It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditating Seeking the inner void

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Only Christ Jesus Can fill any void a man may have in him.

All others are liars and all other ways are false.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

"I no longer have an inner void."

I suspect you speak of emptiness within mind. The void I seek is external to mind. The mind being motion, the soul being rest. The doorway to the temple explained in revelation 27 exists in one's soul. If we do not recognize this life as the lake of fire then we will not have the will to seek solutude in the lamb's book of life.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I tend to look at it like it as the final frontier to one personal space, an boy it can get personal.

Other then using a cult classic, or analogies about water I have no other anthromorphic example to provide.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

"Only Christ Jesus Can fill any void a man may have in him.

All others are liars and all other ways are false."

Thank you for your concern. When Jesus spoke he spoke from his soul. So when he says "No one comes to the Father except through me" he is saying that no-one can get to the Father except through ones soul. That which you love in Jesus is embedded in your soul. If we don't exist within the love of our soul we cannot get to the Father.

So all I do is try to enter that gate of my soul.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Beliefs are something in me that ere extinguishing themselves at a fast rate (disheartening me somewhat). Even the belief in emptiness is a belief that needs be dispelled before we can surrending ourself to truth. I do like Eckharte Tolle. A wise soul.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Thanks for that Specimen88, excellent analogy. Fear is definately a showstopper for me at the present time. I am still meditating 1-2 hours a day and getting deeper. Many years back I remember thinking "ok if I die, come what may" and got past that hurdle. So I need get into that same frame of mind.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I do like Eckharte Tolle. A wise soul.

Do you know the story of Eckhart Tolle awakening?

I couldn't live with myself any longer. And in this a question arose without an answer: who is the ‘I' that cannot live with the self? What is the self? I felt drawn into a void! I didn't know at the time that what really happened was the mind-made self, with its heaviness, its problems, that lives between the unsatisfying past and the fearful future, collapsed. It dissolved. The next morning I woke up and everything was so peaceful. The peace was there because there was no self. Just a sense of presence or "beingness," just observing and watching.

Eckhart Tolle - Wikipedia
en.m.wikipedia.org...

He was not seeking enlightenment but it happened.......and he did not know what it was

edit on 2-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Thanks Itisnowagain. I do remember reading about his awakening some time back. I have his ebook "power of now" that I re-read every now and then to reset my compass. I love the simplicity of his teachings. I have also read in other sources (think kriya meditation) that meditation also reduces the idle of the brain. Allowing more subtle messages to reach conciousness. So both methods seem to compliment one another.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I first heard Eckhart's story after I told someone about what happened to me 14 years previous.......for those 14 years I had no name or clue what had occurred. I rushed out and bought the book 'The Power of Now' after they told me that he wrote a book.
edit on 2-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I am happy you found his book. Many people have increased activity of chakra's on rebirth but end up taking drugs all their life because west is clueless about these processes. Daniel Schmidt of Awaken the World films also had experiences as a child that his parents were concerned was schizophrenia...

Its said in Sutta Pitaka of Pali that there are four stages of enlightenment. The first stage is one that has entered the waters. Desire and rituals no longer attract them. It is said they are 7 rebirths away from Nirvana here.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Fear is a mood killer, but also the great motivator if one can learn to harness it properly without being blinded by pride. Its ok to be afraid, just not consumed or hesitant by it.

Yea Star Wars is great in that respect, Trek had something similar where Enterprise goes to the fringes of space an time, where thought becomes a reality. That said, those whom fear the might dark, never seen the might of the light.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Absolutely love that saying, thanks Specimen88

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
"Dr. David Hawkins: 99% of your Mind is Silent!"
Just 1.51 long.
edit on 3-3-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Beliefs are something in me that ere extinguishing themselves at a fast rate (disheartening me somewhat). Even the belief in emptiness is a belief that needs be dispelled before we can surrending ourself to truth.

You cannot surrender to truth.
There is nothing in you.

You are a story......there is only what is happening........no thing separate.

"Does meditation get you to awakening?"

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

There is nothing in you.

Your constructs are food for ones mind. But can you experience the absolute stillness with mind? If they are distinct from one another then why bother with constructs...... neti neti.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There is just what is appearing.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

There is nothing in you.

Your constructs are food for ones mind. But can you experience the absolute stillness with mind? If they are distinct from one another then why bother with constructs...... neti neti.

Mind is not a thing.
Mind is just thoughts appearing.......words and stories about things that don't actually exist.

Can seeing occur without commentary/narration?

Indeed it can.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Mind is not a thing.

Yet to know if its a thing or not, one must think, yes. Do you believe the mind can know God? In the Avadhuta Gita is the saying Neti Neti (not that, not that). If the mind and all its knowing is incapable of comprehending God. Then any knowledge of God is a delusion. So why feed the minds delusions?

The mind is very good at comprehending dualities. So let the mind do its job in the universe of dualities whilst we open our other eye to that which is not a duality. Witnessing the non-duality without beliefs.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What can witness nonduality?

Not two (nonduality) means there isn't any thing that can witness.

There is only what appears to be happening.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   

If it is the void I'm after, I tend to find that small blackhole somewhere in my field of view, then I just zoom in until it fills the whole field of view. Very peaceful space thoughts can't flow, emotions are on hold, almost no stimuli at all, in short, Pretty annoying place.

The dying part is always scary but you'll get used to it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join