It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut hit by massive explosion wounding several and damaging buildings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I guess i shouldnt be surprised anymore

I'm certainly not.

In that part of the world if a fart is unclaimed it belongs to Israel.
edit on 8 4 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

On this one you can see what looks like fireworks going off right before the BIG UN.

twitter.com...

Trying to find some pics of the aftermath closer to the epicenter.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
BBC report Lebanons chief of security says the cause was "highly explosive material,but NOT explosives."
Im not sure how that can be deduced at this stage but thats what they rekon.

Whatever caused it,its going to have serious repurcussions on the country which was in dire straights before this happened.

Edit:

Isreal have said they are not responsible for the explosion.
edit on 4/8/2020 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
BBC report Lebanons chief of security says the cause was "highly explosive material,but NOT explosives."
Im not sure how that can be deduced at this stage but thats what they rekon.

Whatever caused it,its going to have serious repurcussions on the country which was in dire straights before this happened.

Edit:

Isreal have said they are not responsible for the explosion.

Well, they certainly won't have use of that port for a long time.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

#Lebanese Army Major General Ibrahim “it appears that the explosion occurred in a store of high explosive materials confiscated for years”

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That first one looked like fireworks but that second one was no way fireworks. Fireworks don't cause buildings to fall and in most cases windows to blow out and was felt 12 miles away.

I'm guessing the fireworks blast was a set up to trigger the bomb!

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah sure they do
With Lebanon at the moment it's verging on a failed state, anything could send it into a factions based war like the 70's / 80's, fingers crossed coll heads prevail. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Iranian's weren't using the place though as storage for their 120,000 missiles stored in Lebanon indeed it might be a dual purpose factory like so many in Iran

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight

#Lebanese Army Major General Ibrahim “it appears that the explosion occurred in a store of high explosive materials confiscated for years”

twitter.com...

Wow..someones gonna get the sack.

Where should we store all these explosives we confiscated from terrorists over years?
I know-at the main port,that'll be nice and safe.

Crazy.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Whatever that is, you wouldn't want to be breathing it in.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

That first one looked like fireworks but that second one was no way fireworks. Fireworks don't cause buildings to fall and in most cases windows to blow out and was felt 12 miles away.

You do know the main ingredient in fireworks to make them go boom are the same used in a lot of bombs right?

Why are people so dead set this COULDNT possibly be a large storage of accelerants that went off?

Fireworks ARE bombs.....
edit on 8/4/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That second one isn't fireworks and yes i do know a whole bunch of fireworks can create a bomb like effect but Just my opinion that the second explosion wasn't fireworks!

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

You do know the main ingredient in fireworks to make them go boom are the same used in a lot of bombs right?

Why are people so dead set this COULDNT possibly be a large storage of accelerants that went off?

Fireworks ARE bombs.....

Because people are naive and think the only thing that could possibly generate concussive force like that is military grade stuff. As if we've never seen Chinese firework factories go up in massive blasts before or anything. Or even in the US, we've had a few desert production facilities go massively kaboom before stateside, FFS. Tennessee had an illegal hidden factory once, it went boom back in the 80's. Benson, Bendon, something like that. They heard that MIIIILES away back then.

Naive is naive, I guess.
edit on 8/4/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Edit: Sorry, scratch the desert facility thing, I'm thinking of something else, chemical factories, probably. Ohio seems to hold the reigns for State Numero Uno for history of firework facility booms. For the most part, firework disasters are simply scattered around the country.

It's WIkipedia, but whatever, I'm feeling lazy today.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8/4/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Yes a smaller explosion (fireworks? decoy?) and then a much larger more controlled one. Like stored munitions.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Seeing quite a few dead in those videos. The Port is destroyed.

Who made these decisions for storage?

----

edit on 4-8-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Cos fireworks have colours and there were no colours in the initial explosions to be seen

That’s why, simple and obvious in my opinion
That and Palestine are likely not allowed fireworks because they are rockets, bloody hell, common sense must be uncommon, hezbollah rocket Israel and could use fireworks as propellants

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Gotta say I first saw this on Twitter, just the video and before I checked the news I thot aught Israel had detonated a nuke.

2020 just needs to end

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Cos fireworks have colours and there were no colours in the initial explosions to be seen

That’s why, simple and obvious in my opinion
That and Palestine are likely not allowed fireworks because they are rockets, bloody hell, common sense must be uncommon, hezbollah rocket Israel and could use fireworks as propellants

Daytime fireworks look a LOT less colorful during the day, too. Just pointing it out, I live in a state where people set them off all year round & I've done my share poking fun at it. Really, what's the effing point of setting them off during the day? You can't see anything worthwhile, Michigan!

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Some good videos at the top of the guardian page.

Looks a lot different to gunpowder going off.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Gotta say I first saw this on Twitter, just the video and before I checked the news I thot aught Israel had detonated a nuke.

2020 just needs to end

Were absolutely not surprised that YOU automatically thought Israel nuked someone.........

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Fireworks ARE bombs.....

Too right
This may go down as an accident but Hezbollah are known to store their Iranian weaponry in such buildings. In addition to which Bibi earlier threatened to attack Hezbollah after his raid on Syria last night www.dailystar.com.lb...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join