It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous NyT article is out?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Talk about a nothing burger if this was the article that was touted all month long in other platforms(reddit-twitter etc) from ufologys youngest and finest

article

Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and then a consultant for the Pentagon U.F.O. program since 2007, said that, in some cases, examination of the materials had so far failed to determine their source and led him to conclude, “We couldn’t make it ourselves.” The constraints on discussing classified programs — and the ambiguity of information cited in unclassified slides from the briefings — have put officials who have studied U.F.O.s in the position of stating their views without presenting any hard evidence. Mr. Davis, who now works for Aerospace Corporation, a defense contractor, said he gave a classified briefing to a Defense Department agency as recently as March about retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Fantastic find I hope they release a real report soon. Cant wait to hear about them aliens.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Mr. Elizondo is among a small group of former government officials and scientists with security clearances who, without presenting physical proof, say they are convinced that objects of undetermined origin have crashed on earth with materials retrieved for study.

EVERYONE>>>>>>>

This is a major critical statement

say they are convinced that objects of undetermined origin have crashed on earth with materials retrieved for study

You have to let this sink in.......

Remember who is making this statement...Lue Elizondo who has be PROVEN CORRECT over the years despite the Hate on this forum......

I CAN'T believe it!!!! OMG...we really do have recovered alien technology!!!!!

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It is nothing new to people who follow the issue, but it is quite new to those who do not. Published by the NYT, which has made fun of the issue for 70 years, is a bigger deal than a 'nothing burger."

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

I’m going to need a little more than his word for proof.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Anyone can say anything at anytime. Doesn't make it real. No proof, yet again. Just more talk.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Only in America.....

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

“We couldn’t make it ourselves.”

Which is used in nearly every single case of a crashed meteorite.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Wow ufo Joe has been fixated on this article, spouting how it's disclosure heavy and brings credence to the Wilson crap.
What a disgrace.
I feel bad for Joe.
He had to be under the impression there was going to be some information in there.
Like, the guy was non stop smack talking for weeks about the thing lol.
Tweet, after Tweet.
Like a dude suffering from some sort of paranoid psychosis.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
OH MY GOD.

"Mr. Davis, who now works for Aerospace Corporation, a defense contractor, said he gave a classified briefing to a Defense Department agency as recently as March about retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

Mr. Davis said he also gave classified briefings on retrievals of unexplained objects to staff members of the Senate Armed Services Committee on Oct. 21, 2019, and to members of the Senate Intelligence Committee two days later."

Yes you read that correctly. A DOD agency along with the senate armed services committee were given classified briefings about "RETRIEVALS FROM OFF-WORLD VEHICLES NOT MADE ON THIS EARTH". Confirmed by Eric Davis, the man himself who conducted those briefings. This is not some anonymous source BS. This is the real deal.

The implications of this admission are absolutely astounding. I'm finding it hard to wrap my mind around all of this.

This is NOT a nothing-burger. This is earth shattering news folks.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Kean again [sigh]. She claimed [and still believes] that UFOs exhibit signs of intelligence by behaving aggressively when encountering military pilots, but passively when encountering civilian pilots. A more common sense explanation is that pilots preferentially report random visual stimuli to behave the way they are TRAINED to expect.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I called it! Somebody owes me a Coke.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I really hope that this is a prelude and we gonna get more and more each month or week. The article was so short I kept scrolling down in disbelief.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Heisenburg

The article actually states

While retired officials involved with the effort — including Harry Reid, the former Senate majority leader — hope the program will seek evidence of vehicles from other worlds

Then we find Eric has already briefed staff members of the Senate Armed Services Committee on Oct. 21, 2019 about retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

Therefore there is no point in the studies. Just ask Eric where these materials are being kept.

Something these wonderful reporters didn't follow up on.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Also from the article:

Public fascination with the topic of U.F.O.s has drawn in President Trump, who told his son Donald Trump Jr. in a June interview that he knew “very interesting” things about Roswell — a city in New Mexico that is central to speculation about the existence of U.F.O.s. The president demurred when asked if he would declassify any information on Roswell. “I’ll have to think about that one,” he said.
I did not know this.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
Talk about a nothing burger if this was the article that was touted all month long in other platforms(reddit-twitter etc) from ufologys youngest and finest

article

Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and then a consultant for the Pentagon U.F.O. program since 2007, said that, in some cases, examination of the materials had so far failed to determine their source and led him to conclude, “We couldn’t make it ourselves.” The constraints on discussing classified programs — and the ambiguity of information cited in unclassified slides from the briefings — have put officials who have studied U.F.O.s in the position of stating their views without presenting any hard evidence. Mr. Davis, who now works for Aerospace Corporation, a defense contractor, said he gave a classified briefing to a Defense Department agency as recently as March about retrievals from "off-world vehicles not made on this earth"

Vehicles?

Vehicles???

This is *not* a nothing burger!

edit on 7/23/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heisenburg
Yes you read that correctly. A DOD agency along with the senate armed services committee were given classified briefings about "RETRIEVALS FROM OFF-WORLD VEHICLES NOT MADE ON THIS EARTH". Confirmed by Eric Davis, the man himself who conducted those briefings. This is not some anonymous source BS. This is the real deal.
The way it's worded, for all we know the briefing said: "If an extraterrestrial vehicle ever crashes, let's analyze it". So unless there's more information about the details of the briefing, you seem to be jumping to conclusions that are not stated.

