It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China lands spacecraft on moon for historic sample collection

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: Ove38

They've certainly proved they have the skills to send and return something unmanned to the moon and back. The difficult bit is a rocket with enough oomph to launch a crewed payload, with all the oxygen and other consumables that entails.

America's 2024 target is hanging by a weak gossamer thread, and it wouldn't surprise me if China beats them to that.

I don't think anyone is going to risk the hazardous radiation levels on and around the moon

phys.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

The whole point of that paper is thatlunar radiation is exactly as predicted by models built on data that go back decades, and that there are amelioration strategies available for future crewed missions.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There are people monitoring the signals of China's spacecraft from Earth:

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Craft returns to Earth with Moon rocks

news.yahoo.com...

China's Chang'e-5 mission has returned to Earth with the cargo of rock and "soil" it picked up off the Moon.

A capsule carrying the materials landed in Inner Mongolia at 01:59 local time on Thursday (17:59 GMT, Wednesday).

good job Chinese tech people

let us know if you find anything good in there

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think the US will be back on hold for a while especially when budget time comes back around.

Oh well we did make it first.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What's interesting now is that while the return capsule is back on Earth, the bit of the probe that delivered it is still out there, and there is talk of an extended mission for it.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
thanks for all the posts Monkey

really helped the thread

PM me if you get more space stuff?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join