It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people are exposed to 10,000 more droplets from a MASKLESS person

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: solve

originally posted by: bigsnowman
It's incredible how many people on ATS demonstrate a total lack of understanding when it comes to even the simplest of scientific matters. No, wearing a mask is not harmful to ones own health. My god if you don't want to wear a mask then simply don't and shut up about it. But knock it off with your "increased viral load" garbage.

Heard it was a sunny day in death valley.

Maybe try on your mask there and report back.

I’m in the sunniest place on earth.

Temps getting as high as 124 degrees.

Wearing a mask 😷 is NOT a problem or difficult.

You must be an indoors person LOL.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: solve

It's incredible how many people on ATS demonstrate a total lack of understanding when it comes to even the simplest of scientific matters. No, wearing a mask is not harmful to ones own health. My god if you don't want to wear a mask then simply don't and shut up about it. But knock it off with your "increased viral load" garbage.

Heard it was a sunny day in death valley.

Maybe try on your mask there and report back.

I’m in the sunniest place on earth.

Temps getting as high as 124 degrees.

Wearing a mask 😷 is NOT a problem or difficult.

You must be an indoors person LOL.

Definitely doesn't work outside even without a mask, 124 would be very heat stroke worthy.
edit on 8/17/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Who said you are dealing with a chain-link fence? Only you, because it helps your argument. That was pretty much my point.

Who said I was right or wrong? I said there are other factors to take into account. Will a particulate eventually go through a porous material and come out the other side? Yes, but the question is how fast.

There are many questions that need to be answered before one can honestly say wearing a mask does nothing. I mean you can say it all you want but...

edit on 17-8-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Who said you are dealing with a chain-link fence? Only you, because it helps your argument. That was pretty much my point.

Who said I was right or wrong? I said there are other factors to take into account. Will a particulate eventually go through a porous material and come out the other side? Yes, but the question is how fast.

There are many questions that need to be answered before one can honestly say wearing a mask does nothing. I mean you can say it all you want but...

Ok...use chicken wire and do the same.

You obviously have NO clue as to how masks work and why there are different levels of them.

If you do, you would understand why there are surgical masks, N95 and N99 masks and so forth.

Please don't spew ignorance.

If i throw a wet sponge or a water balloon at a fence....hell...even a silt fence....the smaller particles will go through at the same speed the larger object hits the fence.

Seriously.....do some science and try to understand how this works.

There is a reason for particulate levels in masks.....and it is because they actually filter and block the micron size of particles trying to pass through.

But cool......wear your neat looking homemade mask....either way, Covid is nothing to be worried about.

I am looking forward to the 2021 numbers on how many died of flu and pneumonia compared to the previous years.....
edit on 8/17/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

And it has nothing to do with how fast it will go through. If it is smaller than the actual "blocker" then it will pass through at the same speed as transmission.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Flu and pneumonia deaths are being counted as "covid-19" deaths in some states. In fact nobody knows the real numbers to any of this. Last week Inslee blatantly stated that Washington state only counts positive tests and not and test that show up as negative.

Why does this matter, well a woman up here keeps testing positive at those check point test sites, but her lab work says that she's negative. Since she has tested positive for "covid 19" three times, the count in her county has that as three positive tests, but since she tested negative for SARS Corona Type-2 those positive tests should have been ignored. The state hasn't fixed the numbers and are not going to since the state ignores all negative test results.

I want to add this statement, though it has nothing to do with the above statement;
The SARS Corona type-2 virus is a very real thing and it can cause bad things to happen to you if you catch it. It's just as real as the SARS Corona Type-1, and MERS, but your chances of coming into contact with it outside of a lab is so small that it really can be ignored.

The real threat that is coming out of China right now is the Pneumonic Plague, but lets not talk about that since no one in the media wants to address something that has wiped out 80-90 percent of the worlds population during human history.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I made a mask out of window screen and one piece of one ply toilet paper. Wrote on it “mostly politics”.
And it’s just as effective as anything anyone else is wearing.

Aerosol or droplet infection through the respiratory track has not been proven to date.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

I'm guessing you're familiar with an image such as this?

What you probably see is the masked petri dish containing anything, preventing a spread of bacteria and viruses, while the unmasked petri dish shows the bacteria and viruses spreading. Am I correct in that assumption?

What I see is different, however. What I see, on the right, without a mask are the lungs working as they should: expelling things out of and away from the body. However, when you put on a mask, you turn the inside into that petri dish. A nice warm, moist place for the bacteria and viruses to grow, reproduce, and be breathed back in.

I will wear a mask if I want or need to go into a business that requires it, however it goes on right as I walk through the door and comes off just as fast on the way out.

a reply to: carsforkids
a reply to: KKLOCO

Yes! Those are also an excellent points for why the masks are causing more long term damage! Thank you for thinking critically and reasonably. It's far between for that in today's world it seems.

a reply to: alldaylong

False equivalency, but solid attempt! Here's your award!

a reply to: KansasGirl

Typing this reply as I go through the thread, so someone may have already beaten me to it. Are you referring to this video?

a reply to: Guyfriday

Well, if they included normal, daily interactions then they probably wouldn't get the results that they wanted, now would they?

