It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Historically Known cultures hid information about the Ice Age

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well lets have a look at that , if you smelt, iron ore you have to use coal coke or charcol, which is pure carbon, and if it gets in to the bloom then it is at least mild steel. Just depends on how long it took to do on how much carbon gets into the iron making it a steel.Its fairly obvious smelting iron out of ore goes back a lot longer judging by this iron slag heap.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Tut's dagger is not steel. It required no smelting.

Nor did the blades of the Inuit.

The native Inuit of Greenland were known to have used fragments of the massive Cape York meteorite to create harpoons and tools, and objects made from meteoric iron using cold forging (stamping and hammering the metal) have distinctive visual characteristics, known as Widmanstätten patterns.
www.extremetech.com...
edit on 8/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Amazing I have just learnt somthing interesting,i guess iron is where you find it.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's everywhere, more or less. But when it comes from space it's a lot easier to make use of.

edit on 8/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I dont know about that Bog iron is probably the easiest to get hold of a Bacteria just seems to coagulate it into nodules in certain terrain.

edit on 23-8-2020 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Possibly, i mean someone must have instructed them as to how to build those things.

As you know we would be hard-pressed to achieve such precision and scale in this day of age.

Point being there seems to be more to ancient history than is recorded, or that we are told about.

It's a good point. Narmer's burial looks considerably more advanced than anything a bunch of traveling hunter/gatherers would build.

It may not be as advanced as the Pyramids themselves, but that's a pretty lofty goal post. It's still pretty advanced by normal standards.

My theory of Narmer is that, in the wake of the drying of the Green Sahara Egypt had absorbed huge numbers of unwanted economic refugees. Tribal groups that had usually kept to themselves were forced to live in close proximity (much closer than they wanted.)

So the reason Narmer is always depicted bashing everybody with clubs is he was the "strong man" that forced all the ethnic tensions to quell.

It simultaneously would explain why Egypt was multi-ethnic, and why they valued their pharaoh so much.

And it also explains why they would leap forward in advancement so fast, because those same groups that didn't always get along, also had many ideas they hadn't previously been sharing with each other.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: andy06shake

The Pyramids are impressive, at least i find them impressive

I've never seen them in person. But I would tend to agree.

Yes they are, I've been to Egypt a number of times and Giza 5-6 times I guess. A must see but my favorite and recommended way to see Egypt is to take the train from Cairo to Aswan see the various ruins up there then float back down the Nile on a modified Felucca to Cairo or go onto Alexandria stopping at all the interesting bits. Luxor, VOK, Saqqara, Armarna, etc, etc.

www.intrepidtravel.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

This is very interesting, which puts the infilling of the Black sea at the end of the ice age , which ...wait for it was in the time of Dardanus at fifteen hundred BC. Time of the Bronze age collapse, and Sea peoples.Which suggest a civilised society along the old shore line which is about three hundred feet below the present surface, excavations at the old river mouths show sophisticated pottery, and some really nice jewelry .

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

This is very interesting, which puts the infilling of the Black sea at the end of the ice age , which ...wait for it was in the time of Dardanus at fifteen hundred BC.

The last glacial period ("ice age" means something quite different, we are currently in one.) began to end about 12,000 years ago. After that warming period ended there was generally a slow decline in global temperatures. Until quite recently. So no, not 1500 BC.

edit on 8/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The influx of water into the black sea, can be determined by the change from freshwater shellfish, to salt water shell fish, by ,carbon dating.It happened in a few decades.It happened because the Mediteranean rose first, we already know that their are cities underwater in the Med.I would say that the dating is pretty compelling.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I would say that the dating is pretty compelling.

In regard to "the end of the ice age" and 1500 BC, not so much.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Harte,

King Tut lived in the Bronze Age, he was buried with a steel dagger, thats an OOpart.

Phage handled that one.

originally posted by: anonentityA chinese general had an Aliminium belt buckle thats the same. It is... you cant deny that fact.

No. You're talking about the belt buckle of Zhou Chu. And it was silver.
Link

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Narmer's burial looks considerably more advanced than anything a bunch of traveling hunter/gatherers would build.

Why do you think Narmer was the king of a bunch of hunter/gatherers?

originally posted by: bloodymarvelousIt may not be as advanced as the Pyramids themselves, but that's a pretty lofty goal post. It's still pretty advanced by normal standards.

Surely you're thinking of something else. Narmer's tomb is a mudbrick lined pit.

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Well something caaused the rise in water, which caused the Black sea and the Med to flood and go up a hundred meters,Something caused a disruption to end the Bronze age. All these disruptions seem weather related.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well something caaused the rise in water

Yes. And it happened a lot more than 3,500 years ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

What the sea rises? not acording to mollusc carbon dating.But then its probably fake news like everything else these days.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

What the sea rises?

Yes. And falls. On various time scales.

not acording to mollusc carbon dating
Source?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Harte,

King Tut lived in the Bronze Age, he was buried with a steel dagger, thats an OOpart.

Phage handled that one.

originally posted by: anonentityA chinese general had an Aliminium belt buckle thats the same. It is... you cant deny that fact.

No. You're talking about the belt buckle of Zhou Chu. And it was silver.
Link

Harte

Hey Harte; here is another link to a better explanation of the Zhou Chu buckle

historum.com...

The second post in the thread is most informative. The source though on the old thread (9) years appears to be broken. The China History forum seems to be defunct.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

In the vid.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So no documentation available.

Bummer.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join