It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women think claws are attractive?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have some claws.

I didn't realize until this post that they apparently protect me from misogynistic assholes and incels. I like my claws even more now!

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Yes!!! Scratch 'em.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

lol yes.

I also meant that if by having claws that means I inadvertently stave off the attention of misogynistic incels before it ever comes to a scratch off, then that's a good thing. I personally wouldn't want to attract or be friends with those types of people so if they see my claws and run the other direction, that's protecting me from wasting my time on some assholes. Lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Honestly! Some of these comments from men AND women are just borderline insane in assuming what women do and why they do it.

I hope you treated yourself to some sweet Halloween coffin nails this go round in the mani seat.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You know, it's funny you should mention that. I was going to go that direction but at the last minute I went with a light blue color, because apparently that means I have a man in my life. Ironically... Lol.
edit on 21-10-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My sister has one on her somewhere, and ... she also is now ballooned up to somewhere between 250/300lbs too. I don't even want to think about what it might now look like.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Some of us gals are practical and don't get why you'd hamper yourself with them.

I'm an active woman and don't want to be bothered with trying to work out and practice martial arts with claws like those. I have to think they'd be more hindrance than anything else.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So gals with nails aren't practical?

That's bold.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Some of us gals are practical and don't get why you'd hamper yourself with them.

I'm an active woman and don't want to be bothered with trying to work out and practice martial arts with claws like those. I have to think they'd be more hindrance than anything else.

This ^^

Happily accepting what is effectively a voluntary physical hindrance is not something to be proud of.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I always avoid them at the DMV because it's going to be way slower!

Nails are fine and sexy, but Dagger nails are not fine or sexy.

Class is in restraint.

edit on 10/21/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

This ^^

Happily accepting what is effectively a voluntary physical hindrance is not something to be proud of.

Maybe for you personally. The whole wide world of women doesn't need to follow anyone else's code of practicality or beauty standards.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: Nyiah

This ^^

Maybe for you personally. The whole wide world of women doesn't need to follow anyone else's code of practicality or beauty standards.

You have your opinion, I have my opinion, nobody's changing theirs anytime soon, so end of discussion seems warranted.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I think the issue is that some people aren't stating anything like an opinion.

link   

My opinion is that your opinion of her opinion that everybody has their own opinion is stupid and my opinion is that some opinions are stupid like once again yours. Your opinion is stupid.

End of discussion.

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Akragon

I always avoid them at the DMV because it's going to be way slower!

Nails are fine and sexy, but Dagger nails are not fine or sexy.

Class is in restraint.

Agreed...

personally i think a french manicure looks very sexy...

Claws... nope

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

My opinion is that your opinion of her opinion that everybody has their own opinion is stupid and my opinion is that some opinions are stupid like once again yours. Your opinion is stupid.

End of discussion.

Hit a little tpo close to home, did I?

Sorry, too bad.
edit on 10/21/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Not what I said. Some of us are more concerned with function over form.

I cited Florence Griffith-Joyner in my first post in this thread. Clearly it can be done, but some of us don't see why anyone would want to. To us, it just plain seems like more hassle and expense than is worth it. If want a vanity, I'm more likely to spend time growing out my hair. That can still be a hindrance given my current activities, but I can get it out of my way far easier than I can with spears on my fingertips.

So you have long nails? Try this for me - I have to make a tight fist in order to punch effectively. How do you get around super long nails and still do that?

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Too close to home how? Like, you're being an absolutist and a misogynist and projecting your own ideals onto other women, despite that being ridiculous, and she doesn't like misogynists? Dammmnnn. You got her there. Watch out geez, don't know how you'll get around that zinger.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I love it when one woman calls another a misogynist.

It's like someone calling a black man a white supremacist because he went and strayed off the approved group think. Do you seriously think Nyiah hates her own gender?

edit on 21-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

LOL.

B when I said it was the end of discussion, I really meant it. End of discussion.

Also, learn how to laugh a little ok b? Even if we have stupid opinions, it doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humor.

a reply to: ketsuko

Come at me B and we'll see how well my claws do in a fight.

I'd rather we hug and kiss of course, but if you need to know how functional my nails are in a fight- just come at me. I'll be sure to give you full physical disclosure.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join