It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU declares males and females biologically and physiologically identical

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

How could I be so stupid?!

Now when a couple says, "We're pregnant", they really might both be pregnant!

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: bastion
I get what you're saying. But... jokes aside.

Maybe they should rewrite the medical books before forcing this indoctrination on everyone?

Secreting the same chemical and performing the same bodily function are two different things. It's like bending one piece of straw to make it the same length as another and saying they're the same.

True - it was just reminded me of an interesting article on female ejaculation i read years ago.

In all seriousness I can't understand why they didn't adopt the international olympic comittee standard of the testosterone limit in women having to be below 5 nanomole per litre. There's also controls on Mosaicism (having three sex chromosomes, so a female can still be XY but have no testosterone). Pretty certain trans is banned as testosterone and core build are the reasons genders are seperated in olympic sports.

There was the case of South African runner Caster Semenya who has hyper anderogenism (biologically female but naturally produces far more testosterone) she was stripped of her medals after testing but is undergoing hormone therapy to reduce the levels. She was born with it, it's not her choice or fault and she wasn't aware of it or trying to cheat the system - just certain upper limits need to be used otherwise there's no point having gender classes in sport.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The problem with that is that a recent scientific study discovered that even when trans hold themselves below the Olympic standard for testosterone for an entire year, they still possess significant and unfair advantages in physicality, enough to give them a 10 to 12% advantage in straight up sports like running and swimming, and it gets even more pronounced in sports like tennis.

So whatever the standard would need to be, one year isn't enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The problem with that is that a recent scientific study discovered that even when trans hold themselves below the Olympic standard for testosterone for an entire year, they still possess significant and unfair advantages in physicality, enough to give them a 10 to 12% advantage in straight up sports like running and swimming, and it gets even more pronounced in sports like tennis.

Good point.

Consider also that excess Estrogen is generally considered not very beneficial for athletic training. I say generally because I'm starting to read all of these wonderful "studies" from > 2010 about "the amazing muscle building properties of Estrogen!" LOFL More "science" from our Ministry of Truth. Estrogen is one of the worst enemies of body builders, for its propensity to stimulate water retention and fatty tissue growth. Body builders often supplement their doping regimens with substances to counteract the process of aromtization, where excess male hormones are converted by the body into estrogen analogues (e.g. estrodial). This process can lead to gynecomastia, where men begin growing boobies. That's always helpful to 100m sprints, no?

So my point is, if you're a male pretending to be female, you will naturally generate less estrogen than your "peers", meaning you will naturally hold less water, and the nutrition you eat (protein) will naturally skew towards protein synthesis/increased musculature than your peers.

Human chemistry is very complex, especially the relationship of sex hormones,. There are a number of different analogs of testosterone and estrogen in the body, and body can metabolize testosterone into estrogen. The post above yours by bastion touches on the genetic aspects of testing, chromosomes, etc. Testing for male hormone only is simply not good enough to discover competitors that, truth be told, are not really female in the sense of a "Platonic ideal". Nothing against such individuals, their conditions are not through any fault of their own, but as someone else mentioned, they maybe belong in a 3rd category of their own (I thought we're supposed to acknowledge the reality of pan-generism?) and not competing against female athletes.

So it doesn't surprise me at all that a sports governing body, particularly ones that don't have resources/expertise to detect all the nuances of doping and genetic anomalies, would try something like measuring female's base hormone levels, call it a day, and then wonder why trans "atheletes" are still crushing their biologically female competitors.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Trust me; I know all about the fluctuations of female hormones and water retention. Talk to me at certain weeks of the month and various body parts have blown up like mini-balloons with it. Last month, my feet and ankles were particularly bad. Some months, it's my hands and wrists and I get carpally. Others, it will be all in my belly.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So who wants their daughter to step in the ring with this "girl"?

Former WWE Superstar comes out as transgender...

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I will be schedulingy pap smear immediately, I've gone too long without proper care of my woman parts, I will also inform my wife she needs to get her prostate checked immediately. Any denial of service will result in a law suit, how dare they tell me I don't have any pap to smear...

