It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Repo chased off Reservation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I switched the channel yesterday, and I was just watching 90 Days Fiance.

And here's Operation Repo on an American Indian reservation trying to repossess a truck.
But here they failed.
In fact, they had to leave the reservation without the truck, and the tribal police followed them to make sure they left.

Now Operation Repo is apparently a recreated series with actors/actresses, but based on real cases.
Call me naive, but I first thought it was real.
en.wikipedia.org...

I just found it very entertaining, but wonder if this could actually happen in the US?

edit on 5-3-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Too bad they got most of their land repo'd.

Better luck in the next timeline?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Reservations are their own sovereign nations, so they would need to appeal to the local law enforcement first. I don't know how the repo laws would work necessarily, but I wouldn't be surprised if you needed a court order or if some hoops needed to be jumped through first legally, not to mention the community aspect.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

... but wonder if this could actually happen in the US?

Absolutely! Not only can it happen, but it happens all the time! No non-tribal agency (save the FBI) has any jurisdiction or authority on an American Indian Reservation. Not even the FBI can arrest someone for something other than a major felony crime like murder, sexual abuse, etc. And even then it has to be done by a special unit of the FBI called the Indian Country Crimes Unit (ICCU).

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Skooter_NB

Most Tribal Councils would laugh a repo agent off the reservation in short order. They're not even allowed to be there at all, let alone go on a reservation to repo something. I suspect such an action would have to be approved by the Tribal Council of the nation, and then be executed by the Tribal Police.

They should have known better!

edit on 3/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh I can't even drive through some of the pueblos around me right now with all entries with checkpoints, due to Covid, and sometimes am able to go there normal times for some off-roading (if invited)...

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would have to guess they knew darn well they couldn't be there, and did it for ratings.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I would have to guess they knew darn well they couldn't be there, and did it for ratings.

It was just a reality show with paid actors and a scripted situation. Acted to look real just like "Cheaters" or this one I had the pleasure of working on, one of my first paid crew movie gigs back in 07.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-3-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
After recent events in the US I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with these kind of "recreated" programs including constant simulated violence and aggression.

While there's usually no firearms, and different episodes have different races and scenarios, there's also no doubt that the more racial instances are based on stereotypical semiotics in constant confrontational terms. For example, there was one episode where an Asian woman actually ran out of a massage parlor and attacked the "repo" protagonists (and nope, I can't find it at the moment on YouTube).

Now I'm not one for censorship, especially as our affordable satellite programing in SA consists of largely boring news channels and the worst of dated movies, and faux reality fodder like TLC or similar channels are quite entertaining in comparison. Neither is it easy to say whether artifice imitates life, or life imitates artifice.

It is getting a bit weird where every time I come home and all you hear is Americans screaming "blue murder" at each other from one of these programs, which aren't even real. Whether it's just entertainment or not (and I had to Google it to make sure it's a "recreation"), it gets the adrenaline and nervous system up.

Firstly these channels should be more upfront about which programs are fiction, and there should also be more reconciliatory moments or entire episodes, where for example, the truck or whatever was paid for, and they all have a nice barbecue together, for example. All the characters (and actors/actresses) can have a good laugh about it.

Currently you could actually call some of these episodes race/gender baiting, and as it's presented within the charged atmosphere of the present, simply presenting this kind of constant stressful antagonism without any significant deflation is a bad idea in my humble opinion.

Of course TV cannot be solely blamed for real events, but it is ultimately part of the music of what happens.
edit on 24-3-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join