It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton interviewed on Joe Rogan Experience

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Travis Walton was a guest at the Joe Rogan Experience today! They talked for around two hours. If you aren't familiar with the case, here is a great thread on it.

You can watch the full episode on Spotify, here's the link to the episode (spotify URL)

Or here's a few outtakes uploaded to YouTube:

Haven't gotten the chance to watch it myself yet, but looking forward to it!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Droogie
For the debunkers, skeptics, naysayers, disinformation agents on ATS, Travis Walton was absolutely, 100% correct in his assessment about what took place.

I challenge the aforementioned to refute his testimony. Lots of anti-Lazar, Rendleshem hoax, Roswell Mogul critics on ATS. What do you have to say about Walton?

The problem with the aforementioned on ATS is they are neither in the national security agencies or contractors working on SAPs. If they themselves had a CE3 or 4 they would probably deny it or chalk it up to advanced US military. Having worked on some "non-human" components myself, I get all the more worked up as I enter later age. First, because the Cold War ape mind created this truth embargo and second because there are many lets say, forces, that want the aforementioned to keep doing their thing. I want to hear the usual suspects debunk this guy. I'll grab my beer....

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Nice! Gonna watch this now!

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: play4keeps
For the debunkers, skeptics, naysayers, disinformation agents on ATS, Travis Walton was absolutely, 100% correct in his assessment about what took place.

I challenge the aforementioned to refute his testimony. Lots of anti-Lazar, Rendleshem hoax, Roswell Mogul critics on ATS. What do you have to say about Walton?

The problem with the aforementioned on ATS is they are neither in the national security agencies or contractors working on SAPs. If they themselves had a CE3 or 4 they would probably deny it or chalk it up to advanced US military. Having worked on some "non-human" components myself, I get all the more worked up as I enter later age. First, because the Cold War ape mind created this truth embargo and second because there are many lets say, forces, that want the aforementioned to keep doing their thing. I want to hear the usual suspects debunk this guy. I'll grab my beer....

I agree, of all the cases I have heard through the years, his always struck me as true.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Look forward to this one.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Just not the same without Eddie Bravo on the show for topics like this or when Alex Jones is on.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

I don't have any problem with Mr Walton and his testimony or recollections of the events that he believed he experienced. I remember watching Fire in the Sky (I think that is what it's called) when I was much, much younger and finding the whole thing utterly compelling. I don't believe it was aliens, or rather I feel that the likelihood is incredibly remote that it was aliens, but something incredibly profound and traumatic to Mr Walton occurred. Throughout the interview with Rogan Walton's body language confirms that this was something that physically and emotionally happened to him, only when he is talking about other people's experience of the same events does he show signs of constructing a narrative.

It is perfectly possible to accept Mr Walton's version of events whilst also accepting that his perception of those events may be, in some way, distorted by whatever trauma it was that he experienced in the period that he was missing.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

good for you finding something to believe in! It’s a shame he can only offer his word. Makes for good bar story’s! Whatchu drinking?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I say listen to the calls made to the National UFO reporting center, some made by friends and family of Travis Walton, who of course supported Travis Walton and started out believing him, but listen to how the later calls get skeptical. That's not me, that's people closest to Travis and the case making those calls, listen and judge for yourself like Kandinsky did:

Bypassing Travis Walton's abduction saga to assess the reality of that 'Fire In The Sky'

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

There are some audio recordings from the week of the incident that few people know about. You'll enjoy hearing them. The guys who were with Walton made several calls to NUFORC as well as dealing with the sheriffs. To modern senses this will seem absurd, but back then NUFORC was fielding 1000s of calls a year and had somewhat of a public presence.

One of the calls did more to make me doubt the whole thing than anything else I've read or heard. I won't say which one so you can judge for yourself and, to be fair, it might sound different to me all these years later. There's also the sterling fact that we shouldn't judge how people react to experience and everyone's different. Here we go:

"Travis Walton Abduction in the Apache-Sitgreaves National
Forest, AZ. November 6, 1975.
51-58 are the earliest calls recorded dealing with the Walton Incident.

051:11.08.1975 Taylor AZ mp3 link
Notification of the abduction by a friend of Travis Walton's brother. 07:00

052: 11.08.1975 mp3 link
Jerry Phillips reports to Gribble about his conversation with
the Taylor, AZ Town Marshall regarding the abduction. 04:00

053: 11.09.1975 Snowflake, AZ mp3 link
Ralph Anderson, Travis Walton's brother at 11:21 AM 12:15

054: 11.09.1975 mp3 link
Jerry Phillips and Robert Gribble discuss the investigations
progress at 6:00 PM 09:06

055: 11.11.1975 mp3 link
Jerry Phillips and Robert Gribble discuss investigation progress
at 10:15 AM. 02:45

056: 11.11.1975 Snowflake, AZ mp3 link
Ralph Anderson at 5:44 PM. 09:19

057: 11.13.1975 Snowflake, AZ mp3 link
Ralph Anderson at 8:15 PM. 08:13

058: 11.15.1975 Taylor, AZ mp3 link
Friend of Travis Walton's brother at 12:47 PM. "

National UFO Reporting Center Hotline Recordings (1974-79)

One of the pro-UFO organizations that investigated the Walton case was "Ground Saucer Watch" GSW, who sent an investigator to visit the Waltons and get the story direct. One of the calls mentions that Dr. Spaulding from GSW said it's fraud, but that's not the most concerning report, which came from someone close to the Walton family.

