It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Recall Where You Were When You Got Woke

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

It's not just the vice businesses.
Some states are also worse than others.
In California if an employee show up to work buzzed out of his mind on meth you can't just fire him. He is entitled to, this is from memory so take it as so, two weeks severance pay.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

From Tracy's new album:

You got a fast car
Imma shoot in it as you drive by
You voted for Trump
BLM gonna make you die

Feel sad about me today
But once you thought I was O-tay
You think you woke now
But honky get killed anyway

What loving lyrics from an entertainer reflecting a great culture that we must all admire. Pure genius. I am so inspired that I want to knock down a few statues and loot and burn my neighborhood. Then, I'll chicken dance in front of city hall [with twerking] while waiting to hear about po leece defunding.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Word? Dang man you woke AF.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Eyeeeeeeee-eyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, gonna shoot you in your eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeyeeeeeeeeeee.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

From Tracy's new album:

You got a fast car
Imma shoot in it as you drive by
You voted for Trump
BLM gonna make you die

Feel sad about me today
But once you thought I was O-tay
You think you woke now
But honky get killed anyway

I think the record company that signed her to put garbage like that out should be burned to the ground.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I think the record company that signed her to put garbage like that out should be burned to the ground.

It's already charted to #2 in its debut.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Everybody gets woke on taxes when they start having some financial success. Nothing like getting a bonus for some serious hard work and effort and then getting over 20% of it skimmed off.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I never knew that you were such a cunning linguist...

link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

20%!?

I wish it was that low.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I never knew that you were such a cunning linguist...

Tell me that this isn't epic. Go ahead...

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Tracy Chapman... Suicidal music if ever there was.

I was super liberal. Then got into facts and left my emotions and became reasonably right wing. Now I am remembering it's all just a sham, a scheme to keep us divided and conquered. The truth isn't in economy, politics and current affairs, the truth is inside ourselves.

I'm about as woke as a chip butty, but ignorance is bliss.

Viva la revolución

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
I recall where I was on 911, in my apartment about to head out for class. Never forget it. Last night thought it finally hit me on getting woke on what is going on now and just like 911 I will remember it forever.

I was cooking dinner last night, drinking a good glass of wine and listening to Alexa music. This was after working out in my newly remodeled home gym which wasn't cheap by the way but totally worth it. It has commercial grade equip, flooring, Sirius, large TV. It honestly is better than most gyms in town on a smaller level obviously but I had been planning it for a while. And I'm not some entitled brat either. Grew up poor, worked hard and I always wanted something this nice since I love working out.

So, I'm listening to music, cooking and then Tracy Champman comes on. It wasn't her hit song but one from her first album. Don't recall the song but that whole album is very good. Then it hit me. I use to call her Buckwheat when I was younger.

At that point I just felt awful and ashamed. Not only did I like the Little Rascals and the real Buckwheat but I also like Tracy Champman and there I was back in the day making fun and mocking both of them and I could see how it could be taken as racists.

I can't turn back time like Cher and change what I said about them but I am sorry and now officially woke.

I haven't been "woke" since the left started using that word.

Also, there was a left leaning "celeb/athlete" that actually started using "red pill" and thought that was a lefty thing.

The left is retarded.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Afghanistan 2004. Somewhere between kandahar and Herat.

I was leaning into an abandoned turkish bath via the ladder about to take a well deserved dump.

My buddy that had done so on the other side stopped me mid squeeze as he spot an anti personnel mine lying among the dust covered debris at the bottom.

Have you ever seen the movie Cliffhanger?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was in the living room, late 2008. Just finished Uni, job market was a mess with all the financial stuff going on. Just bumming around the internet and came across some clearly fake videos of planes crashing and shooting at the pentagon. It was weird and got me wondering what is going on here, not the kind of thing to joke about.

Found a documentary about the widows of 9/11 and their experiences, things did not look good. It all dropped when coming across those shots of WTC7 falling. The impact was like a good smack to the head and took a few days to get my bearings again.

Do remember one comforting dream during that time, taken away to some mountain top triage unit. Some kind of bug was taken out of me. Many others where struggling as well. There is some good support around.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think humbled a better choice of words.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Woke lol. There is no such thing. Unless you mean when did you decide to # on family values!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I got woke in 4th grade music class when JFK was shot, Or maybe it was the day I drop orange sunshine.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Is this like the "born again Christian" thing? I have the same answer: I didn't have to be "woke" ("born again") because I did it right the first time.

It sounds more like you've finally grown up and found your conscience more than that you got "woke." Seriously, you haven't just all of a sudden learned that it's mean to mock and make fun of people. You knew you were just being a little punk -- whether for racist reasons or just to be a punk. Because that's what kids do...

And when (if?) we grow up, we put away childish things.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: agentblue

You sound uneducated. Educational opportunities open the mind and will help you see past what you call a conspiracy but what is really true terror and suppression of generations and generations of people.

Here is a link to the pell grant. Take diverse classes.

The word “colored” was my cue.

The Pell Grant. Go find your knowledge

And I wasn’t going to do this but here is a personal friends website. Take your time, explore. I encourage everyone to do this.

Legacy museum
edit on 1-7-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: museumandmemorial.eji.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Calling yourself woke is so not woke, wake up.

Honestly all your doing here is looking for praise for some self perceived revelation that no one cares about

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join