It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Morality pills’ may be the US’s best shot at ending the coronavirus pandemic,

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm not going to lie, it's difficult to know where to start with this.

The title of this thread is the title of the article. It was published in Phys.org on the 10th August and originally, on the same day, in The Conversation.

The sub-heading is;

A psychoactive substance to make you act in everyone’s best interest?

Link to The Conversation is here

The premise of the article is that people who do not comply with covid rules should be drugged until they do comply. Possibly one of the biggest eyewateringly colossal ironies I've ever seen is that this article has been written by a Bioethicist.

From the outset, the article distorts the truth and ignores the facts. It's dishonesty is staggering

COVID-19 is a collective risk. It threatens everyone, and we all must cooperate to lower the chance that the coronavirus harms any one individual.

This opening sentence, to me, reveals the truth by deception. What it's really saying is, I need to be in control of your life and I'm going to make you do as I say.

it seems the problem of coronavirus defectors could be solved by moral enhancement: like receiving a vaccine to beef up your immune system, people could take a substance to boost their cooperative, pro-social behavior. Could a psychoactive pill be the solution to the pandemic?

The idea of prescribing drugs to people to enforce some sort of crazy conformance is pretty bad right?

Well it gets worse;

defectors who need moral enhancement are also the least likely to sign up for it. As some have argued, a solution would be to make moral enhancement compulsory or administer it secretly, perhaps via the water supply.

I knew things were bad, but seriously, this is almost a declaration of civil war.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

OR .....................A Persons Own Natural Immune System that they Already Own and Do Not have to Buy .........

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

OR .....................A Persons Own Natural Immune System that they Already Own and Do Not have to Buy .........

Exactly, and that's my opening point. The article says that covid affects everybody, we know this is a lie yet it is used to justify the argument to drug people by deception.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Are we surprised?
I'm not.
But I've read a lot about Delgado and associates.
Also wouldn't be surprised if something like that, making the masses ask for this, was the reason for the corona-guff from the start.
All of those control freaks would love that pill, a bestseller from China, via Europe, Russia and Africa to the Americas. Finally something all world leaders could get behind.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yikes

That is concerning that they are being so brazen about their desires.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I believe the best way to move past covid is to infect everyone and be done with it. Everything tried so far is only an attempt to slow it down. There has never been a vaccine against a retrovirus in 80 years simply because it mutates so fast.

How would this "medication" help me rip the bandaid off of society as that is the only moral option?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Like many terms nowadays, "bioethics" is laden with doublespeak.

Do note too.. That Fauci's wife has an interesting position.

The current plan is to control, inventory, and track nearly everyone and everything on the face of the planet. Making the population more compliant to this is the goal, marketed under the auspices of "public health."

Biggest hurdle to preventing the dystopian nightmare, imo, is that many peoples minds have been weaponized to essentially be biological extensions of the media cycle. Of those that arent, many are content to be voyeurs of the whole situation online, or the opposite; ready to go "hot."

Quite the tricky situation. Articles like this are just planting seeds.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Psilocybin for everyone!

Wouldn't be the first time an oddball had suggested such a thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So if the number of total confirmed cases worldwide is a little over two million, over nine months roughly, how long will it take to infect the entire world population of over seven billion?

I'm not doing the math, someone else can.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

I believe the best way to move past covid is to infect everyone and be done with it. Everything tried so far is only an attempt to slow it down. There has never been a vaccine against a retrovirus in 80 years simply because it mutates so fast.

Watch the first minute or so of this video. Listen to what he says, .....first wave of vaccines, then the second.........

There's a # storm of the horizon.

edit on 14 8 2020 by myselfaswell because: vid probs

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

“And if ever, by some unlucky chance, anything unpleasant should somehow happen, why, there's always soma to give you a holiday from the facts. And there's always soma to calm your anger, to reconcile you to your enemies, to make you patient and long-suffering. In the past you could only accomplish these things by making a great effort and after years of hard moral training. Now, you swallow two or three half-gramme tablets, and there you are. Anybody can be virtuous now. You can carry at least half your morality about in a bottle. Christianity without tears–that's what soma is.”

― Huxley, Aldous, Brave New World

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

From what I have been Hearing , it seems to Only have a Possible Deadly " Effect on " People of or Above 78 Years of Age . I would surmise from that those Individuals Under that Age Bracket would have NO PROBLEM in either Preventing ANY Infection in the First Place do to their Healthy Immune Systems , or " Weather " The Storm " of an Infection and Recover from it . I Could be Wrong about that though , I am Only Human .........)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Prioritize who should get the vaccine first based on a website database? Database? Of everyone in the country/world?

I think Gates has been smoking something from the labs he's funding.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This is chilling right to the bone!
And nothing shocks me in the realm of scientific sin.
But this is pure evil. Come quickly my Lord in the name
of Christ I do so pray.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I do hope you see before it is to late the obstacle your intelligence
has become. Do you really think you're so smart that you can ignore
what's well on it's way? Do you even watch with an open mind? What's
going on is far more worthy of your attention than anything else in this life.
I suggest you at the very least realize that much. Because my promise to you
is once is to late you're completely f@#k@d.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That's unethical as hell, WTF. There's no way to wedge in legitimacy via ethics OR morality for forced mass mind control. And people who think there is deserve the Blood Eagle for the gall.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
“Moral Enhancement” brought to by the purveyors of
“Moral Vandalism”. Seems to me the Ministry of Truth is hard at work updating our collective euphemisms....

“Words are violence” “arson is good trouble” etc. etc.

edit on 14-8-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Psilocybin for everyone!

Wouldn't be the first time an oddball had suggested such a thing.

I think that started somewhere in, 'Ethics of the Ordinary' a title itself not a good idea, when you consider it is talking about your doctor tailoring your needs to you, (which sounds kind of goodish) with the material in their remit, in this case a drug treatment, the bloody thing about that is that, more and more drugs get taken off the market, than come into it, and that's where we are right now. GP's are getting a bad deal these days, this drug, that drug being pushed at them, only to see it getting pulled off the market.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

From what I have been Hearing , it seems to Only have a Possible Deadly " Effect on " People of or Above 78 Years of Age . I would surmise from that those Individuals Under that Age Bracket would have NO PROBLEM in either Preventing ANY Infection in the First Place do to their Healthy Immune Systems , or " Weather " The Storm " of an Infection and Recover from it . I Could be Wrong about that though , I am Only Human .........)

My dad and mom are both 76. Dad was tested positive for covid-19 ten days ago. He’s had fever and aches. That’s it. Mom has had zero symptoms. She’s been quarantined in the house with him for ten days, caring for him, all mixed up in it. And she either hasn’t gotten it, though she sleeps in the same bed with the man, or she has/had it and the virus isn’t the scary Incredible Hulk deadly as our “leaders” want us to believe. I know quite a few others who have been positive and had no or very mild symptoms, who also apparently didn’t spread it to those with whom they live.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This seems a bit intrusive in the context of battling the pandemic, but I actually like the idea of treating people to have a greater capacity for morality. Imagine what the world would be like if we started with every politician and billionaire on the planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join