It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC admits completely mixing up all coronavirus testing data

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomServo
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Definitely not. This error has doubled the numbers. What happens is a person is tested once for the virus, and once for antibodies, so that’s 2 tests for 1 person. If that person has covid, they count each test as an individual positive, as if it were 2 different people.

Sadly, the exposure of false reporting probably won’t see much of the light of day, and won’t change the way the sheeple think. Instead they’ll continue to feed on the media rhetoric, and let this continue to control their lives, exactly what the liberal media wants.

Apparently it decreases the % of people showing as infected as the antibody test does not show acute infected.

www.wlrn.org...

Nothing to do with 'sheeple'

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Please read and understand the article, or do your own research. Everyone who goes to get tested counts either one or two times. Once if they have the virus and no antibodies, twice if they have the virus and antibodies. Once if they have the antibodies and no virus. Zero times if they have neither. Either way, the error they admitted Was that they were counting two cases for one patient. And yes, it’s a matter of Sheeple when they are getting their medical knowledge from the liberal media, who apparently is refusing to make adjustments when they realize they’ve made a gross error

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The article literally admits the mistake, and yet members here are arguing that it doesn't affect the numbers. What is wrong with ATS?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TomServo

In many cases the numbers include repeats. Some of my colleagues have to test regularly over a certain number of days. A positive result will require them to test until negative. Even though it is a single person, all positive returns are counted as if new.
edit on 1-7-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomServo
a reply to: ScepticScot
Please read and understand the article, or do your own research. Everyone who goes to get tested counts either one or two times. Once if they have the virus and no antibodies, twice if they have the virus and antibodies. Once if they have the antibodies and no virus. Zero times if they have neither. Either way, the error they admitted Was that they were counting two cases for one patient. And yes, it’s a matter of Sheeple when they are getting their medical knowledge from the liberal media, who apparently is refusing to make adjustments when they realize they’ve made a gross error

According to article they count twice as being tested but only once as being currently infected therefore reducing the infection rate.

The CDC has made an an error, that is not in dispute.

Calling people 'sheeple' is suggestive of a superiority complex and does nothing to support your point.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The article literally admits the mistake, and yet members here are arguing that it doesn't affect the numbers. What is wrong with ATS?

Who is arguing it doesn't affect the numbers? There is no doubt it's a mistake it is what way it affects the numbers being discussed.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I’m gonna take off my conspiracy theorist hat and put on my logical thinking hat for a second... but why would anyone get tested twice? Unless they used data from people with antibodies that are already confirmed, it doesnt make too much sense. Although, with the fearmongering about a second(and even deadlier, in many articles when it all just began) wave i could see people that had it getting retested to either make sure its gone or make sure they dont have it again and those antibodies would still be present. Dont get me wrong, i would love to hear its confirmed that numbers are actually messed up and artificially inflated, i just dont see it making a whole lot of sense. I only skimmed the source, so if my point can be refuted by actually reading it, my apologies.

ETA: We would need to know who the antibody tests came from. Unconfirmed cases or already confirmed, to really add any validity to this. It genuinely would not surprise me if they did not track who the seperate tests came from before combining[(conspiracy hat) we all know they track them and who they came from(remove conspiracy hat) ] For all we know, original coronavirus confirms could’ve gotten a “second opinion” and got tested somewhere else, causing an artifical inflation as well. Humans arent always as smart as we think we are.
edit on 1-7-2020 by PhatalError because: Clarication/ETA

edit on 1-7-2020 by PhatalError because: Spell fails

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Lots of lies coming from the cdc . It’s time we disband them . What lying treasonous scumbags

Awesome. Perhaps we can get a two-for-one deal and disband the lying POS in the White House at the same time.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What ACTUALLY happened is that the CDC was lumping tests of suspected people with recovering people. If you read the report you'll see that it will INFLATE the number of tests done (more accurately the number of tests on unique people).

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Florida does not count antibody tests in their number of positives. Says so right on their website.

Link? I don't see that posted on their COVID Dashboard.

