It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amy Coney Barrett Abortion Arms Race Is On

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
They should sell jars, so you can keep the aborted parasite on a shelf and show your friends, oh this one? yeah, what a wild night.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

What's the date of that snippet of an article?

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Remember when some states were proposing forcing women who planned to have an abortion to watch an educational video about abortions being performed?
Remember how the baby killer faction had a fit and said it amounted to a cruel form of punishment? How could it be punishment if it was just a medical procedure?

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
So can you explain how legal suicide, abortion, and the Death Penalty are not all the same thing?

In the cases involving suicide and death row, the person being killed made choices that lead them to that outcome. Unborn children never get to make choices.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

3rd paragraph, last sentence. I was willing to write off your "misreading" of my earlier post, believing it said I was considering men to be victims when I said no such thing... now that these "misreads" from you are becoming a trend I have to think either you need a new person to read things to you or you're intentionally disingenuous.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Dangling Amy Barrett's reputation on a pandering product of environment like Jason Rapert is about the most unfair thing you can do. I have friends from Arkansas, and Rapert is not exactly 'well liked by all' in Arkansas by your average citizen.

This just goes to show you how much the average user poster dives into clickbait behavior. Do away with stars already, lol.
edit on 1-12-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Let's focus on reducing (or eliminating) as many unwanted pregnancies as possible ... and therefore eliminate most if not all abortions ... or is that too reasonable?

Nevermind. Return to the never-ending "debate" you've been handed from your Masters.
edit on 1-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Okay. I see it now. Women of means are getting more abortions than poor women, according to that undated article.

That still doesn't prove that economic considerations has nothing to do with why women with good paying jobs are getting abortions. An abortion is a lot cheaper that having a kid, and it has less impact on one's career.

Like I said, poor women are being systematically disenfranchised from affordable abortion clinics, like Planned Parenthood.

Also, you didn't address my question, "Do your statistics delineate the economic line between poverty and affluence?"

Nor did you acknowledge that suburban families are often "2nd mortgaged to the max, and can't afford to be a single income family to welcome a 4th child, and still make their mini van payment, their soccer club dues, ballet and piano lessons payments, so, they're opting for abortions."

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Democrats want abortions at every corner for "free" up to and sometimes even after birth. It's ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Democrats want abortions at every corner for "free" up to and sometimes even after birth. It's ridiculous.

True and Democrats steal elections, so...........more abortions and next. euthanasia (volontary) and then euthanasia (compulsory).

The Party of Death.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
If you feel differently, then please explain how they are all different.

You are claiming that a baby whom is about to be born and the mother decides to kill him is the same as some psychopath whom has murdered, raped, and/or tortured to death people and is on death roll?...

As for assisted suicide, at least the person is making that decision, I am against it personally, but it is a decision made by the person whom will die... Unborn babies are not given a voice.

Your argument is similar to claiming "whats the difference between killing nazis in the 1940s and the nazis killing Jewish people?... The difference is one side committed atrocious crimes, while the other was completely innocent... Same thing with the death penalty and abortion.

People on death penalty committed the most atrocious crimes against other people, or even children... Meanwhile unborn babies are the most innocent humans on Earth.

The argument that "the baby belongs to the woman and so women should be able to kill their babies for any reason is the same argument that slavers made about slaves... They saw slaves as "property" and not as individuals with equal rights...

Abortions should be rare, and there shouldn't be any law forcing people to pay for the abortions of other women. If you want to do it pay it yourself. Or demand the rich Hollyweirds and rich liberals to pay for your abortion themselves. But leave out regular Americans whom view most abortions as murder.

edit on 1-12-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: jjkenobi

True and Democrats steal elections, so...........more abortions and next. euthanasia (volontary) and then euthanasia (compulsory).

The Party of Death.

I have already proven in other threads that "progressives" are already claiming that "parents should be able to murder newborns for any reason, even if the baby is completely healthy, as well because newborns are the same as unborn children. It's called "after birth abortion: Why should the baby live..."

Abstract

Abortion is largely accepted even for reasons that do not have anything to do with the fetus' health. By showing that (1) both fetuses and newborns do not have the same moral status as actual persons, (2) the fact that both are potential persons is morally irrelevant and (3) adoption is not always in the best interest of actual people, the authors argue that what we call ‘after-birth abortion’ (killing a newborn) should be permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled.

After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?

Even progressive philosophers like Peter Singer, doctors, and other "progressives" are admitting that "abortion" has opened the pandora box and abortion can be used as an excuse to murder people and even for mass murder to be made legal for almost any reason.

For example, people whom are 75 years old... We already have "progressive" Senators and others in power claiming that "why do people want to live past 70-75? they should die and help save the planet, or for "put x" excuse...

edit on 1-12-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

There you go again, virtue signaling how you consider a mini van, soccer club does, and piano lessons to be more important and more valuable than a family's own unborn baby's life. That's sick.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Like I said, poor women are being systematically disenfranchised from affordable abortion clinics, like Planned Parenthood.

