It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the govt coming clean about ufos?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

He SPECULATES it was part of the spacecraft, but ultimately admits he had no idea.

That's not exactly what he said.
Not even close.

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Apollo 15 pilot Worden, 85, and Apollo 14’s Mitchel also claimed to have seen UFOs while Cooper says he actually tried to chase a cluster of objects.

So many examples

Others, from Edgar Mitchell to Gordon Cooper and Scott Carpenter state quite matter of factly they witnessed an unknown craft vs. just an unknown light as in Aldrin's case.

You can't even count all those astronauts that have had UFO encounters/sighting! Wow!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I don't discount anything they've said.
But I have looked into what has been said vs. the claims about what was said while separating first hand experience from opinion. It's quite apparent that you have not. (See: Aldrin and monolith, your first example).

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
[Aldrin] did indeed claim to see an unidentified light out of a window on Apollo 11 enroute to the moon. He admits himself he cannot identify it. He SPECULATES it was part of the spacecraft, but ultimately admits he had no idea.

The lights were seen on several moon flights and in telescopes from Earth.

Details here. Critical comments are welcome.

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The Carpenter quote is totally bogus, he has directly denied it, and nobody seem to know who first fabricated and published it. Without verifiable origin, the presumption must always be 'hoax'.

Mitchell denies ever seeing a UFO or hearing about anyone at NASA doing so on space flights: Edgar Mitchell to UFO convention, at time 10:35
www.youtube.com...

“I have had no first-hand experience even in the astronaut program, saw nothing on the moon -- no villages no structures etc, like have been claimed, and have had no UFO experiences myself ..."

Astronaut Gordon Cooper, who was a big believer in UFOs, said that there were no alien ruins seen on the moon – “I went over every inch of the film””. In response to an interviewer's direct question about Fred Steckling's book, he says this at 01:00:30 into the video interview on youtube entitled ."Астронавт США Гордон Купер 26 августа 1995 г в Санкт-Петербурге"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And these guys? Gordon Cooper, Scott Carpenter, Edgar Mitchell?

Show us where Mitchell ever claimed to have seen a UFO, anywhere? Maybe you dreamt it?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

He did indeed claim to see an unidentified light out of a window on Apollo 11 enroute to the moon. He admits himself he cannot identify it. He SPECULATES it was part of the spacecraft, but ultimately admits he had no idea.
You're embarassing yourself badly with your posts in this thread. Here's an actual quote, what does he mean by "99.999?"

NASA Astronaut Buzz Aldrin talks about UFO Sighting - Larry King CNN

Buzz Aldrin says at time 4:29:
"We saw one of the 4 panels to 99.999" which means to me that he's 99.999% confident the UFO was one of the 4 panels, not that he "ultimately admits he had no idea".

Others, from Edgar Mitchell to Gordon Cooper and Scott Carpenter state quite matter of factly they witnessed an unknown craft vs. just an unknown light as in Aldrin's case.
I never heard Edgar Mitchell say he saw a UFO. He said he knows some people who saw some things, and I never heard Scott Carpenter say he saw a UFO either, so you're zero for three with Aldrin, Mitchell, and Carpenter.

The Gordon Cooper story is complicated, and given your superficial misunderstandings in cases like the other three, you don't seem to be a person who looks into things in enough depth to understand the Cooper story. Jim Oberg has written some excellent material about Cooper which I referenced in my thread about his UFO encounter:

Found? Gordon Cooper's 1957 UFO film "sent...to...Washington...never to be seen again"

In fact a number of people responding to that thread apparently didn't even bother to read the OP or the linked material, they only regurgitated some misunderstanding they got from some misleading documentary as if it was a fact. If you really look into the Cooper story, it's actually kind of sad and doesn't really support your claims at all, but I'll be surprised if you dig into it far enough to grasp that.

edit on 2020711 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Just keep glossing over 75% of the post to focus on 25%

Save that embarrassment for yourself.

Buh buh buh butt... but Gordon Cooper, Scott Carpenter, Edgar Mitchell?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Proof...? No?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Just for good measure

But Buzz Aldrin right?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Just for good measure

But Buzz Aldrin right?

He was your first example. Right?
Are you changing your choice?
edit on 7/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

No, he was among the multiple examples I gave.....

Guess the number two can't exist since it comes after one, by your logic.
edit on 7/12/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

No, he was among the multiple examples I gave.....

Guess the number two can't exist since it comes after one, by your logic.

You explicitly stated that Mitchell had seen a UFO. Proof?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So the premise of the question was that no astronauts have come forward disclosing the obvious UFOs or ET presence.

I presented statements and names of those who did. I know there's a handful of you here who think if you can just bog the conversation down in needless bickering or irrelevant lines of discussion than you can sidetrack it and prevent the truth from getting out.

Not going to work.

Address my post in it's entirety and I'll consider answering questions. You'll go ahead and do that or you'll get no reply.

edit on 7/12/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Address my post in it's entirety and I'll consider answering questions. You'll go ahead and do that or you'll get no reply.
'...

I think the point has been made adequately and doesn't need to be belabored.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it look beyond its paradigm.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You two boys are relevant.

Lots of chuff.

Never (ever) explored the truly intriguing UFO incidents ..after 10 years of posting here.

Why not?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I've read your posts. Thank you for them.
I'm aware of what information is available (as well as how much is lacking). Don't let my opinion get in your way.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Well thanks for the prompt response and well said.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: scrounger

the odds are greater than 50 percent that its true vs not.
Maybe. But there is not enough information to produce an accurate estimate of the probabilities. All we can do is guess.

But, as a reminder, this is what I asked.

Ever consider the possibility that there is nothing to disclose, regarding aliens?

to be honest i had considered there may be nothing the govt has to report.
I also will say it is a possiblity.

but given the arguments i have made (statistical probability, number of "habitable planets" , and our own history to name a few) i find it a very low chance this is probable .

we will have to agree to disagree.

scrounger

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join