It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would MLK think of these times

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I really wonder. He probably would think we’ve all gone insane.

If there was one thing MLK was he was a man of peace.
No violence.

I wonder what he would think of politics on both sides. I think he would be disgusted.

People think violence is power, but I think the opposite is true. Non-violence is a lot, and I mean a lot more powerful.
Maybe tptb know this which is why they have stirred up so many things in so many directions. Chaos..

Some on here might not think they have a lot in common with how MLK thought/felt but you might be surprised..

I came to feel that liberalism had been all too sentimental concerning human nature and that it leaned toward a false idealism.

So although liberalism left me unsatisfied on the question of the nature of man, I found no refuge in neo-orthodoxy. I am now convinced that the truth about man is found neither in liberalism nor in neo-orthodoxy. Each represents a partial truth.

kinginstitute.stanford.edu...

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

He's probably happy that he's dead.
Being the smart man that he was he knows a lost cause when he sees it.
His cause has strayed away from seeking freedom to embracing victimhood.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Believing that we should all be judged on the content of our character and not the color of our skin was such a great thought, too bad that didn't work out.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
MLK is probably rolling over in his grave right now.
Obama’s divisive race bating started moving us backwards with race relations .They tried to keep this going throughout the Trump administration but failed, Trump brought in many new black voters and this caused panic within the Democratic Party, that is why they had to enable the voter fraud/vote tampering on the biggest scale they have ever attempted.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The Boondocks did a take on this

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Having lived a past life where I was actively engaged with MLK, through my criticisms, and often slick remarks, etc.. I can say, he would be disgusted. I don't even think he would be living in America.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

You are out of your mind if you think for one second, MLK would have condoned Donald Trumps cult of personality tactics.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
When is comes to race relations what exactly has Trump done or said that MLK would not have approved or been supportive of? a reply to: LastWatcher

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LastWatcher
a reply to: choomsuba

You are out of your mind if you think for one second, MLK would have condoned Donald Trumps cult of personality tactics.

I agree I don’t think he would have like Trump, maybe controversial, but I don’t think he would have liked Obama either.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I disagree his daughter supports trump and still believes in his many teachings.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

I disagree his daughter supports trump and still believes in his many teachings.

Umm No, you might be thinking of his niece but his daughter does not support Trump.
thehill.com...

Martin Luther King Jr.'s daughter criticizes Trump using her father's image in ad

“My father was working for an America with leaders who have answered the call to conscience and compassionate action,” King continued on Twitter. “He said, ‘We need leaders not in love with money but in love with justice. Not in love with publicity but in love with

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Deleted ... out of respect for the good things the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. did.

I don't think he would fit in well with our times though now, on many fronts.
edit on 18-1-2021 by Fowlerstoad because: my first post was slightly disrespectful.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LastWatcher

Having lived a past life where I was actively engaged with MLK, through my criticisms, and often slick remarks, etc.. I can say, he would be disgusted. I don't even think he would be living in America.

Do tell more. You can't just tell us you had a past life like that and not elaborate...

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

He would be aghast of how things progressed.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~MLK

He would be so happy that people of all races are coming together to fight for a good cause...

If there was one thing MLK was he was a man of peace.
No violence.

However he may be appalled by partisan politics and poeple using violance who don't understand what his message was about. Or have the audacity to use Dr. King's words and stature to twist into their own agenda.

Alveda King his niece is an amazing woman, who served as Georgia's House of representatives.

The Far Left and the far right are just ruining his hard work and ultimately his sacrifice of life.

My sister shares His birthday January 15 1929 ( would be 92 ). If it wasn't cowardice by others who silenced him. Granted he would be old but maybe still alive today. I would love to hear what he might say today.

Long live "The King".

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
He would be disgusted by the front page of my local newspaper this morning: Firefighters will be looking to hire more minorities and women. So much for judging ones character instead of their skin color. How thoughtful of an article on MLK Day..

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here's an interesting read on topic:

King's Message of Nonviolence Has Been Distorted

I'm guessing he'd be appalled by the commercialization of oppression politics, nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I'm guessing he'd be appalled by the commercialization of oppression politics, nonetheless.

thank you Loam.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

"I Have a nightmare" would be his public speech and cry of today i imagine.

As there is more slavery and mistreatment of human beings in this day of age that there ever was before in all of recorded history.
edit on 18-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think he'd be rolling over in his grave...

He'd be aghast at the racial grievance and victimization industry that spawned after this death. He'd also be ashamed at so called community leaders cashing in those grievances. Finally, he'd be sick to his stomach at the cultural backwardness of single parenting, materialism, ant-intellectualism, and petty violence that has come to define the black community.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Very interesting read from your link.

“I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizens Councillor or the Ku Klux Klanner but the white moderate who is more devoted to order than to justice;” he wrote, “who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says, ‘I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action.’”

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join