It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Recall Where You Were When You Got Woke

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I recall where I was on 911, in my apartment about to head out for class. Never forget it. Last night thought it finally hit me on getting woke on what is going on now and just like 911 I will remember it forever.

I was cooking dinner last night, drinking a good glass of wine and listening to Alexa music. This was after working out in my newly remodeled home gym which wasn't cheap by the way but totally worth it. It has commercial grade equip, flooring, Sirius, large TV. It honestly is better than most gyms in town on a smaller level obviously but I had been planning it for a while. And I'm not some entitled brat either. Grew up poor, worked hard and I always wanted something this nice since I love working out.

So, I'm listening to music, cooking and then Tracy Champman comes on. It wasn't her hit song but one from her first album. Don't recall the song but that whole album is very good. Then it hit me. I use to call her Buckwheat when I was younger.

At that point I just felt awful and ashamed. Not only did I like the Little Rascals and the real Buckwheat but I also like Tracy Champman and there I was back in the day making fun and mocking both of them and I could see how it could be taken as racists.

I can't turn back time like Cher and change what I said about them but I am sorry and now officially woke.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

My condolences.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yes, last night around 2:30AM. The wife was snoring so loud I thought a UPS truck was in my house.

The one dog and I exchanged glances and we then attempted to smother her with a pillow.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

stunning and brave

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, last night around 2:30AM. The wife was snoring so loud I thought a UPS truck was in my house.

The one dog and I exchanged glances and we then attempted to smother her with a pillow.

No no no
He meant “woke” as in finding your inner Liberal and emasculating yourself.
No getting woke up.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
O....you poor thing!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

TBH that's really quite a yarn you've spun there. A tall tale seeing as how UPS hasn't been to ANYONE'S house lately.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Hmmm, that doesn't sound fun either.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What does being "woke" consist of? I do not understand this new term being bandied about.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: RazorV66

Hmmm, that doesn't sound fun either.

From what I hear and see on TV, it’s not.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
TBH that's really quite a yarn you've spun there. A tall tale seeing as how UPS hasn't been to ANYONE'S house lately.

I like that the truck portion is the non-believable part and the canine-assisted attempted murder wasn't.

edit on 1-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Well she does bare a remarkable resemblance to buckwheat.
Although her voice is deeper.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"Wife" was the qualifier.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I hope you realize that this website is for conspiracies. This whole diatribe could be better utilized in a therapist office but alas we should be encouraging dialogue. Thank you for sharing.

I got woke when I had watched a bunch of colored folks beat the heck out of elderly people for no reason. Also when they rioted in Ferguson missouri and burned a few of the company trucks out crews had.

Another time I got woke was watching the chaz people start beating anyone who had an opposing opinion.

Another time I got “woke” was watching a man get hacked apart in Somolia after he wouldn’t take a load of drugs to a local warlord as a payment for him breathing the black man’s African air.

I give zero regard to plights that are self inflicted. It’s cultural not race that we should work on. Systemic racism is somewhat truth because I have lost my job twice due to affirmative action because I am not black or minority, disabled, female or LGTBQ. What you are looking at is just a dude that works, observes and goes about his life as best as he can. I don’t have a guilty conscience for any observations I have made or postulated from my life experiences. You live, you learn.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Though "woke" is used as an insult on certain websites... I get what you mean and for me it was 911 too. I had read many books and articles beforehand, particularly the political ones in High Times about the cia etc. which I found fascinating, but on 911 was the first time I saw it live for myself and just knew something didn't add up and just like this virus it was the identical wording used across all channels in real time that gave it away. Then I saw building seven drop like a demo and thought nope, I'm seeing something nobody else around wants to.

I guess when people go too far with a terminology it gets tainted. How can one wake up to reality but not be a "woke" extremist? Maybe we should let them have woke and call ourselves something else. All this division amongst people just serves the rulers.

Your post brought back great memories of Tracy Chapmans first album for me. I was in a bad place and her music brought me peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: agentblue

Wow...i totally agree with you.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I was a die hard liberal in my teens. Hated GWB, and the likes.

Then I started my own business at about 25-26yrs old, in about 2006, being a retail cigarette distributor. One day while I was driving in the back country of TN going to deliver to a store I couldn't find anything on the radio except for Neal Boortz. He was saying some things I agreed with, and I enjoyed the show, then he said "Don't believe me, go do your own research". I had never heard any journalist/commentator tell em that before. So I did. I started researching the policies and politics he was talking about, and I soon realized I was not a liberal, I was a libertarian.

As I grew my business into a wholesale distribution center (my numbers were now in the 10's of millions) I saw more and more how many times the Government had their hand in my pocket, and it made me sick. My product was being taxed at the farm, on the road, at the Government bonded warehouse, at my warehouse, my trucks, my gas, all my licenses, then my stamp machine to affix state sales tax stamps, gasoline, wheel tax, commercial vehicle tax, and on and on and on, ad naseum. When I really broke it down I realized I was selling a $1.99 product for $25, and almost all of it was in taxes. All the money was going to big brother when they had done nothing to help me.

Now I understand I was in a vice business that has higher than normal taxes, but the level we are being taxed at is ridiculous in all areas. My breakdown is just a glimpse at one industry, I guarantee if you look at others it is similar. I thought they left England to get away from all the taxation, and that's what made this country great, but I guess not.
edit on 1-7-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
From Tracy's new album:

You got a fast car
Imma shoot in it as you drive by
You voted for Trump
BLM gonna make you die

Feel sad about me today
But once you thought I was O-tay
You think you woke now
But honky get killed anyway

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well lets see....
Oh! I was in 3rd grade and they herded us all to get our height and weight checked.
I remember it because after that day I no longer had any friends. and those that used to be became very mean and hurtful. Oh and my grades went to sh!t and I became a "troubled child".

Yay............woke.

edit on 1-7-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Hope that wasnt too "could be construed as racist so lets strike it as drifty" for ya

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join