It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amen and awoman

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: Bluntone22

What kind of insecure snowflake gets upset about something like this?

One fruitloop saying one stupid thing gets magnified and lots of people get very upset and angry: because of one fruitloop saying one stupid thing.

Man up and move on.

Yeah kinda like that first Frootloop that said HEIL HITLER

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I’m not a religious man, quite the opposite actually.
I don’t get offended by religion either..
When someone says merry Christmas or bless you I just say thanks and move on with my life.
What I am offended by is utter stupidity.
Honestly I thought that things couldn’t get any weirder ... I was wrong.

The following video is of US rep Emanuel Cleaver democrat from Missouri ending his invocation today.

His prayer ends with him saying amen...totally normal.
Amen is a word from the Hebrew language meaning “so be it” and is the accepted standard to ending a prayer.

Then he says awoman.... da fuk? Seriously?

I am so disappointed giant meteor lost the election.
Maybe he will make a better showing in the mid terms.

ETA.
This man is a pastor so he should be aware of the meaning of amen.
Maybe he’s a pastor like Dr Pepper is a doctor.

Even if he is democrat i think this is totally ignorant even in french we say Amen. That guy doesn't understand the meaning of Amen obviously...

i agree this is stupid

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002

What kind of insecure snowflake gets upset about something like this?

One fruitloop saying one stupid thing gets magnified and lots of people get very upset and angry: because of one fruitloop saying one stupid thing.

Man up and move on.

OR the one that said WE love you Trump!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

edit on 41131America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jan 2021 09:41:03 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Can you imagine the reaction to telling people on the left to "man up"?

It's not the left crying bitter tears and clutching at every clickbait straw.
You only popped up in the past few weeks, you may want to educate yourself more... wildly inaccurate political insight been falling from you.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Classic dem stupidity - it was literally only days ago we had Crazy Nancy trying to eliminate all gendered language and now they're actually making up new ones. How anyone can take them seriously is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Haha..

Now taking amen and making it awoman is wrong on another level.
Shouldn’t it be awomen since it’s not aman?

I'm not familiar with the person at all, but is there any possibility it was either meant as a joke or someone has messed around with the clip? If not then that is quite embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

At this point would another Civil War really be that bad?

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: a325nt

originally posted by: HalWesten

This man is a pastor so he should be aware of the meaning of amen.
Maybe he’s a pastor like Dr Pepper is a doctor.

Nancy did appoint him, so...

That makes him a bumbling idiot not fit to run a tv remote, let alone a group of other worshipping idiots.

God forbid he actually get control of law.

Fwiw, I'm anti-religion, because the church has too much power over state.

What power(s) does the church have over the state ?
Name one.
Just one.

You think the abortion laws in America don't come about because of heavy lobbying by religious groups? There are various ways to wield power.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hehehe Nice Dr Jones reference! a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Considering he mentions Brahman(Hindu God) and others, it is his attempt at being inclusive and cheeky. For Spirituality, Some believe in universal inclusion, while others believe in legalistic literalism. So much stone throwing on the first page... chill out

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Oh no, I think he likely does know or at least did once upon a time as he probably went to some sort of divinity school to become a Methodist minister, but that makes it worse because it means he's openly pandering and rewriting religion and the plain spelling of words on the premise that just having the mere cluster of letters: M-E-N in them automatically "genders" them in some way.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Considering he mentions Brahman(Hindu God) and others, it is his attempt at being inclusive and cheeky. For Spirituality, Some believe in universal inclusion, while others believe in legalistic literalism. So much stone throwing on the first page... chill out

This also goes back to the way Pelosi and her friends re-wrote the House rules to make it wrong use words that are sex/gender specific.

I think just about every man and woman in the House ought to be on regular Ethics violations on general principle over that. And I almost wrote "person" to make the post more efficient and rethought to man and woman on purpose because the very idea of the rules change was so ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Lol, I'm just watching this circus from the sidelines.

Riiiight, these idiots WON 🤭

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You may kiss the groom.....

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002

How milennial of you.

You fret about a footloop talking nonsense, magnified way beyond all significance online but are happy to live in the shadow of real fascism.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
You only popped up in the past few weeks, you may want to educate yourself more... wildly inaccurate political insight been falling from you.

See that box on the left? The one that says how long I've been a member?

Tell me about insight.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This also goes back to the way Pelosi and her friends re-wrote the House rules to make it wrong use words that are sex/gender specific.

I think just about every man and woman in the House ought to be on regular Ethics violations on general principle over that. And I almost wrote "person" to make the post more efficient and rethought to man and woman on purpose because the very idea of the rules change was so ridiculous.

Oh well that makes it even funnier. Under that context it seems like he's trolling her.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
He has a sense of humor, he's gender inclusive, and he's not shy about making a public statement at the risk of being criticized. Isn't it funny how that kind of open display offends people who hide behind the anonymity of an internet forum? I raise my glass to his audacity.

Insert DiCaprio toasting gif here
edit on 5-1-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

I dont think he was saying 'amen'

He was literally saying 'a man and a woman' referring to this 'god' he was on about. The Torah explains that satan worshipers view satan as multi gendered (a man and a woman in one), which is the reason transgenderism etc has been pushed by those in power, those same worshipers!

smh...you do know that there are people who are naturally born as both right? called hermaphrodite. So the devil is a angel who was cast out. angels apparently are also multi gendered then correct if we are going off literally here.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join