They are only affordable because of tax subsidies. Can you tell me where Women are not able to get abortions in America outside of having clinics like coffee shops? There are only 4 states where more than 200 women per year need to go to another state due to being past 5 months... One heart wrenching AP story of a woman that had to drive 180 miles to get one since she was past 5 months...OK don't care...lol

People travel distances all the time for medical care.

edit on 1-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Nor did you acknowledge that suburban families are often "2nd mortgaged to the max, and can't afford to be a single income family to welcome a 4th child, and still make their mini van payment, their soccer club dues, ballet and piano lessons payments, so, they're opting for abortions."

Maybe they should think about that and the husband should have gotten a vasectomy after their third as many do. All I hear in all these situation is people making mistakes and it is up to society to fix them, or provide an easy and cheap way to fix their mistakes at the cost of tax dollars in many cases.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: Lysergic

Remember when some states were proposing forcing women who planned to have an abortion to watch an educational video about abortions being performed?
Remember how the baby killer faction had a fit and said it amounted to a cruel form of punishment? How could it be punishment if it was just a medical procedure?

Because millions of innocent human beings are being murdered and the "progressives" want to keep adding as to "at what age a baby has rights or doesn't...

You obviously haven't heard, or haven't watched documentaries of former PP personel explaining how they have seen the unborn attempt to desperately fight. Despite the lies from the "progressives" the unborn do feel pain and anguish as they are crushed with scissors...

Holocaust deniers disgust me as much as people like yourself whom deny the unborn are human beings... Slavers and evil people are the only ones that deny other humans their rights.

The U.S. Constitution guarantees LIFE, not abortion. Yet we have the "humanity deniers" claim constantly that unborn babies are property of women and they can kill the unborn at any time and for any reason. Like I posted before, already progressives are making arguments to legalize "after birth abortions." In other words, murdering babies that have been born because there is no difference between the unborn and a newborn baby...

it's ironic how the "progressives" keep on claiming how conservatives are like "slavers, nazis, etc" when it is the left/progressives whom use the same arguments as the nazis and the democrats whom denied that slaves were human beings...

It's always been the left/progressives whom devalue innocent human life, and none of you seem capable of understanding what you are doing.

Like I wrote before, you have "progressives" like Peter Singer, Ira W. DeCamp Professor of Bioethics at Princeton University, admitting that the argument for abortions can be used to justify infanticide as well as genocides, and he is aware of this fact as well as other "progressives..."

But Singer, and other "progressive scholars" go even beyond that. Singer has also argued that "being human doesn't give you a right to live..."

This is the same as the devalue of human life "to save the planet" when we actually need to save the planet and humanity from 'progressives..."

If this sort of evil mentality continues we will have the worse genocide of humans in the near future that will be worse than the holocaust if "progressives" get their way.

Opponents will respond that abortion is, by its very nature, unsafe - for the fetus. They point out that abortion kills a unique, living human individual. That claim is difficult to deny, at least if by "human" we mean "member of the species Homo sapiens."

It is also true that we cannot simply invoke a woman's "right to choose" in order to avoid the ethical issue of the moral status of the fetus. If the fetus really did have the moral status of any other human being, it would be difficult to argue that a pregnant woman's right to choose includes the right to bring about the death of the fetus, except perhaps when the woman's life is at stake.

The fallacy in the anti-abortion argument lies in the shift from the scientifically accurate claim that the fetus is a living individual of the species Homo sapiens to the ethical claim that the fetus therefore has the same right to life as any other human being. Membership of the species Homo sapiens is not enough to confer a right to life on a being. Nor can something like self-awareness or rationality warrant greater protection for the fetus than for, say, a cow, because the fetus has mental capacities that are inferior to those of cows. Yet "pro-life" groups that picket abortion clinics are rarely seen picketing slaughterhouses.

The anti-abortion fallacy
Peter Singer

edit on 1-12-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment and add exceprt and link.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Woah pal, you either responded to the wrong post or have some serious reading comprehension issues
I do not, nor have I ever supported abortion
Every post in this thread and everywhere else supports this.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
According to the WHO, there are 40 to 50 million abortion each year and approximately 140 million live births per year. I believe this is an attempt by the satanists to abort the second coming. How anyone can support a government that allows the systematic killing of innocence is beyond me.

One thing is certain, bible thumpers will certainly do what they can to push the issue.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Woah pal, you either responded to the wrong post or have some serious reading comprehension issues
I do not, nor have I ever supported abortion
Every post in this thread and everywhere else supports this.

I misunderstood your post as I was posting on different browsers to different topics. My bad.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I understand why abortion clinics were started...
I understand the ones getting abortions are mostly the lowest rung of society and probably a good thing they do not reproduce.

But fighting for the rights to kill an organism before it resembles a human is pretty far out there.

Especially the late term.

Pretty sick, but maybe necessary to keep a good working society.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join