It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous NyT article is out?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: coursecatalog
a reply to: IMSAM

With that clarification we are left with the word of Eric Davis.

This is the same Eric Davis who worked under Hal Puthoff at EarthTech and NIDS too. Hal has a record of failure for over 50 years. But writing useless junk science papers has been a nice little earner.

Eric has been in on that act too.

Back in 2002 Eric Davis was paid $25,000 by the U.S. Air Force Research Lab to discuss the scientific possibilities of teleportation in a small 88 page paper.

Star Trek fans may be happy to hear that the Air Force has paid to study psychic teleportation.
But scientists aren't so thrilled.

The Air Force Research Lab's August "Teleportation Physics Report," posted earlier this week on the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) Web site, struck a raw nerve with physicists and critics of wasteful military spending.

In the report, author Eric Davis says psychic teleportation, moving yourself from location to location through mind powers, is "quite real and can be controlled." The 88-page report also reviews a range of teleportation concepts and experiments...

"It is in large part crackpot physics," says physicist Lawrence Krauss of Case Western Reserve University, author of The Physics of Star Trek, a book detailing the physical limits that prevent teleportation. He describes the Air Force report as "some things adapted from reasonable theoretical studies, and other things from nonsensical ones."

Some experts have long criticized what they see as a military sweet tooth for junk science. A "remote viewing" project, for example, undertaken by defense intelligence services and declassified in 1994, sought to see whether psychic powers could be employed to spy on the Soviet Union. The teleportation report "raises questions of scientific quality control at the Air Force," the FAS' Steven Aftergood says.

Davis, a physicist with Warp Drive Metrics of Las Vegas, couldn't be reached for comment. The Air Force paid $25,000 for the report, part of a $20.5 million advanced rocket and missile design contract. The report calls for $7.5 million to conduct psychic teleportation experiments.

Sources : USA Today Nov 5th 2004

Source : fas.org...

American taxpayers may wish to see the document that made Mr. Davis $25k and decide if it was worth their cash for themselves: Teleportation Physics Study.

It includes some interesting recommendations...

Recommendations:

There are numerous supporters within the U.S. military establishment who comprehend the significance of remote viewing and PK phenomenon, and believe that they could have strategic implications....

A research program improving on and expanding, or implementing novel variations of, the Chinese and Uri Geller-type experiments should be conducted in order to generate p-Teleportation phenomenon in the lab....

An experimental program similar in fashion to the Remote Viewing program should be funded at $900,000 – 1,000,000 per year in parallel with a theoretical program funded at $500,000 per year for an initial five-year duration.....

The report also confirms that :

we are still very far away from being able to entangle and teleport human beings (and even simpler biological entities such as cells, etc.)

Steven Aftergood who was quoted in the report questioning the "quality control" in the US Air Force was also the guy who filed the FOIA request for the 38 DIRD reports paid for by AATIP.

Some of the concepts in the titles of those documents are talked about in the "Teleportatiom" report . Davis also authored 5 of those DIRD reports and his EarthTech boss Puthoff authored 3 of them. By the time the last ones were being delivered AAWSAP was already lost its funding.

The teleportation report was commissioned as part of a "$20.5 million advanced rocket and missile design contract" calling for a further $7.5 million to conduct psychic teleportation experiments.

Way to go Eric....

Then there's Eric's part in Alien Autopsy Memo.
Where it would appear to be an attempt to convince Bigelow that more money was required to fund research. When that film had long been debunked.

Eric also claims he took a poltergeist home from Skinwalker Ranch and more recently has refused to comment on the controversial Wilson Memo.

I would say he is far from reliable as a source.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
a reply to: celltypespecific

Sounds great, is it mere fragments? Or a bonafide sport model full extra with twin turbos-ashtray and all that?

Don't forget the tinted windows optional extra

Tucker: "So it's a big story and we're scouring through all the reporting right now...

...we'll bring you much more tomorrow night"

Sucker: 'FULL DISCLOSURE AT LAST (i'll just sit through all the mountains of ads to get to the juicy stuff first)'

Seriously though, happy to 'eat my hat' if it's anything of any substance, with evidence and testimony. ... suspect my hat will survive at least a couple more days.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
Talk about a nothing burger if this was the article that was touted all month long in other platforms(reddit-twitter etc) from ufologys youngest and finest

article

Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and then a consultant for the Pentagon U.F.O. program since 2007, said that, in some cases, examination of the materials had so far failed to determine their source and led him to conclude, “We couldn’t make it ourselves.” The constraints on discussing classified programs — and the ambiguity of information cited in unclassified slides from the briefings — have put officials who have studied U.F.O.s in the position of stating their views without presenting any hard evidence. Mr. Davis, who now works for Aerospace Corporation, a defense contractor, said he gave a classified briefing to a Defense Department agency as recently as March about retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

This is a New York Times no-nonsense article (most read in their web version) about extra terrestial vehicles being briefed to the US Senate intelligence committee, among others. This is pretty effing far from a nothing burger.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublant
This is a New York Times no-nonsense article (most read in their web version) about extra terrestial vehicles being briefed to the US Senate intelligence committee, among others. This is pretty effing far from a nothing burger.

That's not what it says. Read it again without your head filled with flying saucer exhaust.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We were just given Candy, and yes I will get in the van. Damning, very damning admission from Mr. Davis.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Mr Reid on the debunking offensive now

Here is his mic drop pic

edit on 25-7-2020 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
May I make a point and say that all of the people either are:

A: Skeptics, which all should initially be.

