It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN spreads fakes about Belarus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
On September 1, a statement "UN human rights experts: Belarus must stop torturing protesters and prevent enforced disappearances" appeared on the website of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights. The statement reads in part:

"The experts received reports of 450 documented cases of torture and ill-treatment of people deprived of their liberty after the disputed presidential election on 09 August that led to mass protests and arrests." We are extremely alarmed at the hundreds of allegations of torture and other ill-treatment in police custody, ”they said."

The organization's official Twitter account posted a link to this statement (in Russian) and provided its tweet with a photograph of a person allegedly tortured by the Belarusian riot police.

Indeed, it is scary to look at the traces of torture on the body of this person, and the photograph evokes a legitimate feeling of protest and indignation in any normal person.

But suddenly it turned out that this is a primitive fake. This photo was published back in 2015 in the Second Report "War Crimes of the Ukrainian Security Service: Torture and Inhuman Treatment."

In the photo, Alexander Agafonov, a native of Donbass, was killed as a result of torture by officers of the Security Service of Ukraine on November 14, 2014 in the city of Izium. Here is what Yana Agafonov's wife says:

“They just beat him to death. When they arrived, they tortured him. When they brought the body here, he even had blue heels, the sole was blue. He had injections on his hands, from… I don’t know… under his nails there they drove either pricks or some kind of knitting needles - there are holes. On each bone there is a hole, a hole, holes. They tortured him like when, probably, there was a war, they did not torture him, as they tortured him. "

A terrible scandal erupted, Russian social networks are full of outraged comments, people are waiting for an official statement from Belarus and Russia and an official apology from the UN. However, the UN is in no hurry to remove its fake message and statement, they are still on the organization's official websites and accounts. This fake clearly demonstrates at what political level Belarus and Russia are being discredited in order to carry out a "color revolution" and a coup d'etat.

Thank.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Trump done well to defund the UN. It is still a large organization with a lot of psychopathic megalomaniacs running their agenda. This organization has gotten some things right over the years, good when the general assembly can agree on something. Also has a lot of power with its security council.

As for how it has been taken over by globalist agendas and corruption is a problem. Well done in pointing out their lies with situations like these fake photos.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

You can see that the anti Russian rhetoric is Ramping up again, to take the focus off of the current disturbing social situations.I hope people are not falling for it, as they would love a Russian emergency to ramp up some nice security laws.They must have run out of ideas.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Ok many Americans have not been following this and have no idea what you are talking about. The protests have been met with police brutality after the rigged elections. they are indeed beating people and jailing people who are protesting the election results. I took the time to look to see if I could find this post from the UN i checked the last 30 days on that account could not find it. what I did find was on Aug 21st the UN said there was massive reports of torture during arrests and detentions.

twitter.com...

Now I think its fairly obvious by the mountains of video and pictures that yes the police are beating protestors so no wonder the UN has said something. So people can get caught up on whats going on here is a BBC report.

www.bbc.com...

edit on 9/3/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

You can see that the anti Russian rhetoric is Ramping up again, to take the focus off of the current disturbing social situations.I hope people are not falling for it, as they would love a Russian emergency to ramp up some nice security laws.They must have run out of ideas.

No one cares about Russia thats old news much easier to go after China the entire world is mad at them. Russia isnt even a blip on the word stage.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:44

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I can not find that picture on their Twitter feed. dragonridr didn't find it elsewhere.

Nice touch on painting the enemies of Russia as evil though, goes far with the propaganda. You should finish with a joke... Like : Now I crush turnip juice with my Russian Bear hands like Russian propaganda crush puny western mind!

Broken Democracies are really just unorthodox monarchies. All hail the Kaiser!

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I can not find that picture on their Twitter feed. dragonridr didn't find it elsewhere.

Nice touch on painting the enemies of Russia as evil though, goes far with the propaganda. You should finish with a joke... Like : Now I crush turnip juice with my Russian Bear hands like Russian propaganda crush puny western mind!

Broken Democracies are really just unorthodox monarchies. All hail the Kaiser!

You cannot see the atoms, but they are there, they are objective.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I agree you cant torture people and kill people without repercussions. Llukashenko is being evil to his people and things are very clear what happens when you do that.

"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Mathew 25:46

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I suspect it was photo shopped by someone and people took it as fact. they have had a dictator there for 26 year even longer than Putin. This guy is a real winner his solution for the Corona virus drink vodka. Yes he actually said this never mind the fact that before the election he had his oponents arrested.So the guys in jail his wife decides to run in his place she has now had to leave the country after the elections fearing he will kill her. i hope the people of Belarus manage to find democracy.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I agree you cant torture people and kill people without repercussions. Llukashenko is being evil to his people and things are very clear what happens when you do that.

"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Mathew 25:46

Obama did it, and Bush and his son, the British queen for decades, Macron, Merkel ... It is difficult to find a leader in the West who would not do this.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: RAY1990

I suspect it was photo shopped by someone and people took it as fact. they have had a dictator there for 26 year even longer than Putin. This guy is a real winner his solution for the Corona virus drink vodka. Yes he actually said this never mind the fact that before the election he had his oponents arrested.So the guys in jail his wife decides to run in his place she has now had to leave the country after the elections fearing he will kill her. i hope the people of Belarus manage to find democracy.