Not to mention that mask also needs to be fit tested, worn properly, and clean. Otherwise it's just as ineffective!

a reply to: spacedoubt

Smoke particulates are in the 250-450 nm range. The Chinese virus is about 100 nm in size.

If the larger particulates can get out or pass through it goes within reason to say they can pass the other way as well.

a reply to: vonclod

Congraulations! Here is a medal for your bravery.

a reply to: daskakik

Don't be so sure about that. They look similar to me.

Of course, the balloons are a bit larger, but both splatter good, providing fair amounts of droplets from large to small.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

So, just to add to a small portion of your post....

Two friends in my neighborhood.....one has been holed up at his lakehouse 20 miles from me for the last 5 or 6 months. He is married and he and his wife have both been there and "active" together. He started to feel sick....both went at the same time and got the rapid test and antibody test. He tested positive on the rapid, she did not. Both tested negative on antibody.

2nd story.....other neighbor....her coworker got a text and a call that he tested positive. He never got tested.

On another note, coronavirus is also the common cold....i would love to know what tests specifically targeted Covid19 versus coronavirus.

I'd bet flu and pneumonia are next to nothing in the final numbers, but I would also bet if you add the coronavirus deaths in they would be pretty much the same as they have been.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Quoted for hilarity.

Poster doesn't understand what "viral load" means.

So everyone else is stupid.

Yes, it is incredible how ignorant people on ATS can be.

Well, at least you're self-aware.

Looks like I am the only one in this conversation that is.

Now let me see....

Trust a guy with a degree in what we are talking about that used to teach about airborne transmission of pathogens...

Or just go with the opinion of a snarky snowman on the internet.

Decisions, decisions....

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
But you are not taking into account the thickness of the "fence" just the pore size.

Do you think that if you increase the height and width of the mask material the length stays the same?

So, a 10um droplet becomes the size of a 10cm water balloon then 1mm thickness of mask material becomes 10m thick. Do you really expect the water from a water balloon to travel 10m through a honeycomb lattice and come out the other end at the same speed?

Also, is it a single woven layer or is it like a sponge? These are the things that you are tossing aside to come to your conclusion.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Are they going to lock me up again ?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Only responding to my part:

Yep.....maybe the local fire department will start doing it.....like baby seats....

It amazes me how sheeple folks become.

I see folks pulling their masks down to have a smoke....LOL!

Hell....their cigarette filter likely filters more covid than a homemade mask....LOL

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

The water balloon releases all the water with a bit more outward expansion because of the elasticity of the rubber.

The sponges release only part of their content and in the case of a mask, would cling to the material and then push (or have pulled) some of the water through capillary action. Not the same as having the water fly through.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

But you are not taking into account the thickness of the "fence" just the pore size.

Do you think that if you increase the height and width of the mask material the length stays the same?

So, a 10um droplet becomes the size of a 10cm water balloon then 1mm thickness of mask material becomes 10m thick. Do you really expect the water from a water balloon to travel 10m through a honeycomb lattice and come out the other end at the same speed?

Also, is it a single woven layer or is it like a sponge? These are the things that you are tossing aside to come to your conclusion.

So now you kinda get it....how many layers are in your homemade mask? How many in a surgical mask? How many in a N95 or N99?

It is kind of why they are rated at their levels.

But cool....go on looking like a tool with a homemade cloth mask or a CVS Walgreens special and truly hope it works....

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

"Say it, don't spray it."
-Plato

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I saw this back in February it was supposed to be from China .

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hopefully since Biden picked his VP she will let up a bit, I think she was trying to get approval from the countries people by exploiting our state's residents to make herself look better than she is. That crazy behavior really is not that uncommon by people in politics and bureaucracy..

Biden didn't pick her because he was afraid she would put him in a nursing home.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: rickymouse

Hopefully since Biden picked his VP she will let up a bit, I think she was trying to get approval from the countries people by exploiting our state's residents to make herself look better than she is. That crazy behavior really is not that uncommon by people in politics and bureaucracy..

Biden didn't pick her because he was afraid she would put him in a nursing home.

Ummm....she all but called him a racist and then got pissed when he said the only black woman senate member endorsed him......she was sworn in as Indian so Joe was actually correct.....though I hate to admit it.

Anywho.....this ticket will go down in flames as likely one of the worst to ever have been nominated.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No, you totally missed it.

Even a single layer of 1mm t-shirt material becomes 10m thick if you want to use your water balloon analogy and water isn't just going to fly out of the other end of a 10m thick barrier.

My point is about your flawed analogy and not whether homemade or CVS masks work as well as N95 masks.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join