It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Historically Known cultures hid information about the Ice Age

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Harte

Are you sure it can be checked out and proven that Steen McIntyre stole that data, I for one think that is a load of Hooey and yes I was at first taken aback by it but now suspect it is merely a whitewash with people like yourself merely quoting dubious sources to back up your claims of superior intellectual right on the matter which in fact you most certainly do not have.
Here is another site you hate but it is quoting an article from Harpers Magazine in the 1970's from an interview with the lady in Question whose career in the field WAS most certainly damaged, I mean you would not hire her would you, she would probably disagree with you or find something out you did not want the rest of us to know about.
www.s8int.com...

Once again Come off it Harte.

She says so herself. You really don't know anything about this, do you.

I did not say her career wasn't damaged. I told you she damaged it herself, and I told you exactly how she damaged it herself.

Are you so tied to this fraudulent narrative that you can't even read? Isn't that an indication of closed-mindedness?

Have you never heard of Cynthia Irwin -Williams in the context of this site? Do you deny that as lead archaeologist she published EXACTLY the same information in her paper on the site?

How can this possibly be? How is it that the evil history cabal didn't "destroy" her career?

Harte

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte,

King Tut lived in the Bronze Age, he was buried with a steel dagger, thats an OOpart. A chinese general had an Aliminium belt buckle thats the same. It is... you cant deny that fact.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

he was buried with a steel dagger,

Iron. Not steel. Quite a difference.
Made from an iron meteorite.
No smelting required. Just heat and beat.
edit on 8/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Steel(probably not
), iron, or copper chisels and bronze levers, they pyramids are still hell of impressive, for a civilization that seems to have sprung up from nowhere somewhat fully formed dont you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

How can you say that the Egyptian Empire sprang up out of no where? The society had based its self around the very fertile Nile River. Get enough people together and a society organically happens.

Weirdly if you want to feel small about world history. People where living along the Nile River since 5500BCE. When King Tut died the Egyptian Culture was already over 4000 years old. Think about that for a minute.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

for a civilization that seems to have sprung up from nowhere somewhat fully formed

I don't think that's the case. Actually. There seems to be a rather continuous progression beginning with agrarian tribal groups.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

You need to complete the sentance pal. LoL

What i said was "a civilization that seems to have sprung up from nowhere somewhat fully formed".

Which Egypts First dynasty seems to kind of have done if the history books are to be beleved.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Possibly, i mean someone must have instructed them as to how to build those things.

As you know we would be hard-pressed to achieve such precision and scale in this day of age.

Point being there seems to be more to ancient history than is recorded, or that we are told about.
edit on 23-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

You need to complete the sentance pal. LoL

What i said was "a civilization that seems to have sprung up from nowhere somewhat fully formed".

Which Egypts First dynasty seems to kind of have done if the history books are to be beleved.

Sorry you're right I should have addressed the point you were making about how a culture just popped up. I did point out that the people of 5500BCE in that area of the world had started settling around the Nile River, and when groups of people start living, working, and most importantly trading in amongst others in an area a new culture will organically be created.

Ancient Egyptian society is so old that people have a hard time thinking about how and why it started in the first place. I'm not sure what history books you have, but the ones I have here at my house that are about the Ancient Egyptians all pretty much start out about why people started populating the area. I mean there's a good 2000 years or so before the First Dynastic Era even started of life for the people that lived in what would be called Egypt.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

As you know we would be hard-pressed to achieve such precision and scale in this day of age.

No we wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Have you seen the mistakes builders make?

I think we might, for a start its going to be the lowest bidder that gets the contract.

The Pyramids are impressive, at least i find them impressive anyhoo.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The Pyramids are impressive, at least i find them impressive

I've never seen them in person. But I would tend to agree.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No me neither, its a goal all the same.

Weans would prefer Disneyland as opposed to holiday in Egypt.

Probably cost about the same if im honest.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Sorry Phage i have to have you on this one , metorite iron cant be forged it just keeps cracking up at malable temprtures.

edit on 23-8-2020 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Let's just say our understanding as to the beginnings of ancient Egypt leave a lot to be desired unless you place your belief in the likes of Zep Tepi Theory.

Historical that would be 36,400 BC.

Not many history books around now from back then.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Sorry Phage i have to have you on this one , metorite iron cant be forged it just keeps cracking up at malable temprtures.

I suppose it might depend upon the meteorite. But you agree it wasn't steel?

After a slow start and a couple of attempts, in a coal fired hearth, to get the feel for it. I found it best to work by keeping to a high temperature and not allowing it to cool too much, it was quite manageable.

I first forged it into a small rectangular bar, Manipulated it to the rquired shape, cut off the excess which I also used to make a pendant for the clients daughter, and then formed the shape by bending the bar on edge and punched a small hole through the tail end of the dipper. The position of the seven stars were then stamped into the item, and a light clean up undertaken with a file and emery cloth.

www.iforgeiron.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Not many history books around now from back then.

I blame it on Antifa. If those idiots had not burned down the library at Alexandria our knowledge would be allot further along.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Antifa must have punted a load of those books to Ivan the Terrible, then again thats another lost library to contend with but in a different way.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Thanks for that its interesting, it might well depend on the type of meteorite. But you will still need a steel anvil and a steel hammer. The analysis of the dagger, seems to be
different than a usual meteorite, if Tuts dagger was a meteroite, then stuff would have to be added or taken away from it. It might even be a treasured artifact that was made long before Tuts time, as it would seem that part of one dagger is missing, and no record of it having been taken since given up by Tuts mummy, something less than perfect placed in his tomb goods wouldn't have been considered. Looks like it might be iron.
Also it wasn;t the only iron found in the tomb, a head dress and a bracelet were also made of iron.This vid raises some interesting questions.1600 bc they had a name for iron, and it was worth a lot more than gold.

edit on 23-8-2020 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

if Tuts dagger was a meteroite, then stuff would have to be added or taken away from it.

It matches exactly the composition of meteorites, contrary to what "Neptune's Lagoon" might have to say.

Last year, a study using X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry determined that Tutankhamun’s dagger was made with iron containing nearly 11 percent nickel and traces of cobalt: a characteristic of extraterrestrial iron found in many of the iron meteorites that have rained down on Earth for billions of years.

www.livescience.com...

And it's iron, not steel. Right?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join