It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Recall Where You Were When You Got Woke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

One of those moments on ATS that makes it special.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

We played that tax game in school , i was 11-12 and it was 100 pennies [ uk ] everyone of us imagined we were a business
man/woman and every time we used a item we passed it on , the teacher scored all this on a blackboard the tax that Big Gov got from that pie wow .

More than ever now after many decades of thinking and listening to others i am 100% sure that lady went rogue on the school system and taught us some truths about life in general , brave lady .

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"Got woke" meaning what? That you finally succumbed to the current mythology of the day? Tat you suddenly believed the latest conspiracy theory? That chemtrails are real and the Earth is flat? Never trust anyone with a cause.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

At that point I just felt awful and ashamed. Not only did I like the Little Rascals and the real Buckwheat but I also like Tracy Champman and there I was back in the day making fun and mocking both of them and I could see how it could be taken as racists.

First, why would you make fun of or mock Tracy Chapman? As to Buckwheat....is that some kind of a racial slurs? Are Alfalfa, Spanky, Wheezer, Froggy, Chubby all racial slurs towards whites? My favorite white racial slur name was the one kid named Uh-huh...I guess...

Looking back I think Alfalfa and Stymie (the other black kid) tend to have the most sense of the group, so once again what are you woke about?

True wokeness is when you no longer see color as a thought to consider in ones actions and ideals. The interesting part is the more professional people become then things like traits, color, culture etc disappear and everything is based on your abilities.

edit on 1-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
"Got woke" meaning what? That you finally succumbed to the current mythology of the day? Tat you suddenly believed the latest conspiracy theory? That chemtrails are real and the Earth is flat? Never trust anyone with a cause.

www.youtube.com...

Nothing racist about this song

edit on 1/7/2020 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I got truly woke when I was ten. And yes its been a rough ride since. Seeing the truth of the world that early on.. it's hard to describe.

But for "woke" it was a couple of years ago. Working a travel plaza that gets 10k people going through it a day. Those were the slow days. One day a man came in for me to train. We shared the same name which he took. We both served in the navy. He stayed in a bit longer then i. While training him he was pointing out things that the other workers before me should have done. In my head I was excited. To have a coworker who will actually work. Then his training was done. Then I was alone. He became terrible. Leaving a crappy toilet for 7 hours before I get to it... that broke me. I was pissed. One of the ladies i work with saw I was in destress and decided to ask... I was stupid and angry enough to answer. I called him a worthless porter. That's our job description. She took it differently and before I knew it. I was being fired for calling him the n word. I begged and pleaded. I dont do that. I treat everyone equally until they dont to me. I'd never call someone like that unless it was deserving and man not doing his job because management didnt care is not a reason I would have used. I had not ground to stand on.

I guess in way I'm thankful because if not, I'd probably still be wasting my life there. Though what I've seen from people working there will stay with me forever. Some strange and some that have reinforced what I knew of the world around me since I was ten.

Ignorance is bliss. Knowing is sadness.
edit on 1-7-2020 by TheGhoul because: silly little typos

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
first world problems of young people with meaningless lives that have never been challenged and never overcame a challenge. mostly taught by privileged academics with little understanding of the real world. encouraged by politicians and media personalities with little or no understanding of the real world.

all this social justice nonsense will go out the window when the asteroid / Yellowstone / Cascadia / New Madrid happens.

imagine how things would fall apart if we had a real plague or virus with a 30% death rate.

I'm against racism and all for people getting along with mutual respect, but I don't live and breathe it. tearing down a Robert E Lee statue is meaningless posturing. let's see these kids try to build something instead of tearing stuff down.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
HeartBreak Ridge

2nd

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: agentblue

LGBTQ = Let God Burn Them Quicker

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I think what we are seeing are whites who many are upper middle class far left females wanting to establish a level of self-degrading for only the one reason of being white. Maybe they read the 1619 project in the NYT and feel that it is actually how it all was back in the day while not wanting to know the author has pretty much said she hates all white people. The interesting part is all these woke people have a very small chance that they have any ancestry in any of this, while forgetting that you don't hang the son because his dad was a horse thief.

The other part of this is that these far leftist start off with something that may have good intentions at first, but they take it to the extreme craziness levels every time as it spirals out of control. As example the desire to remove Confederate statues has led to wanting to remove all statues, wipe America's history slate clean tear it all down in their wokefulness.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: agentblue

LGBTQ

I think it is only GBTQ now... The lesbians are not woke enough for them now.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGhoul
I got truly woke when I was ten. And yes its been a rough ride since. Seeing the truth of the world that early on.. it's hard to describe.