So why are the left so excited about come LA again? Just another Indian woman, I mean person?

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Indeed but as I said trans people aren't allowed to compete in the Olympics or professional track and field; the cases I highlighted are altheletes who were born women but have slightly elevated testosterone than the average woman - it's still only a tenth or so of male testosterone levels and 50th of allowed male testosterone levels but it made her seven to eight seconds quicker due to muscle and bone density etc...as she only had double the testosterone than the average female, the effect could be reversed in her. It can't be in trans as male to female for the reasons you say.

The ACLU decision goes against Olympic and Athletic regulation - gender, hormone, testosterone etc.. tests have been standard practice in Athletics since the 50s. There are stringent monitored levels in such sports as restricted sports by their definition are discriminatory and required to maintain standards and fairness in the events.

edit on 5-2-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Women actually get prostate cancer. Its rare yes...but apparently its not only "men transitioning" that get it on the female side

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

Just like men can get breast cancer, but it's an anomaly and not the norm just like women with prostate cancer.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Hardly seems fair to the actual women athletes

In some cases it won't be fair to the actual male athletes

But since most those types are bleeding heart yuppies, I'm sort of glad they will experience this sort of unbalanced competition

Hang em out to dry

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just want to add.. this transaction stuff is the best and most made up nonsense I've ever heard

Well, next to democracy maybe

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I was wondering, does this mean the ACLU will no longer file any kind of gender discrimination suit? You cant discriminate against your own gender, so...

I mean, no glass ceiling for women. No pay gap between genders. You know, I'm starting to like this...
edit on 5-2-2021 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Behind the scenes the Democrats keep using the word reset. the great reset.
They want to change everything.

These are completely politically correct, liberal. pretentious people

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Impossible given the equal split of folks diametrically opposed to their agenda, opinions, beliefs etc

I share no common goal with a crat

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Identical...???

Not in my experiences...

They are as different as can be. ...and I, for one, celebrate that difference.

Psuedo-science, bought and paid for by people who've an agenda--an agenda that I quite honestly don't understand, nor equally honestly, don't want to.

If a male thinks he's female--good for him. If he thinks that I'm going to support his notions of "competition" in the sports arena--well, he's off the mark by a fair margin.

It's unfair. It's insulting to women who've, in many cases, devoted much of their lives to being as good as they can be.

An NBA player, or wanna be, I suppose, can not be allowed to enter into the WNBA to compete--even against the best of the women...he would have a collosally unfair advantage.

Much like back in the day when Anne Myers, who was an incredible player, tried and failed dismally, to make the NBA Milwaukee Bucks--this hypothetical NBA wanna be would have the same advantage those male Milwaukee player had over Myers.

The same? Not even remotely. Instead of trying to make us all the same, irregardless of the scenario, how about instead, we celebrate our differences--sameness is boring.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

How true

I should start demanding fat old men be allowed into W/NBA

Nevermind I'd get stomped on no matter what one it was....

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I blame every dam General and Admiral for letting this crap happen. Good god you do nothing morons, actually read the Constitution, stand up and do your duty for the love of our nation.

If they want to play war that bad then have at it, go slaughter the Communist that are running our nation into the ground faster than an pilot who just took a handful of Xanax while flying an SR-71 at 10 thousand feet while going Mach 2.5 towards NY at rush hour.

I heard last night the Sec Def ordered a stand down of all our military for 60 days so they could look for extremist. Yep, they are going to gut our military if they do not swear loyalty to the brain dead phedo commie.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Bloodworth

Impossible given the equal split of folks diametrically opposed to their agenda, opinions, beliefs etc

I share no common goal with a crat

Yes equally split but who controls
The media
Silicon valley
Hollyweird
College academia
The FBI
Packed the courts

Incredibly powerful,.tons of money. Influence and control among these industries.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
we all know this is stupid.
we should be looking at who is pushing this and why.
these people are not the dumb sjw's on twitter.
they have money, power and influence and a hatred of western ideals and white christians.

do i need to tell you who's behind this?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join