It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut hit by massive explosion wounding several and damaging buildings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Fireworks go off or weapons going off in the first fire
Guessing a weapons storage destroyed by Israel

And, while it was a big explosion, maybe the water lifted around the shock wave made it look worse, or like a nuke. It was pretty bad

No one in their right mind would store fireworks next to chemical fertiliser would they

Thats not categorically true at all.........its not a cartoon.......yes fireworks stands and factories can do that........but not necessarily a manufacturing plant.....especially if it was started where the accelerates were at.........an explosion that size would just level the building

Guessing a weapons storage destroyed by Israel

Barely an hour and less than a page on ATS and people are already blaming Israel........good christ.......and based on absolutely ZERO information or facts AT ALL yet to boot

I guess i shouldnt be surprised anymore
edit on 8/4/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/4/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Woah woah woah... that is one of the most Hollywood explosions I ever seen.
Perhaps a fueling line for big ships have erupted and ignited.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Anyone know what type of chemicals cause that reddish smoke? I could imagine enough fireworks doing that with all the chemicals in them to make particular colors. I found this on youtube of a chemical plant in Nevada that produceda similar color smoke.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I don't think it looked like fireworks either. There would have been literal fireworks flying around and the noise would have been more obnoxious. If you know what I mean.

Unless it was gunpowder and ingredients that were stored en masse maybe.....

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Strontium chloride burns red.
It's used in fireworks.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's what I am thinking. If it was anything fireworks related they are definitely not fully manufactured . Just stockpiled ingredients.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I am not sure I understand what you mean in your first statement and yes, blaming Israel for POSSIBLY destroying a weapons cache in a hostile port that would be used by terrorists to rocket their sovereign nation, a logical political and military decision most would think

I am guessing a weapons storage facility destroyed by Israel, my guess, not saying it was bad, didn’t say it was good, just that I think it’s possible. Possible the weapons facility triggered a fertiliser storage facility and bang

Sorry I have to explain myself, I am just offering an opinion.
Hezbolla have weapons, guns and missiles, probably come in from the port and ...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany
There were definitely fireworks involved in a couple of the videos you can see and hear them going off before the big one. I'm thinking either a fireworks factory or a large fireworks storage facility adjacent to either a chemical depot or plant.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
That must be a hell of a lot of fireworks...

not any more.
it's all gone up in smoke.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Holy crap, that was a BIG boom. I haven't seen one that huge since...anyone remember that chemical depot explosion in China a few years back? Yeah, made me think of the blast wave & mushroom like cloud from that sucker.

Damn, I'd hate to be the folks on the ground, there's bound to be entirely too many dead in there who couldn't outrun that blast wave & debris

edit on 8/4/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hard to believe anyone would pit a fireworks factory in a city.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
I guess the fireworks warehouse thing is plausible.

That's what the Iranians always say

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'd love to say I agree with you, but having spent a little time in a couple of Arab countries, doesn't surprise me at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The color was definitely not right for high explosives.
But I can't imagine why anyone would build a fireworks factory that close to population.

It doesn't seem like a sensible idea to store any kind of explosives in huge quantities at a port,but I suppose stuff for import/export has to be stored somewhere.

Still many reports are of conflicting info:

There was damage reported at Beirut Airport due to the explosion that occurred in the port. The source of the explosion was reportedly a “major fire” at a warehouse for firecrackers near Beirut’s port.
Sources say: It wasn’t because of a fireworks storage unit. There were 2 separate bomb sites this was an attack on Lebanon.
A tweet said: Please pray for us this explosion did just now happen in my country Lebanon. They said something in a steamship did explode something huge and too many people were injured and dead and too many houses were destroyed!!! I am crying! Please pray for us! It was so huge.
Another tweet said: Too early to know what exactly caused that massive explosion, but clearly innocent civilian lives were lost.

www.eturbonews.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: jefwane
I guess the fireworks warehouse thing is plausible.

That's what the Iranians always say

Actually, it's not that unusual outside the US for fireworks warehouses to be next to the ports they exit the maker country from. The US doesn't do this for damn good reason (you're looking at the bits & pieces pear-shaped aftermath) but other countries do -- it makes sense for them to reduce that transport timing, less transporting of goods from manufacturer/storage Point A to shipping Point B equals money saved.
edit on 8/4/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Holy crap, that was a BIG boom. I haven't seen one that huge since...anyone remember that chemical depot explosion in China a few years back? Yeah, made me think of the blast wave & mushroom like cloud from that sucker.

Damn, I'd hate to be the folks on the ground, there's bound to be entirely too many dead in there who couldn't outrun that blast wave & debris

Yes,you are thinking of the Tianjin Explosion which was comparable in size by the look of it.
It is what I imediatley thought of.
That was caused by improperly stored chemicals I believe.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

You could hear a little bit of crackling for sure in between.
It could have been munitions exploding too though.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There was a local witness on AlJazeera earlier saying he heard a jet engine or a missile right before the first explosion.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: Nyiah

Yes,you are thinking of the Tianjin Explosion which was comparable in size by the look of it.
It is what I imediatley thought of.
That was caused by improperly stored chemicals I believe.

That's the one! Couldn't remember the city name for the life of me, and was just about to search it up, thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here is the audio of the witness.....

twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join