It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there really had been an ancient super-advanced culture ..........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What would become of them?

Would they have nuclear weapons like we do today? Would overpopulation (and environment catastrophe) be a concern for them? Would they spread their way of life?

How widely would they spread their way of life?

Looking at the present, we now live in a time when much of the world really doesn't appear to want modern technology. They want parts of it, of course (such as modern medicine for their children.) . But they don't like being told their way of farming is wrong. They don't like being told they're having too many babies.

They seem to want to be able to engage in holy and/or genocidal wars whenever population pressure sets in, but the existence of nuclear weapons forces the first world to kind of intervene, and make sure "terrorist cells" like Al Quaeda don't form and start trying to get weapons of mass destruction.

So I'm thinking an ancient advanced civilization might run into the same problems as we have.

There would be rampant population explosions, but not in the "first world" (By which I mean not among those who had embraced high technology as a way of life - call it "education" if you want, but they're basically the same thing.)

They see it's only a matter of time before they get overrun by angry third worlders, both jealous, and fearful, of them.

And then one day, they figure out how to go into space. They experiment a bit, and realize they can live there, permanently.

So what I think happened: I think they simply left.

They didn't want to have to wipe out their low tech peers. Didn't want to get overrun by them either. So they just left Earth behind, and never came back (except to visit.)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Whatever they had to leave they left no trace of any technical high-tech way of survival that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

One of my favorite verses

Ecclesiastes 1:9

…8All things are wearisome, more than one can describe; the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear content with hearing. 9What has been will be again, and what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.10Is there a case where one can say, “Look, this is new”? It has already existed in the ages before us.…
Berean Study Bible · Downlo
edit on 22-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

Deleted kool story

An interesting moral tale or speculation, something like Plato might have created as a backstory for a commentary.

Unfortunately zero evidence for such an invisible civilization exists and if they had the technology to leave earth they would have left thousands of years of waste and ruins behind. In reality zilch is seen.

You will as you do, BM, argue for the 'possibility', and I will not, while possible the knowledge we have of real existing civilizations show they leave hyge, easily seen and detectable and massive archaeological, sedimentary & geological foot prints - so the plausibly and probably of the ideas - based on our current knowledge and existing evidence is nada.
edit on 23/9/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Whatever they had to leave they left no trace of any technical high-tech way of survival that's for sure.

Nor any low tech from when they were in that stage, no stone age tools, no copper, and well nothing.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You may want to read some Eastern world ancient stories. In the Mahabharata (a collection of epic tales from old time indus Valley civilization) they went into great detail on aerial warfare between deities involving actual machines, not just folls with godly powers. It is also why Oppenheimer believes there had been nuclear detonations on thisnplanet before, as the use of such city destroying weapons hurled with a single blow are also described in detail.

Kind of hard to deny it is nukes being referred as they even go into the details of the ethced shadows effect, as well as describing exactly the invisible sickness it brings (radiation poisoning) .

Do an at s search on the mahabharata . I may not be spelling it exactly, but I learned about it here on ats the threads still exist.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
Dont forget book of Ezekiel has descriptions that virtually mirror the space X rocket re entry and landing system. Seems like he even creatively described the power systems by observing cables running to a platform of some kind.

All I can say is, I cannot wait for history to repeat itself. Aactually, it already is...

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'll have to give you points for that one. You bring up one of
of the few passages I only have a circular argument for.

On the down-lo, this doesn't happen a lot around here so keep it to
yourself okay?

edit on 23-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
some of you people don't give humans enough credit .......

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike27

some of you people don't give humans enough credit .......

And a ton of them don't give scripture any credit at all. Which is ridiculous.

Any way enough about that to avoid drift.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I have long been fascinated by this. The Mahabrata describes a great war between Atlantis and Rama that took place many thousands of years ago ...:

www.gaia.com...

