It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people are exposed to 10,000 more droplets from a MASKLESS person

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

originally posted by: bigsnowman
It's incredible how many people on ATS demonstrate a total lack of understanding when it comes to even the simplest of scientific matters. No, wearing a mask is not harmful to ones own health. My god if you don't want to wear a mask then simply don't and shut up about it. But knock it off with your "increased viral load" garbage.

Heard it was a sunny day in death valley.

Maybe try on your mask there and report back.

I’m in the sunniest place on earth.

Temps getting as high as 124 degrees.

Wearing a mask 😷 is NOT a problem or difficult.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Masks work so well, that they even have a warning on the box that says they don't protect against disease and viruses.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
The derpiest post of the day.

If you are expelling communicable disease agents, they have already taken root and you have the disease.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Please don't use the Daily Fail as a source 👍🏼

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So fun story. A friend from college, who now works at a local lab, had conducted a few of these mask tests for different companies. After the first couple of them, I went to see him at his home. he was appalled that I wasn't wearing a mask. he showed me his studies and the test results. I simply explained that when a normal person coughs or sneezes don't they cover their mouths.

He looked dumbfounded by the idea, and said that normal human interactions are not part of the testing process.

I'm not sure what made me laugh more, the fact that he went to school for 8 years for this, or that he did work for the state. Either way that give you an idea about how useless these tests are. Of course something in front of your face will reduce spreading whatever comes out of your mouth, so will a plastic bag over your head, but people by nature don't go around coughing and sneezing into other people's faces. So then why do we wear makes again?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

a reply to: research100

Good thing that the handlers have instructed citizens to remove their masks when they are coughing then.

And of course everyone knows that when you remove the mask to eat or drink, it is impossible to cough or sneeze.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

This says everything that needs to be said.
www.youtube.com...

So what happens when millions of people take off their mask
when we are allowed to reopen? Their immune systems will be
so weak by no interactions with society that was intended.
And then the real pandemic hits.
edit on 17-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Aug 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

So what happened with this post DTM?

edit on 17-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
here is the link www.dailymail.co.uk...

Droplets expelled by the mouth and nose are the main way Covid-19 can spread
Scientists conducted experiments with real people and mannequins
They compared droplet levels on surfaces with and without the use of masks
'Not a single droplet' was omitted by the participants wearing a face mas

maybe people will start to listen there are 6 pics in the article speech and cough the picks show surgical mask cloth mask and no mask the results are VERY OBVIOUS

LOL....so they can't actually do this for the particulate size of Covid....no camera could catch the micron size like that.

I will relate it to you as I do others.

Large droplets of "spit" coming from your mouth or nose are like water balloons. The masks are like a chain link fence. What happens when a water balloon hits a chain link fence? The smaller water molecules pass right through....this would be the Covid....the balloon would be the droplet.

Unless you have a n99 or better mask.....you are doing absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I have news for you... surgical masks are to prevent transmission past the skin.

I have news for you.

After having a non compound leg fracture re set a few years ago, where there was NO OPEN WOUND, the surgeon and theatre staff ALL WORE MASKS.

Go learn.

Surgical operatories are clean rooms. Even during non surgical procedures, cleaning, and inspection people are required to mask up to protect those with open wounds and invasive surgery procedures. It's not to protect you from respiratory transmission.
edit on 8/17/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo. Glasses are at home. Woooo

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I have news for you... surgical masks are to prevent transmission past the skin.

I have news for you.

After having a non compound leg fracture re set a few years ago, where there was NO OPEN WOUND, the surgeon and theatre staff ALL WORE MASKS.

Go learn.

That is because their biggest worry is Staph Infection, and surgical masks are specifically designed so the surgeon and team do not transmit Staph to YOU.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: olaru12

Exactly.

Thin the herd

By 0.04%!

I could sent my kids to riot though, right?

I'm sorry but I can't accept numbers from someone that doesn't even know the difference between a virus and bacteria.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Are the droplets really like water balloons or might they be more like wet sponges?

Are masks really like a chain-link fence? At microscopic levels, that thin layer of material is pretty thick and not a single layer of evenly woven material.

Guess you have to take the speed of the droplets hitting the material into account as well.

I don't think you can say people are doing absolutely nothing. An earlier post even pointed out that just covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing does something.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: olaru12

But in the case of this extremely innocuous and harmless virus we have today, a mask is the cure!!!!!

The death rate from the wuflu can statistically be rounded to ZERO

Let’s shut the world

If that's your attitude, send your kids to school and let's thin the herd.

Mine are going to school.

The herd thinning will come from those that have no immunity because they hand sanitized and scrubbed their entire lives down.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Why?
Aren’t you able to tell the difference between vaporized liquids and expelled droplets?
One is bigger than the other , hint hint

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Are the droplets really like water balloons or might they be more like wet sponges?

Are masks really like a chain-link fence? At microscopic levels, that thin layer of material is pretty thick and not a single layer of evenly woven material.

Guess you have to take the speed of the droplets hitting the material into account as well.

I don't think you can say people are doing absolutely nothing. An earlier post even pointed out that just covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing does something.

As far as I have ever found, skin is much less permeable than a mask, so if you cover a sneeze or cough with you hand then yes, it would likely stop more.

And sponge or balloon doesn't matter. Whatever is contained inside that is smaller than the thing it hits, still passes through.

Sneezes are roughly 100mph.....even if 5mph, that will sufficiently push a Covid particle right through a mask.

Like I said....unless you have a n99 or above mask.....you are not doing a damn thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's incredible how many people on ATS demonstrate a total lack of understanding when it comes to even the simplest of scientific matters. No, wearing a mask is not harmful to ones own health. My god if you don't want to wear a mask then simply don't and shut up about it. But knock it off with your "increased viral load" garbage.

Only a real pussy(sorry for the language) would claim.."It's too hard" been working for days in the 90s with the mask, along with the co workers.
edit on 17-8-2020 by vonclod because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
People are supposed to eliminate those droplets, that’s why you sneeze or cough to begin with! To get that crap out of your system! Wearing a mask just has you inhaling back in the bacteria and viruses your body is working to expel.

Might as well put a plug in your rear when you try to take a dump. Hey look, no poo comes out when you put a plug in your butt...That must be healthier since it’s cleaner!

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A water balloon and a sponge don't splatter the same. It does make a difference.

The thickness of the barrier and the weave also matter. Your choice of examples for your illustration is skewed to arrive at the preconceived conclusion.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Ha....would love to see a full work day video of you outside in 124 degree weather with a mask on....no pulling below nose or off unless eating/drinking.

My guess is you would have heat exhaustion in less then a hour and likely be unconscious because of the inhibited airflow.

I do wonder about the care for those that have claustrophobia too.....guess they don't matter.....

What's next? Filtered paper straws?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
A water balloon and a sponge don't splatter the same. It does make a difference.

The thickness of the barrier and the weave also matter. Your choice of examples for your illustration is skewed to arrive at the preconceived conclusion.

So if I have a wet sponge or a balloon filled with water and throw them at a chain link fence.....what will pass through?

If you are correct, then why are there different rated masks? Why a cloth, surgical, n95, n99, etc.....?

Oh....that's right.....because they are rated specifically for the size of microns of particulate matter....silly me.
edit on 8/17/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join