It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amen and awoman

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

The people on the left have clear mental/womental problems.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I’m not a religious man, quite the opposite actually.
I don’t get offended by religion either..
When someone says merry Christmas or bless you I just say thanks and move on with my life.
What I am offended by is utter stupidity.
Honestly I thought that things couldn’t get any weirder ... I was wrong.

The following video is of US rep Emanuel Cleaver democrat from Missouri ending his invocation today.

His prayer ends with him saying amen...totally normal.
Amen is a word from the Hebrew language meaning “so be it” and is the accepted standard to ending a prayer.

Then he says awoman.... da fuk? Seriously?

I am so disappointed giant meteor lost the election.
Maybe he will make a better showing in the mid terms.

ETA.
This man is a pastor so he should be aware of the meaning of amen.
Maybe he’s a pastor like Dr Pepper is a doctor.

Actually, reading into this, it's just clickbait rubbish isn't it?

I take it you knew this before you posted?

He clearly talks about a deity of many faiths known as a man and a woman.

You seriously didn't realise that?

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Lol, I'm just watching this circus from the sidelines.

Riiiight, these idiots WON 🤭

Watch the video, if you are too infantile to do say, he doesn't say or intend to so what the OP has suggested. Hopefully this was an unintended slip by the initial poster.
edit on 5-1-2021 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

The people on the left have clear mental/womental problems.

Some people clearly have hearing problems.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It sure sounds like amen and not a man.

Well the fact that the very last thing you say in a prayer is amen it is pretty obvious he is saying amen and awomen in some virtual signally event. If we suggest he said a man and a woman it doesn't even make sense with the rest of his speech.

I mean come on Biden can't even pronounce Psalm correctly, being the good Catholic he has been for 70+ years...lol geez.
Just tells us all how full of sh!t they all are.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

God is not either man or woman, God is not human in anyway...lol If he was to suggest God was either wouldn't he have said a man or a woman? A man and a woman doesn't even make sense unless he is saying God is both, and I'll need to see the scriptures on that...

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

God is not either man or woman, God is not human in anyway...lol If he was to suggest God was either wouldn't he have said a man or a woman? A man and a woman doesn't even make sense unless he is saying God is both, and I'll need to see the scriptures on that...

Have you listened to the actual audio or as usual are you jumping in with your opinion?

I think the phrase would really read better as 'God is neither a man nor woman', but then several beliefs do have their deity of choice aligned with the gender they see as meeting their own need. Read the King James bible and look for how often God is referred to as He.

It's not hard, is it?

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Have you listened to the actual audio or as usual are you jumping in with your opinion?

I think the phrase would really read better as 'God is neither a man nor woman', but then several beliefs do have their deity of choice aligned with the gender they see as meeting their own need. Read the King James bible and look for how often God is referred to as He.

It's not hard, is it?

I did listen and him saying a man and a woman doesn't make sense as I suggested. “He or she” is the correct pronoun usage for non-gendered antecedents. Man or He has been gendered neutral where "she" typically has not, so whether the bible meets the 2021 approved list of non-gender pronouns or not really isn't suggesting that God is a man, but then God made man in his image, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Please explain how finishing a prayer with, "amen and a woman" (or if you insist "a man and a woman") makes any sense whatsoever. I doesn't - just more (wo)mental gymnastics by the loony left.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It's not hard, is it?

I did listen and him saying a man and a woman doesn't make sense as I suggested. “He or she” is the correct pronoun usage for non-gendered antecedents. Man or He has been gendered neutral where "she" typically has not, so whether the bible meets the 2021 approved list of non-gender pronouns or not really isn't suggesting that God is a man, but then God made man in his image, right?

If you have REALLY listened, then he is referring to some faiths having deities which represent both genders. It doesn't really matter what you suggest, it's a fact. Anything more than that is just a frankly whiny rant.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Please explain how finishing a prayer with, "amen and a woman" (or if you insist "a man and a woman") makes any sense whatsoever. I doesn't - just more (wo)mental gymnastics by the loony left.

If you listened you would hear that is not what was said. You have been pulled in by clickbait.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If you have REALLY listened, then he is referring to some faiths having deities which represent both genders. It doesn't really matter what you suggest, it's a fact. Anything more than that is just a frankly whiny rant.

I posted my perspective of what I heard and in what context something else seem strange to me if he said what some people are suggesting. I was being neither whiny or ranting...lol

I will accept your "fact" if you can post the Pastor replying he said xyz...

edit on 5-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

He was following standard prayer format right up until he went off-script with the all inclusive stuff and straight into amen and awoman. You don't attend church obviously.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
And the rest of the story... So it seems he did say amen and awoman....

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — U.S. Rep. Emanuel Cleaver said he was caught off guard by the negative response after he ended his opening prayer on the first day of the new Congress by saying, “Amen and A-woman.”

Cleaver, a United Methodist minister and former mayor of Kansas City, Missouri, is in his ninth term in Congress. He told the Kansas City Star his “A-woman” reference on Sunday was intended to recognize the record number of women serving in the new Congress.

But it spurred a torrent of criticism from conservatives who accused Cleaver of misunderstanding the meaning of “amen,” a Hebrew word that means “so be it.”

Republican U.S. Rep. Guy Reschenthaler of Pennsylvania incorrectly stated on Twitter that “Amen” has Latin origins, but added, “It’s not a gendered word. Unfortunately, facts are irrelevant to progressives. Unbelievable.”

Cleaver said it was a pun intended as a tribute to his female colleagues and to Rear Adm. Margaret Grun Kibben, the new House chaplain and first woman to hold the role.

edit on 5-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And it seems it was a joke. Which you aren't allowed to do any more. Maybe he should have had someone do a rimshot as he said it?

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

you do know that there are people who are naturally born as both right? called hermaphrodite

Yes, this is a medical anomaly and not normal. Less than 1% of births are intersex. I fail to see the relevance of this fact!

So the devil is a angel who was cast out.

No. That is the new testament rewriting of the concept. If you want real answers then according to the Torah this angel was not cast out or rebelled, the angel serves god and his job is to basically test humans.

angels apparently are also multi gendered then correct if we are going off literally here.

This is a bit complex to understand without knowledge in Torah, Lets just stick to the topic in that Satan worship holds that human will is all that matters and the physical world (materialism) is to be sought after above all else and by emulating the original form of Adam (male and female in one body) they can sort of emulate the conditions of the garden of eden before sin among other things that are to be emulated e.g everlasting life, telepathy, astral travel etc etc.

The fact is that multigender is a central tenet in their philosophy, the true elites in this religion raise their boys as girls and their girls as boys to honor this core tenet.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It's not hard, is it?

Jig's up. We just listened to Cleaver try to explain himself in an interview. His explanation had nothing at all to do with a gender neutral deity that was both man and woman. He was busy deflecting and trying to say he had more serious things to discuss than how he ended a prayer after some lame explanation about all the fantastic women in the House on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

And it seems it was a joke. Which you aren't allowed to do any more. Maybe he should have had someone do a rimshot as he said it?

There are times I think joking is OK and times it is not. Maybe during a prayer it isn't so good.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
"Ah-men" or "Amun" is an invocation of the powerful Egyptian God Amun Ra, the only real and true god in existence. All other puny, so-called "gods" bend like the reeds of the Nile before the mighty and magnificent Ra, bringer of light and life to Earth.

Hope this helps!
edit on 5-1-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Aw shoot, i better stop buying that candy mentos now, i might offend the wrong people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join