In fact, Covid Tracking says they DO report both types of testing in their number of positives:

COVID TRACKING PROJECT

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
An antibody test would show positive for anyone who's immune system has come in contact with the virus, whether they showed symptoms or not. So this would mean that anyone who was immune to it would be counted as having contracted covid-19.

Very disingenuous on their part.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
An antibody test would show positive for anyone who's immune system has come in contact with the virus, whether they showed symptoms or not. So this would mean that anyone who was immune to it would be counted as having contracted covid-19.

Very disingenuous on their part.

Yes...not to mention the serum antibody test is cross reactive with six other coronaviruses including ones that cause the common cold.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Really reaching with this analysis. Cherry picking data. Trying to manipulate the data to fit your preconceived notions. There may be errors here and there and they should be addressed but it does not change the basic fact that this virus is here and it is getting worse. I guess Fox news and friends have made a lot of you into mindless sheeple. People in other countries are not diving into this endless rabbit hole and you know what? Other countries are improving their numbers, and their economies are also getting back on track. I think you want America to commit suicide. You want to help America do what other countries are doing, where the mask, social distance etc. Stop acting like a bunch of pansies and help out your country.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
CDC and NIH are truly fudging the numbers big time... NIH is directing states to say that if one person test positive then 15 others are positive. That is 15 other people without being tested.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321

This graph actually further proves the numbers are being embellished.

USA was in quarantine for May and June. For the most part, people were quarantining. The fact that USA's numbers are rising contrary to the global trend shows that Covid is continually being used a political tool to discredit Trump's handling of the quarantine. The WHO is in line with Democratic thought, so obviously they want Trump out. This involves making this Spamdemic look worse than it actually is.

It is an election year and the DNC is desperate.
edit on 1-7-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Democratic thought? is that a thing? No, Trump royally screwed this up with or without any mishandling by the DNC or the WHO. There is no democratic thought on this pandemic. It is an infectious disease. It does not have a political party. Leftists such as myself just want the economy back going so working people can pay their bills and we want the virus under control so that we can get back to living healthy comfortable lives. a reply to: cooperton

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain.
I am surprised some schmuck is not taking the double counting fact and using it to propose some inane argument that the death rate percentage would be doubled since now death rate divided by infected becomes death rate divided by infected after dividing infected by two.
The whole thing is a farce.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
The Democratic thought? is that a thing? No, Trump royally screwed this up with or without any mishandling by the DNC or the WHO. There is no democratic thought on this pandemic. It is an infectious disease. It does not have a political party. Leftists such as myself just want the economy back going so working people can pay their bills and we want the virus under control so that we can get back to living healthy comfortable lives. a reply to: cooperton

Ideally yeah. But I don't really see anything that Trump or the American people did that would warrant such high numbers for May and June. People were mostly quarantined. I considered myself moderate but I see that the DNC has no decency when it comes to gaining any edge they can, which includes capitalizing on tragedy. I am not saying it for certain, because who knows, I've been pleading the 5th a lot lately, but things strongly suggest that there is a particular agenda that wants this pandemic to seem mishandled.

I can't emphasize enough that this is an election year.
edit on 1-7-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
Things began to reopen in early june in several states. Trump implied that the virus was a hoax, not to be taken seriously, etc. A lot of people do not want to wear masks or social distance because they think it some vast conspiracy to infringe on their rights. This propaganda is perpetrated by fox news and the president. It seems like he wants people to die and wants the economy to crash. Fact is from the beginning there has been no clear leadership or consensus on this issue. I respect pleading the 5th because we do not know exactly what is going on. But it would be wise for us to follow the recomendations like wearing masks. We would all need to get on the same page to even know if it works. I am hearing people in other countries who are wearing masks, etc and people from all over the political spectrum cannot understand how or why it could be construed as a political issue. Trump has made it political by refusing to follow experts advice. If we were to all follow these advice, and then we see it is not working, then that would be the time to start speculating about conspiracies. Right now, we don't know. There is a real good chance that this advice to social distance and wear masks will save lives and curb this pandemic and it is not that big of a deal.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

It's herd mentality in play. Cognitive dissonance on the individual level. They block out anything that threatens their view, any given government narrative.

Humans are easily deceived. Edward Bernays described it as manufacturing consent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join