It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the govt coming clean about ufos?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

in two words: HELL NO!

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Fact: the aliens are here.
Fact: not only does the government not want us to know,
the aliens DO NOT WANT US TO KNOW.

Until the aliens themselves want us to know that they are here there will be no disclosure.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why does everyone (well, most) keep associating UFOs with Aliens? Certainly not impossible, but IMO it's very likely the 'phenomena' is something else entirely. I also think the paranormal in general, Skinwalker ranch etc are all a part of this phenomena. Could be interdimensional, time travel, ancient deities or many other things.

Whatever it is may be doing a mindf*** as well, so perhaps some of what we see are projected into our minds so we see or interpret things differently than their reality -- or even things that are physically not there.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Might be moving closer towards some announcement that those lights in the sky aren't humans but I can't imagine them coming with the full truth. One black guy can't die without starting a countrywide riots. What would happen if they would uncover decades of coverup, psyops, lifes destroyed to cover the truth?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Look everyone think's that a government can be forced to disclose information, that is simply not right however.

Why they would want to keep a lid on UFO's other than the old claim of public panic and societal collapse (though it would shock).

Well national security is the one main concern.

UFO's have been useful cover for special projects for quite some time now, not only in the US but in other nations also.

And the other reason is showing the rest of the world what they do NOT know.

Also UFO's may be in some cases foreign projects that have trespassed into US or other nations airspace, letting EVERYONE know that they do not know what they are would be a very bad move and bolster the willingness of such nations to send yet more vehicles or drones into the offended nations airspace.

So you MAY get some level of disclosure on historic sighting's but unlikely ever on current or recent one's.

And very unlikely the truth of alien visitation if they actually do know it to be so since some UFO encounters have been anything but benign.

WARNING some of the imagery - even it's main page on this site is distressing and graphic showing a corpse of a man with much of his face incised in a manner similar or identical to cattle mutilation's.
www.ufoinsight.com...

However were it come's to cattle mutilations I am far from persuaded that those are by non human entity's and actually believe they fit the profile of Biopsy and environmental sampling suggesting a far more nefarious reason that fall's into one of three categories, experiment or chemical/biological leak or radiological leak and a long term covert plan of study using silenced black stealth helicopters probably using pilot's with night vision and sound cancelling technology to cancel out the sound of the helicopters in flight, this would indicate a probably military connection to the cattle rustling that has been going on.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Labtech do you honestly think there is such a thing as “whisper mode” on helicopters? Hate to break it to you...ahh...Bwhahahaha!!!! I worked on helicopters for years while in the service, whisper mode=tooth fairy!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: scrounger

since it is statistically impossible alone for that to be the case

Just because it is likely that they exist, it is not statistically impossible that there is no other technological civilization in the Galaxy (or Universe, for that matter).

It is even less not statistically impossible that another technological civilization is visiting Earth. We can't get to them, why should they be able to get to us?

Why shouldn’t they?

Pretty cocky to think we’re the peak of galactic intelligence.

You all do realize that known history, on this planet alone, could have already played out thousands of times previously on earth alone, right? Point is there’s a lot of scale here to say “they” could easily be advanced enough to come to us. If we took our civilization even 3000 years into the future - which is almost literally nothing relative to how long the earth has been habitable - we’re probably a space fairing civilization more than we are now by a notable amount.

Now imagine our human-ish brothers live on a planet similar to earth and are 50,000 years more advanced than us - which would be basically, again, nothing in terms of earths, our galaxies or the universes scale of time. They got a jump start that seems incomprehensible to us but it’s nothing in the scheme of the universe. They would have tech, chances are, that is beyond our wildest dreams or comprehension.

And, with what we know, there’s maybe 500 MILLION habitable planets in our galaxy alone.

So, 500mm planets and countless billions of years of history? Id say there’s plenty of rational thought to say “they” can get here but we can’t get there....

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Pretty cocky to think we’re the peak of galactic intelligence.
I don't think I said that.

Now imagine our human-ish brothers live on a planet similar to earth and are 50,000 years more advanced than us
Ok. I imagine that they don't last that long. I imagine that they destroy themselves with their own technology (we can) or that their planet gets hit by a comet (that could happen) or that their star emits a flare which wipes life from their entire star system long before their civilization lasts 50,000 years.

So, 500mm planets and countless billions of years of history?
Countless?