Firefighters have a chapter in their firefighting book for what to do when an alien space ship lands or crashes, you think the defense sector wouldn't have thought of what firefighters thought of, having a procedure for what to do with non-terrestrial wreckage?

Author Explains Fire Service Guide To UFO Response

According to the Pulse Journal, "The chapter directs firefighters to approach real or perceived UFOs the same way as if they were approaching a hazardous materials call...

"One of my favorite sayings is that when people don't know who to call they call they fire department," Piringer said. "Even if a Martian ship or UFO landed in the backyard they'd call the fire department, and we'd come and figure something out."

But just because the firefighters can read a chapter about what to do with a Martian space ship, doesn't mean they've got any Martian space ships.

Jesse Marcel thought the radar reflector debris he recovered near Roswell in 1947 was alien because it had what looked to him like alien writing on it, so we've had military personnel think they retrieved alien debris, but that doesn't make it so. What he saw wasn't even "writing", the radar reflectors were made by a toy company who had some tape on hand with printed designs which faded, and that's what he was looking at.

A more recent example of likely misidentified "alien" material was discussed by the former boss of Eric Davis, Hal Puthoff:

A Potential Solution to the Mystery of the "Alien" Metal Promoted by "To the Stars"

at last week’s conference in Las Vegas, Dr. Hal Puthoff gave a lecture on his work for To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science and the Pentagon’s UFO program. Like the secret showman that he has long been, he hinted at things he refused to say and used blanket claims about government classification to avoid dealing with provable details to support his implications and allegations. However, he accidentally led me to the solution to the mystery of To the Stars’ secret “alien” metal alloy that they have been promoting since last year.

You know how I hate to leave a mystery unsolved, and the “alien” alloy really bothered me.
As it turns out, that too may be no more alien than the flowery designs used on the tape to assemble a radar reflector that Marcel recovered. We've got plenty of people running around thinking things are alien that turn out to not be alien, and no, Eric Davis and Hal Puthoff are not exactly shining stars of credibility. Puthoff's career was largely devoted to pseudoscientific research, and if you ask 100 physicists about the credibility of Eric Davis's traversable wormhole paper, I expect somewhere between 99 to 100 will tell you it's not credible. That is a good thing, because Tom DeLonge talked about technology that could deliver a nuclear weapon to the white house from anywhere on Earth in 2 seconds, which had to be the tech in the wormhole paper by Davis, which fortunately is not feasible so the white house doesn't need to fear the wormholes speculated by Davis.

edit on 2020723 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Heisenburg
The way it's worded, for all we know the briefing said: "If an extraterrestrial vehicle ever crashes, let's analyze it". So unless there's more information about the details of the briefing, you seem to be jumping to conclusions that are not stated.

Firefighters have a chapter in their firefighting book for what to do when an alien space ship lands or crashes, you think the defense sector wouldn't have thought of what firefighters thought of, having a procedure for what to do with non-terrestrial wreckage?

Author Explains Fire Service Guide To UFO Response

According to the Pulse Journal, "The chapter directs firefighters to approach real or perceived UFOs the same way as if they were approaching a hazardous materials call...

"One of my favorite sayings is that when people don't know who to call they call they fire department," Piringer said. "Even if a Martian ship or UFO landed in the backyard they'd call the fire department, and we'd come and figure something out."

But just because the firefighters can read a chapter about what to do with a Martian space ship, doesn't mean they've got any Martian space ships.

Jesse Marcel thought the radar reflector debris he recovered near Roswell in 1947 was alien because it had what looked to him like alien writing on it, so we've had military personnel think they retrieved alien debris, but that doesn't make it so. What he saw wasn't even "writing", the radar reflectors were made by a toy company who had some tape on hand with printed designs which faded, and that's what he was looking at.

A more recent example of likely misidentified "alien" material was discussed by the former boss of Eric Davis, Hal Puthoff:

A Potential Solution to the Mystery of the "Alien" Metal Promoted by "To the Stars"

at last week’s conference in Las Vegas, Dr. Hal Puthoff gave a lecture on his work for To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science and the Pentagon’s UFO program. Like the secret showman that he has long been, he hinted at things he refused to say and used blanket claims about government classification to avoid dealing with provable details to support his implications and allegations. However, he accidentally led me to the solution to the mystery of To the Stars’ secret “alien” metal alloy that they have been promoting since last year.

You know how I hate to leave a mystery unsolved, and the “alien” alloy really bothered me.
As it turns out, that too may be no more alien than the flowery designs used on the tape to assemble a radar reflector that Marcel recovered. We've got plenty of people running around thinking things are alien that turn out to not be alien, and no, Eric Davis and Hal Puthoff are not exactly shining stars of credibility. Puthoff's career was largely devoted to pseudoscientific research, and if you ask 100 physicists about the credibility of Eric Davis's traversable wormhole paper, I expect somewhere between 99 to 100 will tell you it's not credible. That is a good thing, because Tom DeLonge talked about technology that could deliver a nuclear weapon to the white house from anywhere on Earth in 2 seconds, which had to be the tech in the wormhole paper by Davis, which fortunately is not feasible so the white house doesn't need to fear the wormholes speculated by Davis.

Party pooper

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Its a nothing burger alright, If they had alien vehicles that would be the headline front line and center. But as with all of Davis claims it can't be verified neither can Davis be trusted, hence that line is at the bottom of the article

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The article was a bit underwhelming. Nothing new really was presented.
Just more hints of discussions within the government.

Not a damm bursting, but rather a slow trickle of information.
But I guess it is better than nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join