It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why? Ketamine injected during arrests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

The artical says paramedics do and did the injection, not the police.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

The artical says paramedics do and did the injection, not the police.

Yes sir, thanks. It's making that call...

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
PS: P.D. can't order us to inject anyone either.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666
While that is true I have been in an ambulance and was questioned by the police who were riding inside and was asked questions while I was under some sort of drip. It was largely plasma since I was bleeding after being shot. It is well known that there is an injection site in the supply line of an IV that can have any number of substances injected in it during travel to the ER.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Have any of you ever done ketamine and still think it is a decent choice either under arrest or dying?

I have done it once and its an absolute no for me. Increased suggestability makes it unethical for arrest if questioning is to happen the same day and it doesn't stop awareness so for dying the person just has the inability to "act out" but all the feels of dying.

I can’t really see it being a worthy option. You never know how someone is going to react, especially when too much is given. You might as well shoot em up with liquid lysergic acid (for real, you can’t say “'___'” on here?!? People can call for the death of others, but nope, don’t mention a drug by it’s name!) and see what happens. I’ve done it a few times in the past, mostly just felt numb from head to toe, like my entire body fell asleep. I’ve been around people who have shot it up and watched them sit on a couch with their mouth hanging open and I’ve seen people snort it and start freaking out because they had no clue what to expect.

Seriously, they’re better off getting a rag and some chloroform.
edit on 24-8-2020 by Drucifer because: Ridiculous filters on here....can’t be f*cking serious.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Almost makes me want to get arrested.

Help out at farms, free food and gallons of the stuff.

It's a stupid drug to give to people in police custody, I've rescued several strangers who were seizuring or k holing after having it at festivals and they've tried to beat me up/been convinced I was the devil for stopping them getting crushed on the floor of a huge crowd and carrying them to first aid tents.

Anyone on K in custody will either throw up on police or try and beat them up.

EDIT: Just seen it's paramedics administering it. IV in jections of it and Morphine are given in serious RTA's where it's obvious the person has zero chance of surviving due to K causing the brain to flatline thus making their death 'pain free' in the UK and other countries but isn't public knowlege as technically it's assisted suicide which is illegal.
edit on 24-8-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You guys are less free than many in 3rd world sh#tholes

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I can understand why people being violent might be injected with Ketamine but I would have thought there'd be plenty of alternatives?
And I can't imagine anything anyone saying after being injected with the stuff being admissable evidence.

I remember the first time I saw anyone on Ket; borderline comatose dribbling from the mouth and I think he'd pissed himself if I remember correctly.....resembled someone being on Spice.
Scary thing was, he was supposed to be giving me a lift home the next morning.
Never appealed to me after that.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This from Quora so it is hit or miss in my view but here is what I thought was the answer in a nutshell.

“Why would ketamine be administered by law enforcement?”

Ketamine?

That’s a WHO essential medicine, but not one I think many officers have access to. There are only two reasons I can think of administering it to a suspect. One is for pain relief. It was used during the Vietnam war for surgical use. However, I have to question if an officer is qualified to administer it for this use. I haven’t dealt with it, so…

The other would be highly illegal. Heck, it would be questionable for the CIA. It could produce a state where the suspect/subject would speak freely about information. It can cause memory loss, sedation, hallucinogenic and disassociation states. However, this is clearly beyond the scope of policing or law enforcement. Though, given that torture is now legal, it might see a use in the future.

Another use would be for depression, but an officer cannot make that call. He’s not properly trained and you can NOT diagnose someone in 10 minutes. This would open him and the department up for serious repercussions.

NOTE:

Thanks to Vernon Averill, I understand why this was asked.

This was outside the area of Law Enforcement and Policing. The theory, it seems, was to calm patients down so they didn’t die. However, this drug can kill. Doctors know how to administer it, not cops.

Of course, having said this, I know local ones who do the same thing. They use their badge to force doctors, nurses, and EMTS to do what THEY want, not what is best for the patient. This is abuse of authority and dangerous, but since they’re cops, no one will challenge them.

There is also a question regarding what happened AFTER the doping. Were the patients interrogated? Sexually abused? As I said, above, the CIA has used drugs like this for interrogation. If these cops are anything like the ones I’ve seen, the drug may have had other uses, from “date rape” to interrogation. It would not be admissible to court, but it would give them reason to investigate more. Kind of like the polygraph.

This is part of what I have been preaching for a while now. Police go too far at times. They don’t want to do the job, just get the glory. The easy way. This is why so many draw their weapons at the slightest provocation. Here, we see them using drugs illegally to subdue patients.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: JON666
While that is true I have been in an ambulance and was questioned by the police who were riding inside and was asked questions while I was under some sort of drip. It was largely plasma since I was bleeding after being shot. It is well known that there is an injection site in the supply line of an IV that can have any number of substances injected in it during travel to the ER.

Sodium chloride and dextrose right away...to everyone...keeps you hydrated...anything else?

Someone of us has to call it..not the p.d. Medically, we take zero commands from police.

Oh, and Ringers lactate and any # of things.

Ketamine? Can't remember when last used...I'll think about that...

edit on 24-8-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I happen to keep a bag of LR in my kit just in case it is needed.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I would imagine that there would be some defined hand-over of such a case, between police and medical. Although the police may well be on hand, I would imagine that the paramedics would have custodial authority before administering such a powerful drug.

Also, I don't think it a good idea for someone who has been incapacitated in such a way, to then go into a police lockup, which would not have medical monitoring equipment, suitably trained staff, and access to treatments, should something go wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The first time I ever tried it was at a festival. A mate with crazy high tollerance chalked up a DVD length cm thick line with MD on top. K-coma kicked in and I went to lie down in my tent. Two very hot female aquintances (not under the influence) followed me and started making out on top of me and suggested we have a threesome. I was too bollocksed to even say yes let alone move or get my dick up so they left and I spent the next hour or two trying to stand up then faceplanting into tentpegs while ignoring mates who tried to tell me to sleep it off.

Developed Gerenalised Tonic-Clonic Epillepsy following an unrelates RTA a few years back, had matchstick ammounts a couple of times since but the effects are identical to the pre-seizure aura just before you collapse. I really can't understand the appeal for recreational use.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
You guys are less free than many in 3rd world sh#tholes

Sad reality yeah , awfull lot of people imprisoned in a nation who calls themself the land of the free.

That is a huge elephant in the room that never gets adressed... sadly.

it is no more then abusing a system for cheap labor force.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join