There's also a link listing the findings of GSW:
Skeptical Information on the Travis Walton "UFO Abduction" Story

"Ground Saucer Watch," a pro-UFO organization, was the very first UFO organization on the scene of the Walton "abduction". In cooperation with Dr. J. Allen Hynek of CUFOS, Dr. Lester Stewart of GSW began to interview the Walton family while Travis was still "missing." They immediately smelled a hoax. These are their conclusions, without any changes -
1. Walton never boarded the UFO. This fact is supported by the six witnesses and the polygraph test results. [3]

2. The entire Walton family has had a continual UFO history. The Walton boys have reported observing 10 to 15 separate UFO sightings (very high).

3. When Duane was questioned about his brother's disappearance, he stated that "Travis will be found, that UFO's are friendly." GSW countered, "How do you know Travis will be found?" Duane said "I have a feeling, a strong feeling." GSW asked "If the UFO 'captors' are going to return Travis, will you have a camera to record this great occurrence?" Duane, "No, if I have a camera 'they' will not return."

4. The Walton's mother showed no outward emotion over the 'loss' of Travis. She said that UFO's will not harm her son, he will be returned and that UFO's have been seen by her family many times.

5. The Walton's refused any outside scientific help or anyone who logically doubted the abduction portion of the story.

6. The media and GSW was fair to the witnesses. However, when the story started to 'fall apart' the Waltons would only talk to people who did not doubt the abduction story.

7. APRO became involved and criticized both GSW and Dr. Hynek for taking a negative position on the encounter.

8. The Waltons 'sold' their story to the National Enquirer and the story was completely twisted from the truth.
A photo of the nice little payoff he got for his story:

Another big "payoff" he got was a way to avoid big problems with his contract as explained in the link, "By making Turkey Springs the site of an alien abduction, [he] could claim his men were too afraid to return and continue working -- providing an "act of God" that could result in contract termination with no penalty and full payment..."

So Travis Walton gained a lot more financially than just that check, he got a lot of financial relief on his contract. I think most of that crew was not part of any deception, probably just Walton and the driver, which why would he drive away and abandon Travis Walton like that? Unless he was in on it with Travis Walton.

edit on 2021120 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There's nothing believable at all to me about his story. His body language is highly suspect as well. I call BS on this guy.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

my two favourites travis walton , and betty and barney hill

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

$2500 , whats that a years rent if that ?

not very much is it

certainly not enough to justify calling a hoax and potentially have everyone you know alienate you or leave you out of the circle for being "that guy"

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The entire story is in question which is why it's still going on 45 years later. It's been laid out for years. If he was telling us a fact, there would be no need to discuss him and everyone would know it's real. It's that simple. You have some that still stomp their feet because you don't believe him. Funny defensive behavoir. Even in 45 years, we still have no convincing evidence outside of Walton's story which might strengthen the possibility of his own tale. Lots of stories but no real evidence of abductions.

Joe Rogan was right with his comments during that show:

Anytime there's a fantastic subject whether it's UFOs or physics or bigfoot yet you find these people that just wanna believe. You know and it's very disheartening there's something about that like it's hard to separate truth from fantasy with a lot of these folks.
It's an aspect of human nature for people to want to tell stories that make them unique without having to actually having them done anything special in their life, they want to be special. Some people tell stories that make them out to be very special because they've been chosen to have this unique experience with an extraterrestrial..... it satisfies these delusion of granduer.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So to participate in this conversation in any meaningful way, according to your good self you cannot be a:

* Debunker
* Skeptic
* Naysayer
* Disinformation Agent

BUT to be able to participate you MUST be:

* A total 100% believer in Travis Waltons assessment of his experience
* Employed within the US National Security Apparatus
* Have had a Close Encounter (that wasn't military)

I have to hand it to you, I mean I can see how such restrictions would lead to such informal and collaborative discussion lol.

I can see that you would be in a good position to educate the analytical among us here on ATS that you know, require more than just a story - especially after you stating that you have "worked on non-human components" - it would seem you are probably best qualified. You also like stating in multiple posts on ATS "do you work on SAPS?" as to infer some secret knowledge you hold, well....Mr Play 4 Green Keeps

The floor is yours...

Ah, that reminds me, these socks aren't mine, I need to go change, BRB.
edit on p511035212400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Idunno....alot of stuff has happened that is unheard of in that region.

