It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amen and awoman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Wow. I'd say this say more about his [lack of] understanding of gender issues than his knowledge of religion, which is clearly also called into question. I remember asking my Mum around age 4 why it was Amen and not Awomen, so at 4 I was more knowledgable than this eejit.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Not in the religion of wokeism, and I think if I were in the House, I'd still call my husband my husband and my son my son and say it was because they'd be offended if I did not because they are proud of their gender and the terms that go with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

No. I'm betting he knows and just doesn't care when it comes to religion. Rev. Cleaver is a politician first and clergy second.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I saw this as a meme this morning and laughed, thinking it was just something fake.

I’m still laughing now, but only because the reality is so much more f*cked than when I thought it was a meme.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I'm just... speechless. When I saw the thread title, I thought this thread has missed the joke section by accident and went into politics.

But here we have it, things like these happen. In fact I can feel the wave of facepalms rippling over the planet.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

What kind of insecure snowflake gets upset about something like this?

One fruitloop saying one stupid thing gets magnified and lots of people get very upset and angry: because of one fruitloop saying one stupid thing.

Man up and move on.

Can I use that in most of the Trump threads?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I’m not a religious man, quite the opposite actually.
I don’t get offended by religion either..
When someone says merry Christmas or bless you I just say thanks and move on with my life.
What I am offended by is utter stupidity.
Honestly I thought that things couldn’t get any weirder ... I was wrong.

The following video is of US rep Emanuel Cleaver democrat from Missouri ending his invocation today.

His prayer ends with him saying amen...totally normal.
Amen is a word from the Hebrew language meaning “so be it” and is the accepted standard to ending a prayer.

Then he says awoman.... da fuk? Seriously?

I am so disappointed giant meteor lost the election.
Maybe he will make a better showing in the mid terms.

ETA.
This man is a pastor so he should be aware of the meaning of amen.
Maybe he’s a pastor like Dr Pepper is a doctor.
There tactic of trying to use language to control people is getting reallllllllllly tired. Kids haven’t experienced enough to know but many of the confused youth of today will find their politics shifting as they see this old game over and over and over.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

It's the only game they have, free stuff and be offended is all they have.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

That is what I heard also.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, because I was having trouble making out what he was saying. I played that darn clip at least six times trying make out the name of the monotheistic god that he was referring to.

That garnered my attention, more than the "a woman" comment at the end.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

What kind of insecure snowflake gets upset about something like this?

One fruitloop saying one stupid thing gets magnified and lots of people get very upset and angry: because of one fruitloop saying one stupid thing.

Man up and move on.

Can I use that in most of the Trump threads?

Can you imagine the reaction to telling people on the left to "man up"?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I keep feeling like I am missing something here.

I will have to find the rest of what he had to say, because this snippet by itself makes no sense to me.

Why are they acting on the name of a monotheistic god, Brahman, who is indeed considered to be a man and a woman?

For me this would open a whole can of worms, because there is a whole cosmic play on how Brahman starts as a "golden germ" or egg, and continues to reproduce himself.

Maybe it is just me, but as it stands, there is something more off about this clip then the "a woman", comment at the end.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There is no limit to the depths of crazy wokeness that these maladjusted imbeciles will plummet.

It matters not that the "men" in AMEN has absolutley nothing to do with the word "men" used to describe a group of adult male humans.

The mere juxtaposition of letters is now enough to send people into a frenzy.

As human civilization spirals into the abyss-lets concentrate on what really matters-We must never ever offend people by saying words which may sound like they are offensive to any neurotic sensitive types!

Full Retardness has been acheived!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

I dont think he was saying 'amen'

He was literally saying 'a man and a woman' referring to this 'god' he was on about. The Torah explains that satan worshipers view satan as multi gendered (a man and a woman in one), which is the reason transgenderism etc has been pushed by those in power, those same worshipers!

LOL You end a Prayer with amen...come on now!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The idiot Democrat is even an ordained minister who went to seminary.

He knows good and well that Amen is not gendered and does not refer to "a man". It is a word in and of itself with no gender.

The idiots following Pelosi also want to get rid of mother, father, son and daughter in the halls of congress - and beyond.

They have gone to far with this PC stuff.

They have entered the fantasy world of total and complete idiocy.

I have been using the word "uterus owner" in place of mother of many occasions and have had liberals go ballistic, until I tell them that THEY insist men can have babies (i.e. Transgender which one must NEVER call a mother or woman). Well looks like my little jab may become law and PC word salad soon.

The Democrats have truly become world class "1984" (the book for those of you who did not get a real education) idiot heavy handed rulers in the PC world.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

I agree that "Amen" is a common end to a Christian prayer.

That is why I say something is missing, or I just don't have enough information to make sense of this snippet, because it does not sound like a Christian prayer.

edit on 4-1-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Then he says awoman.... da fuk? Seriously?

His lack of knowledge shines brightly.
Amen.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

If they are using Brahman as the deity of choice, then why not have the proper type of priest instead of using a supposedly Christian one? One would think that this would be a form of improper cultural appropriation even if the minister in question is African-American.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Amen is clearly a offensive term.

I used to call my dog by saying "here boy, come on boy....

Now I have to say "here you non gender specific canine, come on you non gender specific canine" to keep from offending someone. Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Shouldn't it be Amun? Because that's where this word is coming from

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I guess it's weird because it would be like getting an Iman up there and deciding that saying Inshallah was offensive because it implied we did things in Allah, so this Iman said "Inshallah ... and Outshallah"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join