It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Recall Where You Were When You Got Woke

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't wanna be a chicken I just wanna be a duck, waddle waddle waddle. quack quack quack.

is that rassit ?

a reply to: pteridine

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Woke:
To self anoint, To award yourself more worth. To pretend you walk with a certain air around you. Believing yourself to be the Creator. 2) to self delude.

That's brilliant.

But the core of wokeness is being nice.

The motivations are great.
The reality is just horrific in practice.

But that's not their fault.
Nothing is.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Zzzzz, Zzzzz, Zzzzz.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

From Tracy's new album:

You got a fast car
Imma shoot in it as you drive by
You voted for Trump
BLM gonna make you die

Feel sad about me today
But once you thought I was O-tay
You think you woke now
But honky get killed anyway

I'm offended as a Chapman fan.

But her message of working doesn't fit well with society today. It's probably not surprising it's mocked.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

on my pc 12 years ago when I heard of ATS when listening to cost to cost mentioning the god damn site, glad to be part of it

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I remember when I got woke, its was in primairy school. I was about 8-9 years old.
True story

Once a week the pastor came by in class, it was a catholic school.
He was talking about adam&eve and the garden of eden.
I asked a question, I dont even remember what exactly, it was something like 'why the snake such' or 'how the rib to eve so' kind of question.
And he told me that I shouldnt take everything literally and some things might not have happend exactly as mentioned. Sure, it was the old testament, but that didnt really register at that age. So I was really surprised and kind of shocked he said that. I replied to him in the most brutally and honest way imaginable and I to this day give credit to the man for not reprimanding me. I said 'Well, if those things didnt happen, whos to tell me those other stories are true?'
My teacher who was present in class, laughed silently and the poor pastor was left with faith.

Faith is something you have that by definition requires no factual evidence.
Up untill that point I was afraid of god. Not because he was evil, but because he wieled so much power. And he was in constant conflict with this other creature, and we were stuck in the middle. The whole thing never made sense to me, but it was impressive and everyone went along so who was I to stand up to it? But from that moment I knew it was a scam. A fairy tale, some good advice and nice stories. A sense of moral, something to look up to and hold onto. If thats your thing. It wasnt mine

edit on 1-7-2020 by Jubei42 because: 3 beer typo

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The first awakening, the summer of 1998 when I saw my first UFO.

Then the second awakening, the summer of Michael "Gentle Giant" Brown.

edit on 1-7-2020 by SKEPTEK because: Gentle Giant LOL

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
I'm offended as a Chapman fan.

You should be offended, that was an awful use of rhyming structure.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, last night around 2:30AM. The wife was snoring so loud I thought a UPS truck was in my house.

You're lucky it's just your wife's snoring that woke you.....my missus - female partners are generally called 'our lass', pronounced 'ower lass', around here - is particularly adept at waking me up in a rather more disgusitng manner, which she obviously finds hilarious when I tell her in the morning!

Woke?

What a load of absolute bollocks.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I don't wanna be a chicken I just wanna be a duck, waddle waddle waddle. quack quack quack.

is that rassit ?

a reply to: pteridine

Avian racism is a major problem. There is a chicken dance but only a duck walk. Kamala and Spartacus will propose legislation as soon as they can find someone to egg on.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Woke does not = awake.

You can be "woke" but sound asleep.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Adjectives are fun!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Woke paralysis

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The US is a total different horse race from what happens in the UK but I've noticed a strong push into some more extreme forms of inclusion. I believe in equality from a service point of view especially when it comes to public services, laws and rights

As said though some of it is disproportionate here, sometimes it's downright stupid. I guess I'm trying to say I've noticed an artificial push in some regards to this "wokeness" malarkey.

Sometimes I wonder if things like this happen out of the sheer manic chaos humanity tends to live in or if by design. Either way the real issues get ignored and humane ideals get hijacked for various reasons to multiples of people.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Woke?

I realised I was woke when I noticed how tired I am. I guess around that time I realised it's all worthless if you can't bring a glimmer to tired deadened eyes.

You don't seem tired at all to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
One other thing about coming to terms with the media spells going on, during my studies it was made clear to the class that if you do want a job in the media industry then stay away from the conspiracy stuff. I did not really understand what this was about at the time, just though a bunch of idiots.

What I have found since is how can a decent person work for a bunch of lying, cheating, murderous bastards when they know some of what is going on? I guess worker moral is just not the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I meant to say, in the way that they are using it as an adjective and noun it is not a word

Woke is only a verb that is used in the past tense for an action, like he woke up.

You can't be 'woke'

it just sounds effing retarded.

sorry for my little bit of nonsense.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i detest the term 'woke'. i remain resolutely asleep.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Seriously?? You haven't woken up to anything, just because you feel bad about what you did as a stupid kid. When you actually do wake up, it's a slow progress and you see the world around you as it truly is. That's what that term means.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Do You Recall Where You Were When You Got Woke

I think I recall something about Mexico.
edit on 2-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join