This supposed war decimated an entire region (and our world) and it remains a mystery as to the advancement of our civilization to that point. It could be a terrifying self-fulfilling prophecy, as well, Godforbid.:

youtu.be...

J. Robert Oppenheimer (the father if the atomic bomb) quoted from the Bhagavad-Gita scripture when they blew up the first one. " ...Now I am become death. The destroyer of worlds ...":

youtu.be...

edit on 9/23/2020 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: Auto-correct spelling corrections ...

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

Would they have nuclear weapons like we do today? Would overpopulation (and environment catastrophe) be a concern for them? But they don't like being told their way of farming is wrong. They don't like being told they're having too many babies.

They seem to want to be able to engage in holy and/or genocidal wars whenever population pressure sets in, but the existence of nuclear weapons forces the first world to kind of intervene, and make sure "terrorist cells" like Al Quaeda don't form and start trying to get weapons of mass destruction.

There would be rampant population explosions, but not in the "first world" (By which I mean not among those who had embraced high technology as a way of life - call it "education" if you want, but they're basically the same thing.)

Do we have overpopulation? Don’t think so... To many babies, not where I live

Who doesn’t want farming advances, who believes that. Farming advances are money earned, where’d you get that from?

Holy and genocidal wars? Really, maybe you but not sure I know of many. Elaborate maybe?

And, why no history, it vanished like the ascended masters maybe, no tech at all.
Selfish beast, good riddance

Or maybe they killed themselves more likely
edit on 23-9-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
You may want to read some Eastern world ancient stories. In the Mahabharata (a collection of epic tales from old time indus Valley civilization) they went into great detail on aerial warfare between deities involving actual machines, not just folls with godly powers. It is also why Oppenheimer believes there had been nuclear detonations on thisnplanet before, as the use of such city destroying weapons hurled with a single blow are also described in detail.

Kind of hard to deny it is nukes being referred as they even go into the details of the ethced shadows effect, as well as describing exactly the invisible sickness it brings (radiation poisoning) .

Do an at s search on the mahabharata . I may not be spelling it exactly, but I learned about it here on ats the threads still exist.

No they didnt most of what you read was misinterprtations of the script.

www.deccanherald.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I have often thought dragons were fighter jets and sea monsters subs.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Maybe you should read the thing. It doesn't contain anything about any radiation poisoning or any "shadow effect."

The Mahabharata

Harte

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

They did not rely on technology, imo. The "Gift of Fire" which was given us from the gods (or the devil depending on your religion) was the gift of how to utilize magic - "Fire" is one of the Five Elements - the first even, which created the four others. They lived in a very different world than us, they knew of Technology but preferred magic.

-MM

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: musicismagic

Nor any low tech from when they were in that stage, no stone age tools, no copper, and well nothing.

I'm not saying there was an ancient high civilization, but I would think depending on how far back they went, might high tech debris be long buried? What does a few hundred thousand years of glaciation do to structures and devices? How long would ancient satellites stay in orbit? Hmmm...

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There are some theories that our current civilization is actually the 4th human civilization that has been on earth and ours is not the most technologically advanced.

The speculation is that humans are being controlled and monitored by ETs and they have ended the civilizations each time because the direction we were taking the planet. As to what the ETs ultimate goal is who knows.

There is a lot of information that our souls are very important to them and the animal mutilations are useful to them.

I think they did leave technology around but either the government is hiding it and also the people are just to naive to realize what they are seeing. An example is the nano technology found in Russia while they were mining. How does nano technology such as springs and metal parts end up many feet below the surface out in the middle of nowhere?

Some of the stories are outlandish but there are enough from whistleblowers, weird stories, and archeological findings that are very thought provoking. It is my belief that we have been shielded by a ton of technology and what we think is science fiction is actually happening or had already happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
one theory is that there is a fair amount of evidence of this antediluvian civilization but it's dumped in museums or the Lost Ark warehouse forgotten and never properly interpreted.

suppose it was based in Antarctica before continental drift. no telling whats under all that ice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join