It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Morality pills’ may be the US’s best shot at ending the coronavirus pandemic,

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: myselfaswell

From what I have been Hearing , it seems to Only have a Possible Deadly " Effect on " People of or Above 78 Years of Age . I would surmise from that those Individuals Under that Age Bracket would have NO PROBLEM in either Preventing ANY Infection in the First Place do to their Healthy Immune Systems , or " Weather " The Storm " of an Infection and Recover from it . I Could be Wrong about that though , I am Only Human .........)

My dad and mom are both 76. Dad was tested positive for covid-19 ten days ago. He’s had fever and aches. That’s it. Mom has had zero symptoms. She’s been quarantined in the house with him for ten days, caring for him, all mixed up in it. And she either hasn’t gotten it, though she sleeps in the same bed with the man, or she has/had it and the virus isn’t the scary Incredible Hulk deadly as our “leaders” want us to believe. I know quite a few others who have been positive and had no or very mild symptoms, who also apparently didn’t spread it to those with whom they live.

Love Conquers All , Including COVIDS-19 . .)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Psilocybin for everyone!

Wouldn't be the first time an oddball had suggested such a thing.

I’m in!!
Studies say it’ll be a fun time all around

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There does seam to be a lack of morality in confronting covid as fear and special interest have taken advantage of the situation. It would be nice if it was as simple to fix as a pill. When dealing with pathological lairs and psychopaths it just does not look that easy.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

“And if ever, by some unlucky chance, anything unpleasant should somehow happen, why, there's always soma to give you a holiday from the facts. And there's always soma to calm your anger, to reconcile you to your enemies, to make you patient and long-suffering. In the past you could only accomplish these things by making a great effort and after years of hard moral training. Now, you swallow two or three half-gramme tablets, and there you are. Anybody can be virtuous now. You can carry at least half your morality about in a bottle. Christianity without tears–that's what soma is.”

― Huxley, Aldous, Brave New World
I could use a few bottles of that stuff

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
MDMA is illegal.

If they want to change that and make it available for people in the name of society, I’m all for it.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

WTF ? Are You Crazy ? MDMA is the Most Powerful Mind Altering Drug Created by Man ! Ah , you Got Any Bro > ? .....)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

defectors who need moral enhancement are also the least likely to sign up for it. As some have argued, a solution would be to make moral enhancement compulsory or administer it secretly, perhaps via the water supply.

Anyone that thinks this is just some made up fantasy that could never happen obviously doesn't know about the extensive covert work of the CIA in the 50's and 60's regarding mind control and population suppression.

They poisoned an entire town in France with l.s.d in 1951.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

How did that work out?
Did it go according to plan?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

How did that work out?
Did it go according to plan?

Kinda depends on what the "plan" was, right?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Ok, skip the second part.
Did everyone be nice to each other afterwards? That's what the oddball who wrote the article in the OP is suggesting would happen.

edit on 8/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Anyone that thinks this is just some made up fantasy

The problem I suppose is not so much people thinking that it can't happen. It's the weak and fearful people wanting it to happen, as well as people who can profit from it wanting it to happen too.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Ok, skip the second part.
Did everyone be nice to each other afterwards? That's what the oddball who wrote the article in the OP is suggesting would happen.

I think the better question is has the US government ever performed covert unethical human studies/tests on both small and large populations, both at home and abroad?
The answer is yes.

Would/could they do something like that in present times?
Without a doubt...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Well, there are laws against that now, whereas in the past there were not.
But sure, maybe they are psycedelisizing us and no one is noticing. I've done it on purpose, and it ain't this.

edit on 8/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think I've done enough psychoactive drugs in my life that I think I'd know if I was on one...

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Perhaps they could give everyone nootropics to raise their intelligence levels?

But then, also probably more of them would achieve higher levels of education and intellectual endeavor, and become those academics and liberals.

edit on 15/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman
This seems a bit intrusive in the context of battling the pandemic, but I actually like the idea of treating people to have a greater capacity for morality. Imagine what the world would be like if we started with every politician and billionaire on the planet.

It's more than a bit intrusive to suggest secretly dosing the water supply with a drug which alters brain chemistry. As you say the idea of a "morality pill" isn't necessarily a bad idea, it could help people who have trouble feeling empathy such as sociopaths. The fundamental flaw with the thinking presented in this article is the logic "if someone doesn't want to comply with Covid-19 rules it must be because they lack morality or empathy" because that simply isn't true. We're painted as if we're grandma-hating lunatics who don't care about anyone, but that is obviously not true at all.

My capacity to feel empathy is already so high it can cause me problems, I wont even kill an ant because I can imagine what it's like to be the ant and maybe in another life I was an ant. Hell, maybe all conscious experiences are just the same life separated by what we call death. I cannot know the answers to these questions so I treat them all as a real possibility. I can empathize with almost anyone and imagine what it's like to be in their shoes, it doesn't matter if that person has completely the opposite beliefs to me, I will still try to be friendly (unless we're debating in the mudpit lol).

The left seems to have this belief that right wing ideologies arise from a lack of morality. They just want lower taxes because all they care about is making themselves rich, they oppose things like a basic income and free universal healthcare because they are greedy old white men who lack empathy for others. Increasing my level of empathy even higher would not change my political beliefs because I believe the most prosperous societies with the highest standards of living are those which encourage innovation and respect free market principles. The result is economic growth, less unemployment, and more tax revenue for the government without having to increase taxes.

Having more empathy also wouldn't change my stance on Covid-19 because I fundamentally believe that Over-flattening the curve only prolongs the suffering and prevents herd immunity. The most logical and humane solution in my view is to allow everyone to get back to work, get kids back to school, while following reasonable safety precautions to prevent overwhelming any hospitals. Simply don't visit your grandparents if you're worried. It is very clear that herd immunity is working in places which were hard hit by Covid-19, this suffering will all end when we allow herd immunity to occur at a safe pace. Instead many places are trying to flatten the curve until there is no curve, like NZ.

NZ is in a very precarious situation right now because they'll have to open their borders at some point, and the moment they do they'll feel the full force of Covid-19 because virtually no one there has immunity. I'm guessing they'll wait for a vaccine but unless they force people to take it I'm not sure how effective it will actually be at preventing them experiencing a Covid-19 wave. People are reaching the boiling point and that's clear with all these riots and other chaos happening around the world. At some point we have to acknowledge the very real possibility that our overblown fear-based response to Covid-19 has actually resulted in more suffering than it has prevented.

I would suggest that maybe those people who dismiss this widespread suffering and angst are actually the people who need a bit more empathy, the ability to really grasp the widespread economic destruction which has ruined countless lives. Those who constantly signal how much virtue they have often turn out to be exactly the opposite of what they claim. The person who wrote this ridiculous article clearly needs a taste of their own medicine if they cannot realize how sociopathic this plan sounds. It expresses a deep disregard for basic human rights and tries to portray it as being morally justified. Drugging people until they all sing songs and hold hands may sound nice but it's plainly evil.
edit on 15/8/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yikes

That is concerning that they are being so brazen about their desires.

That’s not God, that’s a bug-eyed pervert.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Wasn't this the premise of the Movie Serenity (of the Firefly franchise)?

They should just call it "The Pax", add it to the air processor and then later wonder why a small percentage of people go insane like deranged sedative opposites.

We meant the best, now everyone's going insane and killing each-other!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Reevers!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Soma for everyone!!!

Then we won't care about covid23, or whichever bug of the week we're going to fear in the future!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join