Yes they could develop some mad tech, perhaps. That doesn't mean they have. You assume they have.

edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

let me ask you and others a question

why is even the idea that there are alien civilizations in just our galaxy that are more advanced than us is so improbable?

every time this comes up in UFO discussions or even generally even the idea is rejected out of hand.

or that such a concept is almost impossible?

has science on our own planet that is constantly being PROVEN WRONG in our concepts of life (ex finding life where such is claimed cannot exist) but it is an impossibility other places in our galaxy ?

why is it we claim we are the only advanced civilization (when idea of alien civilization is considered) or that they could be well ahead of us?

why is it that if we cant get there that they cannot get here?

especially given that even in our own history of humans on this planet that (as one example) the native tribes in north america existed at same time as Europeans

yet Europeans as a civilization were more advanced than they were and they could get to north america on ships but the opposite was not true

i find it either naive, arrogant or just denial (for whatever reason) to hold that aliens dont exist, are not advanced, and/or cannot get here given the examples of our own human history in just the few thousand years of our existance.

especially given that alot of life producing planets in our own galaxy are far older than we are.

in conclusion let me simply my question

why is it so hard for you to accept that it is a reasonable possibility but so easy to dismiss it as improbable.

scrounger

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

why is even the idea that there are alien civilizations in just our galaxy that are more advanced than us is so improbable?

I don't think it is improbable at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

then why do you say that aliens havent visited us or the government doesnt have proof of aliens they wont release?

i dont know personally if they do or dont, have or have not.

but i say its more than possible..

scrounger

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

then why do you say that aliens havent visited us

I don't recall saying that.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

here is one quote you stated

"We can't get to them, why should they be able to get to us?"

your statement presumes they cant.

i am saying it is more than possible they can ..

maybe we are not so far off.

i say its a reasonable probability. hows that sound

scrounger

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

First, it's a question, not a statement.
Second, no it doesn't.

i say its a reasonable probability.

What does "more than possible" mean? It sounds like it means that it's a certainty. Doesn't it? Isn't that different from "a reasonable probability"?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

First, it's a question, not a statement.
Second, no it doesn't.

i say its a reasonable probability.

What does "more than possible" mean? It sounds like it means that it's a certainty. Doesn't it? Isn't that different from "a reasonable probability"?

it means that while it may not be true what we do know (from our own history and statistics) that it is more than possible that advanced aliens exist , been here and government is hiding it than than they dont/havent been / government has zero.

not proof, not confirmed, but the odds more favor it is than is not.

scrounger

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

more than possible that advanced aliens exist , been here and government is hiding it
The only thing that I can think of that is "more than possible" would be a certainty.

You are contradicting yourself. Again.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

more than possible that advanced aliens exist , been here and government is hiding it
The only thing that I can think of that is "more than possible" would be a certainty.

You are contradicting yourself. Again.

sigh

no you are

i clearly stated we dont have confirmed proof.

but the its more probable than not that aliens exist, have been here and the government is hiding information on it.

or another way

the odds are greater than 50 percent that its true vs not.

which part of this is not getting though.

scrounger

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

then why do you say that aliens havent visited us or the government doesnt have proof of aliens they wont release?

i dont know personally if they do or dont, have or have not.

but i say its more than possible..

scrounger

I like the intelligent dinosaur theory. They were here millions of years before us. Who is to say they didn’t develop intelligence equal or greater to ours then went underground. I have seen up close more than one UAP. One triangle and one cigar, so I know they exist though I have not one shred of evidence to prove it to anyone.
So now I’m left trying to figure out if the dinosaurs discovered antigravity, why would they go underground and not re-emerge to conquer this planet.
Ridiculous, I know, but because the UAPs are as subjectively real to me as the phone I’m typing this on, my mind must construct a theory.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halgroar
a reply to: LABTECH767

Labtech do you honestly think there is such a thing as “whisper mode” on helicopters? Hate to break it to you...ahh...Bwhahahaha!!!! I worked on helicopters for years while in the service, whisper mode=tooth fairy!

This is far from a definitive article on the subject however where do you think those noise cancelling head rests, noise cancelling headphones and microphones that block our background noise come from.
blog.onedirect.co.uk...