I myself have a "Life" story full of alien encounters, balls of light, triangle ships, supernatural events as well as MIB's, A.F. personnel...and meeting myself from the future...

I was born in that region...in a town near the foothills of Mingus Mountain called Cottonwood...

I've never been able to get the entire story out...mostly fear I guess. Fear of being silenced...disappeared.

It's too bad...it would make a hell of a book...and Movie!

Ofc they would have to present it as fiction...no one would ever believe the entirety of what I've seen and learned from it all... Plus it would be a great loss to History...

I'm just a poor disabled Gas Station Clerk these days...posting snippets in my replies, over the years, of some of the events that have happened to me... You see I have a weird writers block that thwarts my attempts to write my own book, yet doesn't seem to block me from describing some of it here on ATS.

One of the time travel folks from the 40's told me back in '98 that a lot of people in the future would take notice of some of the things i have written in these replies... So...at least there is that!

A couple reply posts have been removed, it would seem, from this forum tho... In particular was a description of two MIB's in a black and chrome firebird, driving from right to left on the screen, that was filmed by a couple of guys from the 40's who had an old 35mm camera on wooden tripod filming the event.

After describing the event in a reply post, someone found the footage, to which I replied that "that's it".

That post has since disappeared...along with the film footage...

So...knowing that I am always "watched"....kind of has the effect of putting my thoughts about going any further with the info, on the back burner, where it has been for years now...

I hope some day, with a little help...I'll be able to recount the story of "The Inca Moon" in full...for posterity.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Double happiness. Joe and Travis together. I read Walton's book. What's interesting is Walton describes the ET's as very human-looking yet the movie depicts them much differently.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Arbitrageur

$2500 , whats that a years rent if that ?

not very much is it

certainly not enough to justify calling a hoax and potentially have everyone you know alienate you or leave you out of the circle for being "that guy"
I went out of my way to say this in the same post, are you ignoring this because of your bias, or is it just a reading comprehension issue?

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
So Travis Walton gained a lot more financially than just that check, he got a lot of financial relief on his contract.

That contract was for about $31,000, which he was not going to get paid before the "abduction" because he didn't complete the work and even his extension was about to expire, but his story allowed him to claim "act of god" and get paid.

Regarding the others around him, I don't think he was worried about his flying saucer believer family, and his crew looks pretty happy holding those checks they got from the experience, though they probably didn't like being considered murder suspects for a short time while Travis was missing, but that was very short since the sheriff quickly realized the crew didn't kill Walton who of course showed up days later.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Looking forward to the whole interview being released on youtube. A few things I noticed in the 3 videos:

His body language talking about his abduction reminded me of these youtuber lie detector debunkers who look for signs of making up a story by which way you're looking, amongst other signals. He was always looking to his left. I believe that means he was making it up. People tend to look up or down remembering actual events they experienced first hand. Anyways I'd like to hear an analysis on that.

Second was that other people had also seen the craft, hunters and fisherman, I didn't know that before, pretty cool! He also said his friends in the truck had noted which direction the craft flew off to and that wasn't in the movie, they drove off. I know the movie is slightly different than his actual encounter, but I didn't know they watched it fly off? So that means they saw him disappear into the craft?

Lastly I didn't know he had other experiences, smart of him to keep quiet on that all these years because it doesn't help his case unfortunately. I did like his theories on extra terrestrials.
edit on 20-1-2021 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
He couldn't look Joe Rogan in the eye. That alone was weird behavoir. Blind believers thrive on the Walton lie detector. Lie detectors have been shown to be unreliable, they can be beaten. Gary Ridgway killed 42 women before his test. He passed it and went on to kill 6 more.

Walton tried to win $100,000 on a game show that gave him a lie detector test
HERE
He was asked the final question if he was abducted by a UFO in 1975, he said yes and the lie detector test said he was lying.
You can see the reaction by his wife is genuine. She holds her mouth open in shock. To me, Walton's goofy 'no way no way!' reaction was more telling.

Walton didn't have the abduction and then went silent. He's traveled the country on the UFO lecture circuit for decades. Conferences, books, tv, movies. I'm not saying that makes him a liar, but this ridiculous idea, as with Bob Lazar, that he hasn't tried to capitalize on his abduction and therefore can't be lying is wrong.

1975 Walton:

They looked almost human

2000s Walton:

And as soon as I saw this face, and knew it wasn’t human

His description moves along with the lore. Today they have large eyes, in his interview in 1975 nothing about their eyes.

I think his story is about as real as the color of his hair, eyebrows, and mustache.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I admit that I've found his story believable in the past, but something didn't sit right with me in this interview. I've mostly heard him on C2C so finally being able to look at him relay his story in long form put another light on the matter.

Also, giving out s signed poster didn't feel appropriate at all. And yes, relying on those polygraphs as the main evidence doesn't really hold water as is mentioned. Are they even used in a court of law anymore?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join