It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ingredient in insect repellent can kill Covid-19, MoD study finds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just seen this.

An ingredient in insect repellent can kill Covid-19, a study by the Ministry of Defence has found.

The preliminary research by scientists at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) has found that Citriodiol may kill the strain of coronavirus which causes the virus.

Jeremy Quin, the defence minister, said the latest research “shows that sprays containing Citriodiol, which has been made available to the MoD units engaged in the Covid response, can kill the virus”.

The product is made from oil from the eucalyptus citriodora tree, and can be found in several popular insect repellents, including Mosi Guard.

uk.yahoo.com...

Be interesting if this can be taken forward.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Lots of things kill the virus, even sunlight.

The thing is, can this be tolerated by humans when ingested, in dosages sufficient for effect?

Otherwise, it's just another 'sanitizer'.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The thing is, can this be tolerated by humans when ingested, in dosages sufficient for effect?

Eucalyptus oil seems to be a possible clue here, which is safe to inhale.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Considering we are still having a hard time finding alcohol and decent hand sanitizers it's a positive sign, or it's study done by the insect repellent companies lol

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Fire and lava kill it.

Nuclear weapons kill tons of it.
All the viruses not just Covid.

What im saying is you can drink the insect poison and I get to inherit earth.

So #ing stupid.
2020 is going to be the year of a billion Darwin Awards my God...

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
maybe Citronella...idk

curious...my Citronella candles....
edit on 26-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I can see that is safe when applied topically, beyond that I can't find much. Can you help?

Citriodiol is in Toxicity Category 4 (described as 'practically non-toxic' - the lowest of 4 categories) for oral, dermal and skin irritation, but in Toxicity Category 2 (described as 'moderately toxic') for eye irritation. Hence, it is generally safe to use, but care should be taken to keep it well away from the eyes - particularly with young children.

www.purpleturtle.co.uk...

Maybe something like Trump's brief love affair with oleander?

edit on 8/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Just seen this.

An ingredient in insect repellent can kill Covid-19, a study by the Ministry of Defence has found.

The preliminary research by scientists at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) has found that Citriodiol may kill the strain of coronavirus which causes the virus.

Jeremy Quin, the defence minister, said the latest research “shows that sprays containing Citriodiol, which has been made available to the MoD units engaged in the Covid response, can kill the virus”.

The product is made from oil from the eucalyptus citriodora tree, and can be found in several popular insect repellents, including Mosi Guard.

uk.yahoo.com...

Be interesting if this can be taken forward.

Yes,
It's on right now at the BBC/papers.
I'll be interesting since it is an oil.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Who cares about the NewWuFlu anymore.

I’m more interested in how we eliminate from power — the assholes that pushed this farce on us.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

WRONG AND VERY DANGEROUS INFORMATION.

THIS STUFF IS BRUTAL, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THAT.

I realise it's about as good as the average UFO photo, however this is the back of a bottle.

MAY CAUSE LUNG DAMAGE IF INHALED.

edit on 26 8 2020 by myselfaswell because: because I really enjoy editing.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The more common name for the eucalyptus citriodora is the spotted gum which is native in North Eastern Australia.

Eucalyptus oil is absolutely safe for human consumption (we use it in my 2 year olds vaporiser in her room when she has blocked sinuses).

There is a massive spotted gum forest not far from me - interestingly enough it is the only naturally occurring one in south eastern Australia, has been there 300+ years and still nobody can explain why it is there as a side note.

There are also spotted gums on a few roundabouts in my town.

Doesn't surprise me that there is a potential cure right under our nose here in Australia being ignored while we suffer a dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

WRONG AND VERY DANGEROUS INFORMATION.

THIS STUFF IS BRUTAL, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THAT.

I realise it's about as good as the average UFO photo, however this is the back of a bottle.

MAY CAUSE LUNG DAMAGE IF INHALED.

INCORRECT

It is extremely difficult to read that but I can see a section that says; STAINS, GREASE & TAR which leads me to believe it is a degreasing cleaning solution pictured which likely contains myriad dangerous chemicals. The eucalyptus oil will be there purely for the aromatics.

Please verify your information and refer to my above post in regards to it's safety.
edit on 2682020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I can see that is safe when applied topically, beyond that I can't find much. Can you help?

Citriodiol is in Toxicity Category 4 (described as 'practically non-toxic' - the lowest of 4 categories) for oral, dermal and skin irritation, but in Toxicity Category 2 (described as 'moderately toxic') for eye irritation. Hence, it is generally safe to use, but care should be taken to keep it well away from the eyes - particularly with young children.

What the bloody hell does Trump have to do with this Phage?

I thought you of all people were above dragging in the political sideshow where it does not belong....or atleast you profess to be.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

**** hand sanitizer

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

What the bloody hell does Trump have to do with this Phage?

As alleged leader of our country, quite a lot.
He touted hydroxychloroquine.
He touted oleander.
He touted convalescent plasma as a "breakthrough."

Eucalyptus oil seems right up his alley. Like injecting disinfectants? Or somehow using UV light internally?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Do you think Hydroxychloroquine is a done deal ?

Nobody with COVID-19 should be allowed to take it even if there's a chance it could save lives ?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Do you think Hydroxychloroquine is a done deal ?

I think Trump tried a "hard sell", out of turn. I think his endorsement of Stella was pretty absurd. Don't you?

Nobody with COVID-19 should be allowed to take it even if there's a chance it could save lives ?
I didn't say that.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'll have to look into Stella new to me .

I'm wondering about your comment on oleander.

Haven't seen any direct quotes from him . All there is is the my pillow guy claiming Trump said things.

You can hang a lot of stuff on Trump but that one's a little thin don't you think ? Lol

edit on 26-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

You can hang a lot of stuff on Trump but that one's a little thin don't you think ?

When considering Trump and his approach to science, not in the least.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes,
Lauric acid came to my mind as something similar, maybe an even better performer, but as an irritant it can't be ingested in it's pure form...but that doesn't mean to say...per se,
that it needs to be in it's purest form.
The PDF I wanted, is crazy long long link chain, and won't work here, I but I will link the search page, shortly.

edit on 26-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join