea is based on fire emblem which you attack with swords, axes, arrows, etc.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
Thats a cool idea, but this is ancient Africa, my idea is based on fire emblem which you attack with swords, axes, arrows, etc.

Not that it's the same thing, but you might really enjoy StrongHold Crusader play. It's a classic.

I love the kind of games where you can auto set hundreds of guys to shoot arrows at anything that moves.
And also order Knights to walk into that.

I'd definitely play an African version of the game. Like tribes, spears and stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Not that it's the same thing, but you might really enjoy StrongHold Crusader play. It's a classic.

I love the kind of games where you can auto set hundreds of guys to shoot arrows at anything that moves.
And also order Knights to walk into that.

I'd definitely play an African version of the game. Like tribes, spears and stuff.

Yeah and you could also use axes, swords, arrows, and the other stuff you use in fire emblem. The difference is that you would have more classes to upgrade into and you would have new classes with special powers. And other features which I will tell you guys soon! And of course you can use spears and meet other tribes and call them in as reinforcments when needed. Thats something I made up myself the only weird thing about the game is that you would have to move tons of characters that you could each move to attack or get closer to attacking the enemy. In fact I don't think everybody would enjoy do to how long each mission would take.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sounds pretty cool. Anyhow here goes my idea;

It's about the year 2075, and everything is well, high tech, that and many of the worlds nations have merged or been taken over into superpowers. So anyhow you get to join any of those superpowers as a part of their Army, Navy, Airforce or Marines even. You start out as the equivilent of a private until you advance all the way to a general or admiral.

So anyhow the concept is like Battlefield 1942, or Battlefield 2 in a way, only 2075. That and you can recieve promotions. Only certain weapons and positions will require specialized training, sort of like America's Army.

Anyhow here is a map that I edited to show the superpowers, yes it's extremely cheap and kindergardenerish, but my hand started to hurt after trying to color in the entire Soviet Union;
external image

Ok so let me give a basic description of each.

The regular blue nation is the United States of the American Empire. As you can see we've invaded Canada, the northern half of Mexico, and Cancun in Mexico. Our strength is in our air force and high tech weapons. Our weakness is in our numbers and vehicles.

The Hispanic Republic is a union of all the Spanish speaking nations south of the new border ever since we invaded Mexico. Brazil speaks Portugese so they're not a part of the Republic. They are a well balanced nation who have a slight advantage in numbers but a proportional disadvantage in the air.

Then their is the European Union. They are a more controlative form of the already existing EU. The officia langugue has become French due to France's influence. In the year 2040 when the langugue resolution came into effect the UK permanently left the EU in order to preserve it's culture and freedoms. The EU's main advantage is in very well trained and armed foot soldiers along with a powerful navy. Their main weakness is they have very few ground troops and their vehicles leave much room for improvement.

The Soviet Union is back, only this time they're more powerful and more politically secure thanks to lessons learned from the rise of the Russian Mafia during the days of capatalism. Their main strength is in their superior vehicles which include tanks, LAV's and APC's. They also have the best helicopters in the game. Their airforce is also a force to be reckoned with. Their weakness is that they have little in the way of a navy outside a powerful submarine fleet. Their soldiers other than Spetsnaz (some of the best in the game) aren't trained up to expectations.

The middle eastern emirates is a religously united union of middle eastern nations. They're a well balanced nation with more reliable weapons and a sizable army complete with plenty of vehicles. Their weakness is poorly trained soldiers, their weapons although reliable are outdate and lack in many areas.

The Indian Empire is an empire consisting of India, Bangladesh, Burma and Thailand. Their strength is having the largest army of foot soldiers, they also have an above average air force. Their weakness is in their vehicles and lack of training and equipment for their foot soldiers.

The People's Republic of the Chinese Commonwealth is basically a fancy name for when China has to expand. They own Vietnam, Taiwan, Cambodia and North Korea. Their strength is in troop strength. Their weakness is lack of good equipment. They also went with a mediocre air force in exchange for a large navy.

Ok so that idea probably sucks but hey, I'm suffering from a lack of sleep.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I like your idea Cyberdude but I would add Japan and South Korea to the Chinese empire.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have an idea for one:

Create this MASSIVE online forum based on conspiracies. Get everybody super paranoid, follow me so far?

Then create a point system for posts. The goal is to get the most people replying to your posts as possible. The more crazy/controversial your post is the more responses you get and the points will just role in.

But be careful!!! You must battle creatures that lurk in the shadows called "mods". They will deduct points for posts that don’t meet the criteria, or are just plain stupid.

Some posters will taunt you with insults and jeers attempting to get you thrown off the boards or deducted points so they can advance without your competition.

If your posts are especially good and thought provoking you may even get bonus points or even accolades from other competitors called "Above Top Secret Awards".

the best thing about my idea are the minimal system requirments. All you need is an internet connection and a browser that reads HTML.

So, what you you guys think? Think anybody will participate?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I have an idea for one:

Create this MASSIVE online forum based on conspiracies. Get everybody super paranoid, follow me so far?

