It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zakk Sabbath have Re-Recorded Black Sabbath the Album for its 50th Anniversary and it's Great

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I can't think of anyone more qualified to do this than Zakk Wylde and to be honest on my first listen it gets a big thumbs up from this life long (Ozzy) Sabbath fan ...Boy done good !

So for you ATS rockers here's 40 minutes of a Master paying homage to the original Masters of Reality.

00:00 1. Black Sabbath
06:18 2. The Wizard
10:40 3. Wasp / Behind The Wall Of Sleep / N.I.B.
21:16 4. Wicked World
26:27 5. A Bit Of Finger / Sleeping Village / Warning

If anything it's a timely reminder of how far ahead of their time Sabbath were 50 years on and what a great album it was / is.
Zakk Wylde (BLS, Ozzy) on Guitars and Vocals
Rob “Blasko” Nicholson (Ozzy, Rob Zombie) on Bass Guitar
Joey Castillo (Danzig, Queens of the Stone Age) on Drums

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

One of my favourite albums of all time.
I spent countless hours listening to Master Of Reality VERY loud.

Also, the link in my signature has a video of Ozzy, he pulls his pants down for a second and Tony Iommi just kind of shakes his head and laughs.
You gotta love Ozzy.

edit on 16-9-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Two words.... F#k and yeah!!

Life long Sabbath fan as well.
I can even remember the exact day that I first heard Black Sabbath (the song), been hooked ever since.

Cheers for the awesome find!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Randy Rhoads was also a huuge inspiration for me as a guitar player.
I bought 2 classical guitars just to play this song and make it sound right.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I've still got Tribute on vinyl , Randy was one of a kind.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Now I know what am I going to play driving home later.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
COOL, I'll check it out, It would still be more awsome if Sabbath would redo it themselves, but Bill Ward is off his game, it's tough to get old, still waiting for the "Born Again" remaster

second album i ever bought at 10 years old in 1972
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Imagine being so confused by consumerism that spending money to buy the same thing through remasters, redefinitions, master editions, ultimate editions, and countless other notions of rerelease is something to become excited about.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Its Ozzy and Black Sabbath, I would buy it over and over again but thankfully we have youtube so it is free to look up any song you want...for free!!

Imagine

Imagine no Black Sabbath or Ozzy...thats a world I wouldn't want to live in.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I love Black Sabbath. Can't stand Zakk Wylde. I will stick to the classic with Ozzy, Geezer, Tony, and Bill.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Remasters can be good or bad. A lot of times I find remasters ruin the original sound of a recording. Louder isn't always better. But, there are some pretty good remasters out there. Especially when they're remastered off the original tapes by a competent mastering engineer that understands how to keep the original feel of a track while making it sound better.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Imagine being so confused by consumerism that spending money to buy the same thing through remasters, redefinitions, master editions, ultimate editions, and countless other notions of rerelease is something to become excited about.

I agree but this album is a re-recording of a classic album by a band with love for the source material , it isn't a remaster.
Sabbath fans will like it and ultimately that's who it's for.
edit on 16-9-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Life long Sabbath fan here!
Why cant any drummer sound like Bill Ward? every track he ever laid down was so impactful! I think hes way under rated!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Bill Ward leaving was the real thing that changed Sabbath's sound.

Heaven and Hell still had those pounding drums even with Dio's singing. Mob Rules was good, but the drums hit way less hard.

You can hear the difference in the recording of the Mob Rules(the song) in the Heavy Metal movie sound track vs the one on the album. The one in the movie had Bill Ward on drums, the one on the album had Vinnie Appice. The difference in the drumming is fairly noticable.

edit on 16/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
50 years! Damn! Talk about staying power.

Zack is a friggin' great choice for the guitar playing but I kinda wish Mike Patton could have gotten in on this for the vocals. Patton has more of the haunting sound I think Sabbath needs.

Still, excellent sound by Zach et. al. Thanks for share!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Cool!!

Any word if Brother Zakk will re-master Master of Reality?!! LOL! Heck, he already plays Children of the Grace with two bottles of beer in hand!!

Ah! My mom had paranoid and I would put that on while making dinner (dry spaghetti, spice added jar sauce,... hell, I am still doing that one!! All from watching Julia Child way back in second grade!!). Any way, Beatles, Sabbath, and any solo John, Paul, George, or Ringo! What a sonic stew!...

I asked for the first album for Christmas! That was my contribution to home record collection!

I love NIB!! And the harmonica in the Wizard! Add Zakk...

Well, even more things to spend money on!!

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Masters of Reality was my favorite Black Sabbath album.
My album may still be in my mom's garage stored in a box.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Cool!!

Any word if Brother Zakk will re-master Master of Reality?!! LOL! Heck, he already plays Children of the Grace with two bottles of beer in hand!!

Ah! My mom had paranoid and I would put that on while making dinner (dry spaghetti, spice added jar sauce,... hell, I am still doing that one!! All from watching Julia Child way back in second grade!!). Any way, Beatles, Sabbath, and any solo John, Paul, George, or Ringo! What a sonic stew!...

I asked for the first album for Christmas! That was my contribution to home record collection!

I love NIB!! And the harmonica in the Wizard! Add Zakk...

Well, even more things to spend money on!!

Respect to the bands who paved the ways for the bands of today, but you're going way too far:

and any solo John, Paul, George, or Ringo

top topics

join