It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people are exposed to 10,000 more droplets from a MASKLESS person

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
here is the link www.dailymail.co.uk...

Droplets expelled by the mouth and nose are the main way Covid-19 can spread
Scientists conducted experiments with real people and mannequins
They compared droplet levels on surfaces with and without the use of masks
'Not a single droplet' was omitted by the participants wearing a face mas

maybe people will start to listen there are 6 pics in the article speech and cough the picks show surgical mask cloth mask and no mask the results are VERY OBVIOUS

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

So let me get this straight.

If I sneeze with a mask on less droplets fly than without a mask?

That's a game changer....

The article does say that "academics" ran the experiments
edit on 17-8-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
OH NO!!!!!!

So without a mask we only have a 99.96% chance of having no symptoms or issues at all?

Better put one on, QUICK!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Because there are hundreds of communicable diseases , Wear a mask the rest of your life and keep those droplets recirculating back through your own system.

It won't be long before one of them take root and gives you a disease that sends you to the hospital...or worse.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This study is useless, they couldn't get the mannequins to play with their masks and touch their faces, nor could they get them to sneeze through the mask.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Good thing that the handlers have instructed citizens to remove their masks when they are coughing then.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I get the sarcasm... but I can't tell you how many times I have explained to my parents that, yes the virus is small enough to pass through the masks, but it is the sneezes and coughs that are contained which should limit transmission. Now, my father may have early signs of dementia, but my mom doesn't. But they both dismiss the fact that covering a mouth during a cough or sneeze might help.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
here is the link www.dailymail.co.uk...

Droplets expelled by the mouth and nose are the main way Covid-19 can spread
Scientists conducted experiments with real people and mannequins
They compared droplet levels on surfaces with and without the use of masks
'Not a single droplet' was omitted by the participants wearing a face mas

maybe people will start to listen there are 6 pics in the article speech and cough the picks show surgical mask cloth mask and no mask the results are VERY OBVIOUS

I'm glad that Daily Snail has caught up with the rest of the world in recognizing that masks are effective at stopping transmission from sick individuals BUT that still is insufficient justification for overly broad mask mandates for people showing no symptoms.

The horse is dead. You authoritarians have already won in the places you're going to and mask mandates have been issued.
edit on 8/17/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Technically if you wanted to be serious about this then face shields should be mandated.

NOT a cloth mask, a surgical mask or any mask with an exhaust valve.

Told to me by a friend who is a biologist who for years taught a class called "Transmission of Airborne Pathogens."

Most of the masks I've seen people wearing out in the real world have no real effect at all other then conditioning our populace to do what they are told to do while increasing their viral load.

edit on 17-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
so you did NOT read the article they also used REAL PEOPLE,,,,I mentioned that is my first post but you IGNORE and only talk about the mannequins

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

This study is useless, they couldn't get the mannequins to play with their masks and touch their faces, nor could they get them to sneeze through the mask.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's incredible how many people on ATS demonstrate a total lack of understanding when it comes to even the simplest of scientific matters. No, wearing a mask is not harmful to ones own health. My god if you don't want to wear a mask then simply don't and shut up about it. But knock it off with your "increased viral load" garbage.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: Bluntone22

I get the sarcasm... but I can't tell you how many times I have explained to my parents that, yes the virus is small enough to pass through the masks, but it is the sneezes and coughs that are contained which should limit transmission. Now, my father may have early signs of dementia, but my mom doesn't. But they both dismiss the fact that covering a mouth during a cough or sneeze might help.

Just do not cover your mouth with a mask because its against the rules.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
It's incredible how many people on ATS demonstrate a total lack of understanding when it comes to even the simplest of scientific matters. No, wearing a mask is not harmful to ones own health. My god if you don't want to wear a mask then simply don't and shut up about it. But knock it off with your "increased viral load" garbage.

Heard it was a sunny day in death valley.

Maybe try on your mask there and report back.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This says everything that needs to be said.
www.youtube.com...

So what happens when millions of people take off their mask
when we are allowed to reopen? Their immune systems will be
so weak by no interactions with society that was intended.
And then the real pandemic hits.
edit on 17-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Aug 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The mask also stops all those other bacteria’s and viruses that our body NEED to encounter — so we become immune to them in our younger years. So when we are older, with weaker immune systems — they won’t kill us.

Ever talk to a PHD microbiologist? I presume you haven’t.

This is futile and ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: brainwasher123

And a butt plug with some sort of filter in it.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Daily Snail!

LOL.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I may not believe this virus is as bad as they make it out to be, but it is a virus we can catch and we should take precautions in transmitting it.

I have no problem wearing a mask when I go to a store or out in public, everyone around here is wearing them because it is required. It is one of the rules our governor passed that I believe is good along with the social distancing stuff in public places. I don't like our governor, but not all the stuff she is doing is bad. She has a spoiled rich girl attitude, that is not good. She will lash back at anyone to get what she wants, and like Bill Clinton bombing Iraq when he was challenged she will punish the citizens of the state if anyone questions what she is doing.

Hopefully since Biden picked his VP she will let up a bit, I think she was trying to get approval from the countries people by exploiting our state's residents to make herself look better than she is. That crazy behavior really is not that uncommon by people in politics and bureaucracy..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join