Then create a point system for posts. The goal is to get the most people replying to your posts as possible. The more crazy/controversial your post is the more responses you get and the points will just role in.

But be careful!!! You must battle creatures that lurk in the shadows called "mods". They will deduct points for posts that don’t meet the criteria, or are just plain stupid.

Some posters will taunt you with insults and jeers attempting to get you thrown off the boards or deducted points so they can advance without your competition.

If your posts are especially good and thought provoking you may even get bonus points or even accolades from other competitors called "Above Top Secret Awards".

the best thing about my idea are the minimal system requirments. All you need is an internet connection and a browser that reads HTML.

So, what you you guys think? Think anybody will participate?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by skippytjc]

I like it ROFL where did you get the idea from ha ha.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
But be careful!!! You must battle creatures that lurk in the shadows called "mods".

* Just then an especially ferocious mod named dbates swooped down an devoured skipptjc like a wolf on a chicken. To bad he has just put away his sword. It would have been a good fight were it not for that fact*

CHOMP CHOMP CRUNCH... He needed some ketchup I think.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Weapons and ideas are combined from Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter, Halo and Halo 2, Pariah, Star Wars, Brute Force, and [
] InuYasha, lol!

It is 23rd Century AD, the war between the Covenant and Humans [Here would be 2152, 2552 makes no sense for the weapons] is long over. Now united in the now UG, United Galaxy, they now work together to explore, colonize, and unite the galaxy.

One of the new solar systems found is the Vagnar System[I suck with creating names, so, Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter System]. It seemed more like another one like our's[Except, lol, this is InuYaha's[You'll see]], so, it's good for mining and settling.

Of course, there are those who want to destroy the UG. Calling themselves the GLA, or Galactic Liberation Army, they're doing horrible damage, so a new force was need to keep the peace.

The new Spartan V Project, is to create a large peaceforce. Known as Rangers, they're job is to hold off the GLA, at all cost.

Not long ago though, in the Vagnar System, a strange virus [The Flood] has started to take over the "New" Earth. The first wave of the Spartans, are to help evacuate ten people, who seem to have the virus, but have been frozen to slow it down, back to a safe lab. Because the GLA want them to spread it on the UG.

Under the command of [making up a name] COL. Vincent Jefferson, him and his other 17 soldiers are to protect a vessel named the UGSS Typhoon[A Tantive IV looking ship from Star Wars Episode IV], along with it's 15 Doctors and Nurses, 10 Pilots, and their Captain, 2nd in command, and Cheif of the Boat out of the system, and so far, their have been only small scale raids, but the worst is coming.

They also must carry one other dangerous cargo that is to be shipped out with them: 4 Nukes to be evacutated from the system. Unfortunately, the Typhoon used to be a warship, but thanks to the evacuation and limited of ships, they have to leave with them.

Now, alone and unguarded, they have to fight their way back home.

Strange, yes?

Guess who those 10 are. lol They would come later in the story, alive and well.

I got the idea for a book I'm writing. I might ask it for extra credit[I'm desprite in English, lol!].

I'll agree, it sounds strange, espically with InuYasha and them in it, but we kill them anyways.
lol Nea, something VERY CLOSE HAPPENS LIKE THAT THOUGH!!! VEEEEERRRRY CLOSE!!! In the middle of the story, they get cloned, and the flood takes over their thoguhts, so we kill the clones. lol It's something about that I like.

[edit on 10-4-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hmm, I guess you could say this is like a futuristic version of the "Odessey".

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I like your idea cyberdude, but who are the good guys and bad guys? Would this game be a RPG,RTS, or a mixture of both?

And where did you get that map at? I would like to take a closer look at it.

P.S. Is their a game out their thats a mixture of both RPG and RTS? If so which game is it?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well as for that map, I'm not sure were I found the original, however the superpower colorization was done by me. For good guys and bad guys, well it's like the real world, the line is blurred. You just choose a side and decide for yourself if they're good or evil. And it would be a combonation of an RPG and RTS. You would advance in rank and fight the wars. However like real life it wouldn't be much of an RTS until you get promoted to a command postition. Otherwise you start as the equivlent of the expendable guy in most RTS's.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Soon there will be a game that is a really an uber-marketing-research tool in disguise... It is a non-linear game like Grand Theft Auto but it can only be played exclusively online, a requirement that allows the marketing company to constantly monitor the choices made by each player--preferences of brands and activities and somehow they will figure out a way to monitor the actual age of those who play the games, be it by a DNA scanner in the control pad or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well here are some of the classes you can play as.

Long Range Archer/ Sniper/ Armored sniper

Abilities
Can attack from 3 spaces away with regular bows and can attack from 5 spaces away with longbow, has extremely good accuracy. Also has a sword that he's pretty good with.

Myrimdon/Swordmaster/ Super Swordmaster

Abilities

Really good evasion, really fast attack and also high critical rates.

knight/General/Fortress

Abilities

Strong defense, strong attack, and low movement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join