But for "woke" it was a couple of years ago. Working a travel plaza that gets 10k people going through it a day. Those were the slow days. One day a man came in for me to train. We shared the same name which he took. We both served in the navy. He stayed in a bit longer then i. While training him he was pointing out things that the other workers before me should have done. In my head I was excited. To have a coworker who will actually work. Then his training was done. Then I was alone. He became terrible. Leaving a crappy toilet for 7 hours before I get to it... that broke me. I was pissed. One of the ladies i work with saw I was in destress and decided to ask... I was stupid and angry enough to answer. I called him a worthless porter. That's our job description. She took it differently and before I knew it. I was being fired for calling him the n word. I begged and pleaded. I dont do that. I treat everyone equally until they dont to me. I'd never call someone like that unless it was deserving and man not doing his job because management didnt care is not a reason I would have used. I had not ground to stand on.

I guess in way I'm thankful because if not, I'd probably still be wasting my life there. Though what I've seen from people working there will stay with me forever. Some strange and some that have reinforced what I knew of the world around me since I was ten.

I'm not sure you understand "woke". If you were truly woke you would feel ashamed that he did a terrible job with the thought that his failings were because you are white and not because he just sucked at his job.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TheGhoul

I'm not sure you understand "woke". If you were truly woke you would feel ashamed that he did a terrible job with the thought that his failings were because you are white and not because he just sucked at his job.

Wow, thank you for the clarification. I'm glad I'm not "woke". That would be inhuman of me to think that way.
edit on 1-7-2020 by TheGhoul because: silly little typos

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I remember NYC in the 70's - crime rate out of control - murder capital of the world

I DARE NYC to cut police personnel. NYC returning to the 70's.

Get your popcorn - SAW NYC movie coming out.

I love idiots and haters....they are the most dangerous and first to die in most confrontations.

The racial problem and many other issues are the result of spoiled children raised as spoiled adults; raised by racists parents including BLM.

No color scares me... I will shoot white, black, yellow, brown men and women who attempt to intimidate me or my family with violence.

edit on 1-7-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

No color scares me... I will shoot white, black, yellow, brown men and women who attempt to intimidate me or my family with violence.

Threat doesn't have a color, race or gender....

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
I was a die hard liberal in my teens. Hated GWB, and the likes.

Then I started my own business at about 25-26yrs old, in about 2006, being a retail cigarette distributor. One day while I was driving in the back country of TN going to deliver to a store I couldn't find anything on the radio except for Neal Boortz. He was saying some things I agreed with, and I enjoyed the show, then he said "Don't believe me, go do your own research". I had never heard any journalist/commentator tell em that before. So I did. I started researching the policies and politics he was talking about, and I soon realized I was not a liberal, I was a libertarian.

As I grew my business into a wholesale distribution center (my numbers were now in the 10's of millions) I saw more and more how many times the Government had their hand in my pocket, and it made me sick. My product was being taxed at the farm, on the road, at the Government bonded warehouse, at my warehouse, my trucks, my gas, all my licenses, then my stamp machine to affix state sales tax stamps, gasoline, wheel tax, commercial vehicle tax, and on and on and on, ad naseum. When I really broke it down I realized I was selling a $1.99 product for $25, and almost all of it was in taxes. All the money was going to big brother when they had done nothing to help me.

Now I understand I was in a vice business that has higher than normal taxes, but the level we are being taxed at is ridiculous in all areas. My breakdown is just a glimpse at one industry, I guarantee if you look at others it is similar. I thought they left England to get away from all the taxation, and that's what made this country great, but I guess not.

I grew up in Atlanta and kind of credit Boortz for red pilling me. My grandfather used to listen to him all the time. And then I started listening to him in the car (along with his producer, Royal) and next thing I know, I am a conservative black guy...

Then I also started listening to Hannity before he got nationally popular. I remember when he first came on the air in Atlanta 30 years ago.

It was crazy as I used to be pretty liberal. I think what woke me up was seeing some outright lies about gun control and then I started researching things on my own and figured out the mainstream media was telling half-truths. It was all down hill from there...

I was the typical brain dead SJW in high school and then by the time I was a sophomore in college, I was full on conservative.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
What does being "woke" consist of? I do not understand this new term being bandied about.

Woke is a term militarized by the left to keep people from looking at the pedos that actually run most of leftist institutions and to hide massive corruption.

What once was a term used to see through the BS of media spell has been subverted into symbols of divide. A programming technique to block the public from awareness and instead create divide.

Good luck.
edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago4002699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock
Hahaha great question.

I was like 12 years old berating my mother for being a racist and not understanding racism like I did.

She waited 20 years for an apology.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Woke:
To self anoint, To award yourself more worth. To pretend you walk with a certain air around you. Believing yourself to be the Creator. 2) to self delude.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

what is woke?
its not a word.

You are awake

You have been awoken. Or even awakened.

You were woken up.

But there is no 'woke'

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join