It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ingredient in insect repellent can kill Covid-19, MoD study finds

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Near as I can tell, MoD may have used it as a disinfectant.

The OP's source:

It found that one minute liquid suspension tests indicated that Mosi-guard Natural has anti-viral activity against Covid-19 if mixed with the virus, and said that viral studies on latex synthetic skin indicated that Mosi-guard Natural also had antiviral activity against the virus.

edit on 8/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

What the bloody hell does Trump have to do with this Phage?

As alleged leader of our country, quite a lot.
He touted hydroxychloroquine.
He touted oleander.
He touted convalescent plasma as a "breakthrough."

Eucalyptus oil seems right up his alley. Like injecting disinfectants? Or somehow using UV light internally?

Well this has come from the Ministry of Defence in the UK for starters and Eucalyptus oil is a very common substance.

UV light is apparently used on blood...sure not internally but is not a total fallacy either.

You derailed a thread about a potential treatment....from a respected agency with the inane Trump blah blah blah.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It has a very wide application of use. I am surrounded by it. All of our native forests here are eucalyptus. We spent the entire summer living in a cloud of its smoke as the bush burned. It is safe.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Treatment? Not hardly.

The OP's source:

It found that one minute liquid suspension tests indicated that Mosi-guard Natural has anti-viral activity against Covid-19 if mixed with the virus, and said that viral studies on latex synthetic skin indicated that Mosi-guard Natural also had antiviral activity against the virus.

A disinfectant. Maybe it can be injected.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Eucalyptus oil is absolutely safe for human consumption

Not according to the Royal Childrens Hospital Melbourne it isn't.

Eucalyptus Oil is highly toxic - even small ingestions of pure oil (≥ 5 mL) can lead to severe symptoms.

Like I said, Eucalyptus Oil is brutal. But if you know differently that's cool.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Check secondhand gossip is a solid source to Phage... got it I'll keep it in mind .

I want to revisit your earlier answer .....

I didn't say that

I guess my question was a little vague I'll make it more specific .

Does Hydroxychloroquine still have the chance of being beneficial .

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Fair enough, thanks for the info I will concede I was incorrect regarding pure eucalyptus oil.

That said, eucalyptus inhalant works wonders for my young daughter.

Everyday is a school day

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Does Hydroxychloroquine still have the chance of being beneficial .

There are not any results from prospective studies which indicate so. The contrary, in fact.

There are however, such studies are planned and/or in progress.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Treatment? Not hardly.

The OP's source:

A disinfectant. Maybe it can be injected.

Mosi-guard Natural® is a long lasting, plant based natural mosquito repellent, midge repellent and general insect repellent. It's a DEET free alternative to synthetic insect repellents and scientifically proven to be as effective.

A mosquito repellent oh great genius. One made of all natural ingredients at that.
edit on 2682020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And the article in the OP says it works as a disinfectant which kills the virus which causes COVID-19.

Bleach does that too.

There is nothing which implies that eucalyptus oil is a treatment for COVID-19.

You derailed a thread about a potential treatment....from a respected agency with the inane Trump blah blah blah.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
it appears that Eucalyptus Oil is used to make some medinces, that are not scientifically proven

from web MD,

Overview Information
Eucalyptus is a tree. The dried leaves and oil are used to make medicine.
People use eucalyptus for many conditions including asthma, bronchitis, plaque and gingivitis, head lice, toe nail fungus, and many others, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses. How does it work? Eucalyptus leaf contains chemicals that might help control blood sugar. It also contains chemicals that might have activity against bacteria and fungi. Eucalyptus oil contains chemicals that might help pain and inflammation. It might also block chemicals that cause asthma.
EUCALYPTUS

so it would seem that people are using it and have not suffered ill effects, and some have and have suffered ill effects.

sounds like a lot of medicines that are out there on the market now.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

That said, eucalyptus inhalant works wonders for my young daughter.

I know it does have some medicinal benefits and that's great to hear mate.

It's also great for removing permanent marker pen from white boards, if you use the wrong pen, and also getting rid of the sticky residue left on bottles and jars when you want the label removed.

edit on 26 8 2020 by myselfaswell because: because smiley face made me do it.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The OP's source:

Yes, pretty much a barrier cream of sorts.
Anyway, research as been done in the past, along the same lines..and perhaps as protection against SARS-1.

The Image below is a related search page, go to the [Unine] link listed, it's a PDF from 2013, other links may/will, be fruitful too.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

The citriodiol link, for instance you'll note on that same search page, goes back a while as do others.
www.lbc.co.uk...

edit on 26-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

edit on 26-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

There are multiple studies that disagree with your position .

The effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine is in question the issue is not settled .

The stance that the liberals, their media and even you are taking is scaring people away from a potential life-saving medication .

That's a fact .

The danger from it is overplayed .

It's been used for over 60 years my mom took it for an extended period .

Any credible study and I will say again any credible study you present me with .

Will not rule it out 100% .

Yet you sound like you are .

Why ?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Will not rule it out 100% .

Yet you sound like you are

You are mistaken. I do not rule out the possibility.

Why ?
I have seen no study which can indicate that it is better than no treatment at all. The only way to demonstrate results of significance is with randomized control groups and blinding. So far the studies which have these features show no benefit.

It has been argued that these studies don't include the "correct" samples or omit critical parts of the recommended (or suggested) protocols. This may be true, be that as it may, there are no substantial studies which can provide an indication of any level of efficacy as yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

And the article in the OP says it works as a disinfectant which kills the virus which causes COVID-19.

Bleach does that too.

There is nothing which implies that eucalyptus oil is a treatment for COVID-19.

You know what else can be used as a disinfectant? Vinegar. So can alcohol. I'd wager you've ingested atleast one of those in your time.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yep.

What's your point? That consuming mass quantities of alcohol is a treatment for COVID-19?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No, that something used as a disinfectant can also safely be ingested.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Ok.

Now how about some indication that the ingestion of eucalyptus oil would be more effective than the ingestion of alcohol as a treatment for COVID-19?

BTW, I consume quinine water several times a week (in conjunction with alcohol and lime juice). Haven't caught the COVID yet. I will continue the regimen, as is seems to work.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Ok.

Now how about some indication that the ingestion of eucalyptus oil would be more effective than the ingestion of alcohol as a treatment for COVID-19?

That is the whole premise of the OP, that a preliminary study suggests it may be an effective treatment. I'm not saying it's a silver bullet although surely this would be good news if it were?

I consume anywhere up to 24+ cans of beer a week and haven't caught it either, probably what's preventing it. I'm running with that story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join