It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditating Seeking the inner void

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have returned to meditating. Seeking to enter an inner void that exists in all of us. The difficulty I have entering that inner void is fear. Letting go of the last thread of sensory to this world. That might be strange to hear. But at least to me it feels akin to experiencing death. Letting go of everything for nothing but a black void of silence. In which no stimili exists. Only emptiness.

In meditating I lay on the bed. I first tense my legs and arms and then relax them. Mentally projecting my hands and legs sinking through the bed. Thoughts come to mind. My mind which I have nicknamed the watcher, witesses those thoughts but chooses not to be apart of them. So all thoughts slowly dissipate. Within 15 minutes it feels like my legs are turning to concrete, then my arms. When that feeling reaches my chest I fight it. So it sometimes bypasses my chest and heads to my face. Moving my facial muscles slightly to release tensions before turning to concrete. I feel like a spray of some type of sweetness has entered my lungs. Then that concrete feeling returns back to my chest, my breath being my last strangehold to reality. I just don't want to ley go. Only when I have said to my watcher that I don't care if I die, have I past that stage. Just a couple of times.

A tune, zzzzzzzzz, feeling of whiteness, then I am back in a black voild of nothingness. The watcher being me that is not thinking, having a different subtleness to that of mind. Its happy just to exist in that void. Then after staying a while I exit. Feeling like a bear that has been hibernating for months, I am slowly able to regain the movement of muscles in my body again. Stretching as did only as a child. The entire process taking over 2-3 hours.

Do others here meditate. I love to hear your methods/stories.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I used to meditate before judo practice. I felt it gave me some different kind of inner strength.
These days I'll go to a countryside farmers shrine ⛩ and meditate then enjoy a rice ball and a cup of sake.

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I’m a noob at it. And I’ve slacked off quite a bit. But I do enjoy it’s affect. I admit I have no idea how to get to “the void” or make myself feel like “concrete”. It really does help keep the upstairs somewhat uncluttered and breathing feels good. Something we take for granted.

I usually walk and meditate or will stare at the horizon at the beach. Corny for sure, but I’m pretty new at it.

edit on 24-2-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Weird that something measured itself in the void and became "other." Weird that we're all likely fragments of that thing/no thing.

Also, it's possible to be so woke that one wants to go back to sleep... just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Not corny at all. Anything that free's our mind is beneficial to mind and body. Staring at the horizon at the beach is keeping your attention in the NOW which kinda shortcuts the mind that operates past/future tense. Focusing attention on breathing operates in similar fashion. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I suspect its the self without all the baggage of the brain. The interesting part is what happens after meditation. Because the brain ceases to be as noisy, far more subtle thoughts, reach our awarness. There is weirdness in those subtle thoughts.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I do, every morning when I wake I try to bring a sense of self to well, myself. Just paying attention to my body. Giving my body conscious thought.

I don't find any meditation useful though, if it can't be brought into the day. Into work, into play, whatever you do.

Starting the day with a conscious connection between body and mind is key.

I wish you the best of luck. You have to find your own way. No answers will be found here.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Thank you Gnawledge

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Do others here meditate. I love to hear your methods/stories.

Be very careful least the silver cord be broken. Years ago my dearest friend could sleep the sleep of the dead and visit the winds of time in the early evenings but the silver cord broke one night and he called out with no one to know how to rescue his spirit. I heard him call but had no wisdom to help him. I am very serious about that matter. LOL

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I appreciate your warning Seede. I don't have any impression of body or cord. It feels like I am entering the inner me rather than travelling externally. I have no wish to explore anything but my I AM. I have heard buddhist speak of world between worlds where souls are trapped and confused. It is not permenent. When their karma is expelled they will be free to travel to the other realms. I have also heard it said from a great authority in Buddhism that a great many Christians are also trapped in that realm. I do not know why thats the case because many christians throughout history have achieved great spiritualism. I fear that the current understanding of revelation is causing expectation of recieving salvation in the after life. If the Father doesn't reward selfishness then those that seek their own salvation will not be rewarded. If however, you have a great compassion for all and want help them, then salvation can occur through your desires to help others. But thats an uninformed opinion on my part. I only share that from concern.

If God is truth then we must seek truth in prayer and meditation.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Meditation | What the Bible Says (Awake!—2014)

THE BIBLE’S VIEWPOINT

What is meditation?

“I will meditate on all your activity and ponder over your dealings.”—Psalm 77:12.

