It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Side Sleepers United

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

You want the truth? I actually do have a My Pillow, and I like it. I picked it up cheap and figured I'd give it a shot. It doesn't compress down like other pillows do.

My husband doesn't like the one we got for him.

So mixed results.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I always used to sleep on my back, but since having sleep apnoea I have to sleep on my sides. If your arms are going numb that is through lack of blood flow down your arms, try not to lie with your arms tight to your body.
As an aside have any of you seen the trick where a magician stops his pulse, a nurse reads his pulse then the magician stops his pulse. That is done by what I said above. The magician secretes a ping pong ball in his armpit, when he wants to stop his pulse (which is his blood flow) he moves his arm tighter to his body till it compresses the veins pressure point.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a pillow I can't try out but looking at the pics of the one I linked I figured at 37 bucks, I'll try it. Last night is still lingering with me and I can't stand what's going on. Gotta try something different. Why the hell this is happening to me now is a mystery.

I truly am at a loss. It's not numbness, it's nearly useless upper arm muscles because of the pain. I can feel the effects and I fear it's not going to get better unless I do something a wee bit drastic. The pain is mostly reserved for when I get up, that's when my arm is at it's most useless, but there are times when simply reaching for something is painful. That's how my friend spotted it.

I can't seem to not do this while I'm asleep so a special pillow that will force me to conform to it seems to be the way to go. I can get in there, put my arm out all I want so it looks like it.

Still I wonder why now. This doesn't seem to be a blood flow issue and I've been sleeping like this for most of my life. It's like it's retarding my muscles. They are not hurting me right now but they also do NOT feel right. Aching would be a good word for what I'm feeling and with the left arm it's more than just a little bit of aching.

Why does sleeping, one of the supposedly easiest things we'll ever have to do in our lives, have to be so hard? I haven't even gotten into he other problems I have sleeping and won't here for now because this one is causing me pain and this will not do. I can't live with useless arms. I need to be able to simply pick up objects without doing some serious cringing.

The pillow arrives in a week. That looks so far away. This has really gotten me down. I just want it fixed.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ARRIVAL!

I'm giddy. Today my arm has been hurting me more than ever since this began a month or two ago. Gonna take a nap here in a few just to try it our but it feels fantastic from the few seconds I was playing with it.

This has just got to stop. I can't deal with this even if it is minor pain. It's becoming pain all the time and if it can be fixed with tools, I'm going to do it. I think if I did go to a doc for this they would laugh at me and tell me to get a pillow like I just bought.

27 bucks, BTW. That ain't bad if it's a loss and doesn't do what I need. I wonder if the head sweats I've been experiencing for a year or two now may be related to this. Most likely not but who knows. Breaking out in head sweats when completely prone and with a fan on my head doesn't really compute. I'm sitting up and have a bit of head sweat so I don't know how much of this may or may not be related to my sleep problems.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ARRIVAL!

I'm giddy. Today my arm has been hurting me more than ever since this began a month or two ago. Gonna take a nap here in a few just to try it our but it feels fantastic from the few seconds I was playing with it.

This has just got to stop. I can't deal with this even if it is minor pain. It's becoming pain all the time and if it can be fixed with tools, I'm going to do it. I think if I did go to a doc for this they would laugh at me and tell me to get a pillow like I just bought.

27 bucks, BTW. That ain't bad if it's a loss and doesn't do what I need. I wonder if the head sweats I've been experiencing for a year or two now may be related to this. Most likely not but who knows. Breaking out in head sweats when completely prone and with a fan on my head doesn't really compute. I'm sitting up and have a bit of head sweat so I don't know how much of this may or may not be related to my sleep problems.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This by far is the best pillow:

Buckwheat Pillow | Organic Buckwheat | Razzmatazz
www.razzmatazz.co.uk...

I bought one about 2 years ago and when I told my Chiropractor about buckwheat pillows he went straight online and bought one too.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That may be a nice pillow and all but I don't see how that can help me with my problem. The one I bought is a little too high and puts my head and neck in a bad position and doesn't even seem to help with my arm problem. Might have made it worse. I'll try and play with it and see if I can find a way to make it work but after a little nap and then trying to sleep with it last night I ditched it and went with my old pillow.

posted on Jan, 23 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
The buckwheat pillow is adjustable so you can remove some filling to make it the right height.
I have had both right and left shoulder surgery and the pillow was great for me.....and still is.

You sort of have to make a dent for your head and then it stays there supporting head and neck.

I had bought so pillows before and since getting this one have not bought another since.

Here is an amazon link to the same pillow so you can check out the reviews: www.amazon.co.uk...=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=buckwheat+pillow&qid=1611397162&sprefi x=buckwheat&sr=8-3

edit on 23-1-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I truly don't know what to go with. I don't want to spend a bunch of money trying to get the right pillow. I've already gone through four toilet seats in less than a year due to crappy seats and my stupidity. Can't just keep throwing money around.

I may have solved some of this with my sleeping positions. Today is the first day in a couple of months that I'm pain free. Keeping the left hand down like it's pointing at my feet seems to work, even though it's not as comfy as I'd like to be and for the most part I've been clear on the right arm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join