Or,

B: Believers, and feel this is something that has long been an thing.

The fact the MSM and the Pentagon have any true link only means one thing imo...the continuous slow drop to sway the population THAT DOESNT COME TO ATS OR SUBSCRIBE TO SUCH THOUGHTS. We must keep in mind that the majority of people are focused on other things, whether it be social distractions perpetuated and inflamed by the media, work or family, or simply never even bother to think about anything other than a brew after work and the TV.

Let us not forget that anything reported by the MSM isn’t for anyone who comes to ATS, but for the people who don’t even care that ATS exists. This news isn’t for the informed, or those who seek the truth.

As such, we should consider why it’s being reported, as there are only two answers:

1: It’s a false flag and a distraction (from what?)

2: It’s the drip believers (like myself) think is the proper way to introduce other worldly/dimensionional life without causing mass panic.

There are no other options, and this topic is no longer fringe, one way or another.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Harry Reid backpedaling , noice

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I like the pressure around this disclosure real or not battle , close to the elections. Ehh I will sit around with a bag of popcorn and see where this is al heading to ..

But for those who still think raiding Area 51, got to tell ya you'll be fined if you don't hold your distance while naratorunning so covid19 will get you thinking twice before going ..

edit on 0b48America/ChicagoSat, 25 Jul 2020 08:31:48 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 25 Jul 2020 08:31:48 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Did you not read or comprehend the article? No official voice stated they believe materials were made off world, a guy involved with researching material 20 years ago made that statement. Is it interesting and noteworthy? Sure. Is it a statement from the pentagon outlining we have in our possession materials manufactured off world? No, it is drum roll please.... speculation.

a reply to: celltypespecific

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sure it’s Fringe, it’s nothing more than tabloid fluff by the NYT. The proper way to introduce the world to aliens would be to give them more than speculation and conjecture. Leaving Infinate opportunity for speculation and conjecture, ie false information to run wild? That’s the best way? You watch too many alien documentaries... that’s some seriously old and flawed propeganda that people would all lose their minds if we knew of aliens.

a reply to: Neechavela

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sure it’s Fringe, it’s nothing more than tabloid fluff by the NYT. The proper way to introduce the world to aliens would be to give them more than speculation and conjecture. Leaving Infinate opportunity for speculation and conjecture, ie false information to run wild? That’s the best way? You watch too many alien documentaries... that’s some seriously old and flawed propeganda that people would all lose their minds if we knew of aliens.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808
First, you have zero knowledge on what I watch or read. Second, it absolutely would cause major panic, as most of the world isn’t as modern or current with their thinking.

A large portion of the religious would either say “demons” or “it’s the end of the world”.

I live in the Deep South and I can safely bet my life’s earnings based on the people I have known throughout my life that 90 percent of them would be absolutely terrified if this came about.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
"We couldn’t make it ourselves.” = so we asked several countries to help

“off-world vehicles not made on this earth.” = The space station is off world, would you consider this a vehicle and are they fabricating on it?

....so why do you need extra funding again?......these off world vehicles you say?..... sounds plausible...chq is in the post sir

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: truetrigger

Where do you stand currently on this specific instance if I may ask? You raised some good points, but I don’t want to jump to an assumption and say I know your thoughts.

Personally, even though I absolutely believe in ET/IDB I’m not willing to go all in on this being a drop into disclosure, no matter how much I want it to be.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
I CAN'T believe it!!!! OMG...we really do have recovered alien technology!!!!!

OH.... MY..... GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miscellaneous crap entered the Earth's atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might even be from Linda Moulton Howe's back patio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH!!!!!!!!

My F#ing...!!!!!!!

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....annnnnnnd relax, have a fag, suck on a face-mask...

edit on 25-7-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

hhhmm.....

I stand on this specific instance open and keen to absorb the information that will be presented..... or even mis-represented.

Do i think it could be other planetary?.... it's a possibility, universe is massively crazy... boggles my mind just trying to comprehend what people like Brian Cox try to explain...so E.T.'s runaround breaking down on earth is no more crazy

Do i think it could be ours? ..... quotes given are rather ambiguous

Do i think i could be fooled into thinking something of ours is other planetary?............ of course..... i still can't believe it's not butter....

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I hope if and when the actual evidence is presented and if its not up to par, that certain individuals old and young in this field will get the boot. Highly unlikely but heres to hoping

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You can try and call me out for pointing out your beliefs are echoing of UFO tv documentaries talking points, but just as I you think I can’t know whats in your head, you boldly claim you KNOW how the world thinks and behaves... You can choose to believe what you want, but you fully accept the reality of aliens as you hate me for bursting your reality. Why do you think that you are so much further than the rest of the world in your thinking? Only you and the countless other believers here could accept aliens? You KNOW? Or you heard on your countless documentaries YouTube and tv specials wear they wheel in an old military guy who says into the camera “ the world isn’t ready”.

I’ll go ahead and guarantee, you aren’t any more enlightened than your neighbors in the south, but by your statements it seems your a bit judgmental, you even seem to hint something about faith being at odds with aliens like it’s a very backwards unenlightened thing. If you speak with religious folks on the subject, you often overwhelmingly don’t see it at odds with their world views (listen to the Vatican on the subject, they have quite the observatory).

edit on 25-7-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Sublant

That's not what it says. Read it again without your head filled with flying saucer exhaust.

Yes it does.

If you have issues with the Times editorial process, I suggest you take it up with NYT editorial board or editor-in-chief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join