WHAT PEOPLE SAY

Meditation takes many forms, a number of which have roots in ancient Eastern religions. “The mind has to be empty to see clearly,” said one writer on the subject. His words reflect the view that emptying the mind while focusing on certain words or images promotes inner peace, mental clarity, and spiritual enlightenment.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

The Bible puts a high value on meditation. (1 Timothy 4:15, footnote) The kind of meditation that it encourages, however, does not entail emptying the mind or repeating a certain word or phrase, sometimes called a mantra. Rather, Biblical meditation involves purposeful thinking on wholesome topics, such as God’s qualities, standards, and creations. “I meditate on all your activity; I eagerly ponder over the work of your hands,” prayed a faithful man of God. (Psalm 143:5) He also said: “I remember you while upon my bed; I meditate on you during the watches of the night.”—Psalm 63:6.

How can meditation benefit you?

“The heart of the righteous one meditates before answering.”—Proverbs 15:28.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

Wholesome meditation gives us inner depth, quiet reserve, and moral strength—all of which add insight and understanding to our speech and behavior. (Proverbs 16:23) Such meditation, therefore, also contributes to a happy and rewarding life. Concerning the person who regularly meditates on God, Psalm 1:3 states: “He will be like a tree planted by streams of water, a tree that produces fruit in its season, the foliage of which does not wither. And everything he does will succeed.”

Meditation also helps us to improve our comprehension and memory. To illustrate, when we study an aspect of creation or a certain Bible topic, we learn many interesting facts. But when we meditate on those facts, we see how they relate to one another and to what we have learned in the past. Thus, just as a carpenter turns raw materials into an attractive building, meditation enables us to “assemble” facts into a coherent pattern or structure.

Should meditation be properly directed?

“The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it?”—Jeremiah 17:9.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

“From inside, out of the heart of men, come injurious reasonings, sexual immorality, thefts, murders, acts of adultery, greed, acts of wickedness, deceit, brazen conduct, an envious eye, . . . and unreasonableness.” (Mark 7:21, 22) Yes, like a fire, meditation must be controlled! Otherwise, improper thoughts could nurture hurtful desires that might race out of control and lead to evil deeds.—James 1:14, 15.

Accordingly, the Bible encourages us to meditate on ‘things that are true, righteous, pure, lovable, well-spoken-of, virtuous, and praiseworthy.’ (Philippians 4:8, 9; footnote) When we take in such fine thoughts and “sow” them in our mind, we will reap in the form of beautiful qualities, gracious speech, and warm relationships with others.—Colossians 4:6.

Psalm 49:3

My own mouth will speak wisdom,

And the meditation of my heart will show understanding.

edit on 27-2-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you, whereislogic.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: glend
The 'inner void' does not exist.

Void is nothing (empty)......there is nothing inside.

The real issue is there is a presupposing of something that isn't.

A borderline........which creates the illusion of a me inside and a world outside.

"Adi Da Samraj: “There Is No Self Within”, 1973"

The Myth of Within

If there is no one inside......who needs saving?
edit on 28-2-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I no longer have an inner void.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I no longer have an inner void.

There is no I.......... there's just what is happening.

No thing separate.

I is a concept.

Nothing is happening 🤣
edit on 28-2-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Chesterjohn has no inner void.
edit on 2/28/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
What is chesterjohn?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

A body, a soul and a Spirit

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Nagarjuna...“Emptiness wrongly grasped is like picking up a poisonous snake by the wrong end.”. You can be bitten. So don't listen to westerners that have little idea of these concepts. Only listen to "respected" eastern masters on these topics.

Adi Da Samraj is not an avatar, just another westerner using spirituality to further his own ego. Creating a cult along with charges of sexual assault etc etc .etc.

The buddhist have a teaching called the heart sutra on emptiness. That states, “all phenomena in their own-being are empty.”. It's empty of one's self but full of one-ness. We can consider ourselves intra-beings within that one. So purpose of recognition is not to close the door on the intra-being but to open the door to the one. Being one with the will of the Father is allowing the pouring of the one into our intra-being and pouring of the intra-being into that one.

The danger is the grasping for enlightenment will be seen by the ego as the creation of a richer and more stronger self. It is not something the ego can grasp. It will always fail. We can only surrender our intra-being by having great compassion for all others. Only wanting to attain enlightenment to help others, receiving nothing in return. That teaching is called Bodhicitta.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You speak as if 'ego' is something solid and real.......when really it is just thoughts about someone that doesn't exist.
"Are Thoughts The Source Of Ego?"

Where and when do thoughts appear and disappear?

edit on 1-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join