Hell if I was still up on my electronics' even I could rig up a basic model, sound moves pretty slowly compared to electrical signal's so it is actually quite easy, all you need is a noise sampling microphone near to the source of the sound, sample the waveform and create an inverted version of that noise waveform - the higher the sample rate (since we are living in the digital age but any audiophile will tell you that analogue is always superior to digital sampling and they are right), this inverted waveform is the opposite of the original, you have to have the speaker that output's this NEW sound at the correct distance or it wont' work because what you are looking for is a dynamic cancelling affect that will overlay the output sound over the original one, the waves in the air created by these two sources then cancel one another out get it.

Simple and easy, of course to do it in a studio is not the same thing as the real world but hey back when we were using pentium 75's and old 386 and 486 processors in our home PC's the US already had military processors running at well over a gig, they have also pumped more money into research and development than even the biggest commercial corporation and hey as for noise/sound based technology well that is a very old story and consideration for military research, long before crowd control there were attempts to create lethal sound based technology's and guess what as far back as WW2 the NAZI's had a working sound cannon, it was too big, required too much precision and was far too fragile however so was wrongly regarded as a failure, it actually worked though fancy having your organ's liquified by a loud speaker (I can hear some doped up DJ saying loudly - that's what I'm talking about the mother of all sub woofers), it was deadly but only if you were willing to stand in front of it long enough to have your organ's vibrated apart.

Sound based weapon's are of course a spin off in another direction and sound in the military has a long history, over here in England we have sound mirrors dating back to WW1 on the south coast that were used very successfully until the advent of faster air craft and the invention of RDF (Radar to you it's correct name is Radio Direction Finding) as an early warning system to detect German zeppelin's, London and a few other location's were actually bombed from the air by German's in WW1, apparently it was first invented as a mean's of detection like all great inventions when a guy near to the trenches had a barrage fired over him while he was sitting on the toilette and felt his sphincter resonate in response to the reflected waves that bounced back up from within the potty (and now you know another reason why scientists are often called potty).

So is it any surprise that NOISE cancelling technology was always pretty high on the agenda of military, imagine a WW2 battlefield were you could move a heavy column under cover of smoke and your enemy could not hear you, only problem back then was the idea had not yet occurred and they were still using valves that made even a simple radio set as big as your desktop PC.

By the way, I did not call it whisper mode, I have an acquaintance whom was a former RAF engineer and instructor, he had worked on everything from artificial diamond circuitry, you know the type of micro valves made from diamond that are made to be EMP resistant to ordinary military hardware and from everything from Fighters and transport aircraft to sea lynx, he never laughed at the idea but of course you and he would be unlikely to work on this particular choppers as you call em there.

Actually those fighters with the diamond micro valves back in the 1980's he was allowed to look at were YOUR jet's from the states, probably not your mainstream fighters however but likely research model's since he was into some hush hush and while RAF his real boss was the MOD or so I gather.

I knew another guy that was a civilian observer (New Zealander but he worked for the British MOD at the time so this was probably top secret at one time though I doubt it since this was just a field test of old technology that had been developed and they just wanted to evaluate it) whom was sent out to do field work gathering data after the first Iraq War, the road were the Iraqi's had tried to retreat, they were like fish in a barrel (not don't get me wrong I feel sorry for these people they were human being's with family's but they were on the side that had broken international law in the invasion of Kuwait so?, not there personal fault but?) and as you know it was used during this opportune time to test out some prototypes such as one he had to gather data on, it was a mercury capsule carrying armour piercing missile of some kind that was designed as a vehicle depopulation weapon, not to destroy the tank in that case an old mild steel hulled T72 but to kill the crew with as little collateral damage as possible, so this mercury capsule was behind what to all intent's and purposes was a metal hole punching tip to the weapon, once it had penetrated into the crew compartment via the top of the hull it then exploded a small charge inside the mercury capsule vaporizing the mercury into a high energy plasma which then more or less liquified the crew, he described having to hose out the tank to inspect the level of damage and stated it was still working but needed new dial's and soft fitting's to make it fully operational.

Oh and sorry for my initial reaction, as a former aviation engineer - military I suspect - you have at the very least the equivalent of a degree in aviation engineering and what is more a time served experience in that area of expertise, but I stand by my assertion the technology is both practical and probably in existence today, the reason you have not seen it, well I will leave that up to your imagination.

edit on 10-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

the odds are greater than 50 percent that its true vs not.
Maybe. But there is not enough information to produce an accurate estimate of the probabilities. All we can do is guess.

But, as a reminder, this is what I asked.

Ever consider the possibility that there is nothing to disclose, regarding aliens?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join