Show us an example. Arrange a revolution, throw off the hated tyrants and let real democracy and happiness reign in your countries, as recently in Seattle and other cities))))

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

It certainly is here in the UK with our gangster state controlled mind controlling propaganda brain insertion organisation the BBC...................... Belarus makes the main headline every time there's a so called protest there, along with (just by chance) NATO drills the other side of the border.

Once you've seen it on a regular basis you sort of get the gist of what the BBC 'thinks we need to know' and the pattern of Coloured Revolutions is repeated along with NATO advisors going in, cookies from Newlands, a certain coloured flag or ribbon to wear, suddenly new (US University trained) locals inserted into positions of power............. Ukraine, Montenegro, Latvia, Moldova,much of South America, east asia, Estonia, Lithuanis, you really do get to see this all a long term plan to destabilise a threat to the West just as Germany, Japan, etc were crippled and forced to fall into line

I have no dogs in the fight so couldn't give a monkey, but it's fascinating to see the pattern over and over again repeat repeat repeat. If you can't take a country by military means this new way does it just the same and inclusion within NATO is the end game

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I have a feeling that the times have changed , we have a generation of millenials who are justly aggrieved, they expect certain civillities to be guranteed, its not in their reality that they wont be, simply because if they are beaten or tortured they will just die because if things get to stressful they will suicide anyway. You dont think I'm serious, ? snowflakes will just disolve in the heat.Half of them are struggling with self examination with regards to agreeing on what type of sexual dysphoria they have, this is the new normal, and the reality has changed, the older generation can lament and claim a good stint in the army will fix it, but its far to late for that.Their has been too much international internet to put the genie back in the bottle.Now Its all a play, with each person ad-libbing their way through trying to pick their part,along with their dress code to validate themselves within their relationships, the whole philosophical focus of life has shifted.Thats why it llooks like its gone chaotic to anyone over fourty, its just that anyone over fourty cant understand whats going on, and would want to force things back to their agreed concept of reality, when the truth is they are the dinosoars with nothing valid to add, but dont yet realise this, yet will still go the way of the dinosaurs as will the Millenials when their time is up.
The MSN propaganda the Share Market and the macro manipulating, of the economy are easy to see through, they are all a predictable script, written and corrected but as are the best laid plans of mice and men, they will be sure to go awry.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The numbers have been crunched, the old men in the Pentagon realise that America is stuffed if it doesnt get a good War to kill off a good few million,preferably in Europe, and then go in and free Russia and give them a good dose of Democracy, which will paid for with their ample resources.By means of a goverment instaled of friendly handpicked individuals cleared by the CIA for their loyalty. But their is one big problem Russia cant be manipulated into this much needed War, simply because they have stated it will be nuclear and no holds barred,because they cant afford a conventional war and will not play, and since their missiles seemed to have ecliped the American ones, their wont be a war. What will happen then? America will have to have what they have been putting of since the collapse of the Soviet Union , thier own collapse and rebirth.which seems to be happening. But thats the rational analysis,and their are a myriad of other scenarios.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

You see it and many see the same, I just don't get why they can't leave Russia alone and let it have it's much decreased influence around the world and let it have the FSU as it's own small area of influence? I mean all this nibbling away at the FSU is really taking the piss and what on Earth is it all for? I couldn't give a monkey about being in alliance with Belarus if it means stoking a nuke war with Moscow. You just couldn't make it up that it's worth destroying the planet for what? Total madness and the policy makers behind NATO must be some kind of pyschopaths to risk everything for what? Belarus? Total monkey tennis and of the lowest order

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Im not sure what your trying to say that rant didnt make any sense. something about forty? no wait fourty right
? Here's the deal in bellarus the people are tired of the same old thing. They want change and are not willing to wait anymore. This is happening all over the world right now and the internet is the cause. People can share ideas and no they arent alone.

Think you have it backwards seems to be Russia has a hard time leaving their neighbors alone.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Err................ Not really. All great powers, that's Russia, China, USA, have their sphere of influence and borders / resources to secure from foreign interventionists.

Russia has been under attack from outside influences for well over 150 years, it's no wonder they don't want aggressive militaries from countries who have invaded them previously to be based on their borders.

In addition to which every people has their pride and that includes the Russians. They have been isolated, demonised, cut off from the mainstream for decades and seen their state be reduced by half while watched their borders attract NATO bases on every front.

The West has literally taken the piss when it comes to Russia when we could have had a much better relationship post 1991 especially as Russia was coaxed into giving so much up and received exactly what in exchange?

PS I'm no Russia fanboy far from it, but when it comes to Russia the West could have done so much better

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

They tried it was Putin that flipped. Russia was on the way to becoming a major US partner billons were being invested and sister cities were even being set up between US and Russia. Then Putin needed an enemy so he started changing things. All dictators need an enemy to bame their problems on. And the final straw was of course his invasion of Ukraine. He went into another country with armed troops and took their stuff. This was a poor move by Putin it cost him far more then his base in Ukraine is worth.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

These gangs of malformed humans are starting to visibly
outdo Satan for the most evil you can do to somebody else.
Maybe it's some kind of signal to upstairs that pretty soon
"...no flesh would be spared."
Gotta go get ready to head to the chiropractor now.
Yeah I get to PAY for mine...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join