It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Our Own Police! - Gov Huckabee on what a Biden-Harris 2020 win would look like

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
A republican is telling you about the "obvious" challenges you will have to endure under his opponents.

Tooootally unbiased, this thing.

Whoever believes this, please do not spend *all* your money on pyramid schemes, dude!

/hilarious

Thanks for pointing out that brainwashing really is a thing. People do need to be aware of that, so thank you.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

To protect free people from the whims of what may someday become a tyrannical government

Gotta call you on this quote.
Dude really?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
a reply to: Chance321

Maybe they can send unarmed counselors to take the guns away.

Technically if a social worker has to go into an environment that they consider unsafe, they are required to bring along an armed police officer.

As they are not trained to respond with force to a threat.

Guess that will get changed too...

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
a reply to: Chance321

Maybe they can send unarmed counselors to take the guns away.

Can we nominate the gun taker squad? I know some people with the perfect qualifications for the job.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

To protect free people from the whims of what may someday become a tyrannical government

Gotta call you on this quote.
Dude really?

A little too much drama?

Probably - I was exhausted and running on coffee and fumes when I posted it.

But for what it's worth it isn't my line. It was one of our founding fathers who wrote that when the Bill of RIghts was first being drafted for a meeting of the 1st Continental Congress to adopt & ratify the new US Constitution.

Was it Thomas Jefferson who said "The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from to time with the blood of Patriots"?

If so, he get's my vote as the original author.

Maybe someone else has a better memory of Colonial history than I do. If so - please correct me.

ETA - Never mind. I see that your post wasn't even directed at me. lol - I really am tired.

Carry on...

edit on 8/16/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Riffrafter

Oh, I thought the general consensus was that being armed means you don't need police to protect you.

Surely by the time the police arrive the crime has already been committed right?

Well, except for crimes like child abuse or spousal rape. Those go on and on. A woman who’s having the # beaten out of her by her ex-husband would be thrilled by the pre-recorded message to call back after 9 a.m. Monday morning.

Or some kid locked in a monster’s basement and tortured every night for years. Maybe if she breaks free, she’ll benefit from a social worker helping her calm down while Buffalo Bill cuts the electricity and puts on his night vision goggles.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
An interesting, but wrong, perspective. Biden is not for defunding the police and Harris is a prosecuter. That part of the Democrats lost in the primaries. Even CNN just posted an article about why defunding the police is a bad idea.
edit on 16pmSun, 16 Aug 2020 19:09:00 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The latest CNN poll shows Trump and Biden in a virtual tie.

nypost.com...

In reality, President Trump is several points of head of Joe Biden because of how Democrat oriented CNN's polls are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join