It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amy Coney Barrett Abortion Arms Race Is On

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

It's the life of an unborn baby issue. You know, the one that doesn't have a choice.

Correct. A fertilized has no choice. Also, a fertilized egg is not a baby. Nor is a cytoplast, an embryo or a non-viable fetus.

You can't possibly think that's even in the same ballpark. If you do you may want to do some soul-searching.

I have never understood how it's ok to kill an unborn baby but not ok to kill a murderer of a person of any age that has been born.

That just screams hypocrisy.

So, you're also against "stand your ground" laws, laws that allow someone to kill another human being, based on a perceived threat?

edit on 30-11-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's the life of an unborn baby issue. You know, the one that doesn't have a choice.

Correct. A fertilized has no choice. Also, a fertilized egg is not a baby. Nor is a cytoplast, an embryo or a non-viable fetus.

You can't possibly think that's even in the same ballpark. If you do you may want to do some soul-searching.

I have never understood how it's ok to kill an unborn baby but not ok to kill a murderer of a person of any age that has been born.

That just screams hypocrisy.

So, you're also against "stand your ground" laws, laws that allow someone to kill another human being, based on a perceived threat?

You need to learn the difference between self-defense and murder. There is a legal and moral difference. You are supporting murder.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Go back to the post that started this:

Only women have irresponsible sex? They deserve what they get (pregnant) for being sluts!

You spoke from your ass and no, I'm not going to let that go without correcting you. Your statement above was stupid.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Yeah, that's the op subject I posted about Trump.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its called what the Nazis did so successfully in Germany during WWII

The Big Lie...

Joseph Goebbels, the notorious Nazi Propaganda minister was a big practitioner of the Big Lie.

You don't seem capable of determining who is telling those lies though.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No. You are the one who stereotyped women seeking abortion akin to "buyers remorse" and/or irresponsible, and in your opinion, there are no take backsies, no contraception fails or stealthily removed condoms.

But, also you stereotype men as being victims of a woman's choice NOT to have an abortion by having to pay child support for 18 years.

Either way, you've made it clear that women should be punished by being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term because "reckless" sex happened. (Unwanted pregnancies never happen when people are careful /sarc)

Men are "punished" by being forced to pay child support when women choose to carry their pregnancy to term. In your mind, these are the only consequences. You seem to think that that makes the risk even. It doesn't.

You don't care about "life". You care about control.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You support women being able to turn men they sleep with into indentured servants for 18+ years. Women get to opt out of their "punishment" as you call it. Men are not offered the same choices. Women can opt out before, during and after birth.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You need to learn the difference between self-defense and murder. There is a legal and moral difference. You are supporting murder.

No. You need to learn definitions. Murder is a legal term. Abortion is legal pre-viability, therefore, not murder.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Do you think a man should be able to force a woman to have an abortion? Is that "equality" in your mind?

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No, I am more of a fan of a "paper abortion" myself. They should be able to walk away the same way a woman can. That's equality.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Fair enough.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Did I use the word "victim" or "punished" in reference to men paying child support? I don't think I did... no, I did not.

You don't care about "life". You care about control.

...and you don't value either, clearly. I value life and consider self control to be a virtue. Beyond that, I don't think the system should bail people who lack self control out of the consequences of their avarice and their oopsies. I sure as hell don't view the lives of the unborn as being negotiable in that ideology of saving people from their own piss poor judgement.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I value the quality of life among those who have been born, and fully support their desire to have healthy and happy children, living in a healthy and happy home. When we, as a society, strive to thrive and invest in a healthy and free society, more people will feel more confident in being able to raise and provide for children, whereas right now, economics is primary reason women and couples choose not to have one or more children.

Like I said earlier, it's the priorities that are askew here, not the goal.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I value the quality of life among those who have been born...

I value life between the ages of 3 to 70, so we are not that far apart....

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

No. You need to learn definitions. Murder is a legal term. Abortion is legal pre-viability, therefore, not murder.

Only in the minds of sadists who care nothing about the human life that is developing in that womb. You are wrong on this, you will always be wrong on this. I can sleep well at night knowing I am not supporting destroying a human life. The pained souls of every unborn baby that's murdered is on every supporter of abortion.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I value the quality of life among those who have been born, and fully support their desire to have healthy and happy children, living in a healthy and happy home. When we, as a society, strive to thrive and invest in a healthy and free society, more people will feel more confident in being able to raise and provide for children, whereas right now, economics is primary reason women and couples choose not to have one or more children.

www.brookings.edu...

abortion rates among the poor
are lower, with 32 percent in the highest income bracket having an abortion compared to 9 percent of
low-income terminations.

Statistical facts easily prove that narrative is bullcrap. Wealthy career women have three and half times more abortions than poor women do. It's all about that career and whether a kid is a status symbol or the absence of one a virtue signal in their professional circle.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Exactly
while some abortions may be a financial decision, statistics show that more of them are a lifestyle decision

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Interesting that your quote doesn't appear in your link. However, this one is the very first line.

Low-income women are more than five times as likely than affluent women to experience an unintended pregnancy, which has significant implications for social mobility given that unplanned childbearing is associated with higher rates of poverty, less family stability, and worse outcomes for children, according to a new Brookings Center on Children and Families (CCF) paper published today.

So, somehow you're trying to tell me that affluent women are having more abortions than poor women? Well, color me shocked, seeing that poor women are being systematically disenfranchised from affordable abortion clinics, like Planned Parenthood, like never before!

Do your statistics delineate the economic line between poverty and affluence?

I think you're trying to tell me that suburban moms are 2nd mortgaged to the max, and can't afford to be a single income family to welcome a 4th child, and still make their mini van payment, their soccer club dues, ballet and piano lessons payments, so they're opting for abortions.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Why don't they just make a home vacuum version? like you know the Shark baby eater....

Then you independent ladies can live tha life, do as you please, and hey if some guy you hooked up with get ya jacked up you can just come home and suck that disgusting alien parasite right out.

Who needs a doctor?

Install a woodchipper of sorts, bam.

Then you can sell the stemcells for bitcoins.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

In today's lying with statistics 101 class we will deal with the liberal Brookings Institute

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Abortion has been going on since the dawn of humanity. Rarely have men ever stepped in to regulateit, and mostly when they have, historically, it was always to assure women give birth to soldiers/king's fodder, or when husbands suspected that "the kid is not my son", since Moses.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join