It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Places More Restrictions on Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Limiting a person's ability to go out and drink at a bar doesn't limit a person's ability to practice any of the rights set in the Constitution.

Did you really just say this?

Ummm yes, yes it does.

It appears you have forgotten. Here s the definition of FREEDOM:

the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

AND: absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government
edit on 3-7-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Bars are my church. I present myself at the alter, take my sacrament, confess my sins, forgive trespassers, commune with fellows, sing karaoke hymns, high on the spirit, pay my tithes and leave a penance payment to boot.

They took my religion from me!

We need to hang. Loved it!

Yeah, and my local bars were going to try to stay open, focusing on food — not libations. Due to the fact they lost over 50k From the first lockdown. Perfectly willing to abide by social distancing rules.

The goddamn city shut them down. Yellow tape blocking off the entrances.

Compromise is a thing. Apparently, our power hungry leaders don’t give a sh!t about small business owners....
edit on 3-7-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Your government is stepping across the line. Remember when the liberals were screaming for the separation of church and state. Well, they can’t have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

How about they get to go to church following social distancing and have the government leave them alone .

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

They aren't restricting religion. They are trying to help people not to die of their own stupidity.

But hey, what do doctors know anyways. Let's just not take precautions and go to church like normal.

Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies of coronavirus

edit on 3-7-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Mmhm, and we live in a society.

Where does one's right to act infringe on another person's right?

Should I go burning down buildings just because I can? Should I go causing havoc and mayhem wherever I go, because I can? Should I go robbing people and stealing things because I can?

I honestly don't care about bars being closed. I honestly don't care if they stay open.

You can still drink and get together and share ideas at your own private property.

You can still have religious get togethers at your own private property.

The issue I have is that the government will still crack down on those who wish to do so in private.

It's just my opinion that damn near shutting down places of religion is more of an in your face eff you from the government.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

They aren't restricting religion. They are trying to help people not to die of their own stupidity.

But hey, what do doctors know anyways. Let's just not take precautions and go to church like normal.

According to others logic they have the right to act stupid and die in accordance to their beliefs. Do you disagree?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: grey580

According to others logic they have the right to act stupid and die in accordance to their beliefs. Do you disagree?

Yes, I absolutely do. Because what you’re suggesting, will have everyone on lockdown until we die.

It’s my right to go to a fu##ing bar! It’s also the bar owners right (who’s paying 20k a Month on a lease, with no concessions from landlords during lockdowns) to operate their fu##ing business.

Interesting how you’re not interested in bars. So it’s OKAY to take that freedom away.....

SMFH

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Let me be clear here. I don't think bars should be shut down.

I don't think religious places should be shut down.

I don't think anything should be shut down.

I think if you're scared of going out or have immediate family with an increased risk you should stay home and use delivery services.

Or according to the logic of some of yall are yall too stupid to stay home?

Or do people not have a right to act in any manner?

If all the people who yall considered stupid were allowed to congregate, infect each other and die, that would solve the too many stupid people dilemma, and yall would be free to stay in the house and only emerge when some spurious vaccine is developed.
edit on 372020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I don't care about places of religion or bars. You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what I think anyways.

You're letting your emotions get the better of you.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Hopefully everyone of all political affiliations sees what more and bigger government, can and will do to you, when they have the power to do so.

I'm not sure beauracrats have the best interest for us all the time...

why?

Because they are people too.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Anyways while some of yall are getting pissy with me California has restricted religious gatherings and yes bars.

So, feel free to focus on me yanking your chain over my opinions or have a good conversation about whether you support the ongoing restrictions of our rights vs people are stupid and the government is going to save us from ourselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

You're letting your emotions get the better of you.

Freedoms are freedoms. Whether or not you care about specific ones means nothing.

That’s the point of freedoms. Some freedoms are more important to some people, than others. And vise versa.

Im emotional because apparently, people don’t understand the definition of FREEDOM.

There is NOTHING ambiguous about the definition of freedom.

Here you go again, cuz you obviously aren’t getting it dude:

the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

There is no damn asterisk there that says: *unless we find a new form of the flu.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I would like to see that as well. But, unfortunately there are people out there who think everyone else is stupid and evil, and only big government can save people from themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

To be fair if people weren't so stupid they wouldnt need the goverment to save them from themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Everybody is a little bit stupid. The more people there are in a group, the greater the total quantity of stupid in that group.

edit on 7/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
if they go to the BLM / antifa church
would they be left alone?

asking for a friend.

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The heathens finally have their dream come true. They get to relentlessly kick Christians to the curb under an umbrella of legitimacy, even though it is not legitimate by virtue of their own hypocrisy.

You do realize this applies to all faiths, Synagogues, Mosques etc... It's not singling out Christians.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So stupid multiplied by stupid equals really stupid. The "I'm with stupid" shirt is way more prophetic than I realised.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You need to also apply a correction factor for smart. But smart does not have as much of an impact in group settings as stupid does.

Stupid thrives in groups. The larger the group, the more it thrives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join