It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC admits completely mixing up all coronavirus testing data

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledged Thursday that it is combining the results from viral and antibody COVID-19 tests when reporting the country's testing totals

The combining of the tests could lead to the skewing of the overall positivity rate of the test, a measurement that is one of the benchmarks used in the reopening guidelines

"I suspect it will artificially lower the percent positive," Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told NPR.

Source

It's funny how every time actual information comes out, Covid-19 is proven to be more and more trivial. This time, the CDC admitted that they've been combining the results of viral and antibody tests into the totals for the country - which basically means that a significant chunk of the "positive" results are just duplicate data. The total positive cases out of people who have been tested is actually far lower than what it has already proven to be.
To make matters worse, this fake data has contributed to businesses being shut down and people's lives being ruined.

I can't imagine this was an accident.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Isnt this saying the opposite of what you are saying '"I suspect it will artificially lower the percent positive," Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told NPR.'

That combining the totals will show less positives than there actually are?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledged Thursday that it is combining the results from viral and antibody COVID-19 tests when reporting the country's testing totals

The combining of the tests could lead to the skewing of the overall positivity rate of the test, a measurement that is one of the benchmarks used in the reopening guidelines

"I suspect it will artificially lower the percent positive," Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told NPR.

Source

It's funny how every time actual information comes out, Covid-19 is proven to be more and more trivial. This time, the CDC admitted that they've been combining the results of viral and antibody tests into the totals for the country - which basically means that a significant chunk of the "positive" results are just duplicate data. The total positive cases out of people who have been tested is actually far lower than what it has already proven to be.
To make matters worse, this fake data has contributed to businesses being shut down and people's lives being ruined.

I can't imagine this was an accident.

I think perhaps it was at the beginning, but now that a plan is in place, the key players are moving things where they need to be. Trump cannot win on this, it would kill Biden's chances. So the BAMN camp will play all their cards and hope it's enough. Time will tell.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Isnt this saying the opposite of what you are saying '"I suspect it will artificially lower the percent positive," Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told NPR.'

No-
If one person is given both a viral test and an antibody test and both show positive for Covid-19, these two positive results are being combined so that one person who is positive for Covid-19 is being counted as two positive cases. That's why when you account for the fact that this data is being combined, there would actually be a far lower percentage of positive cases.
edit on 6/30/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Didn't we muse about this doubling up a month or two ago? I'm pretty sure we mused about this a month or two ago. If I recall, the general takeaway was to expect the same patient being counted twice (at least) AND for the CDC to try to excuse the screwed up, dishonest numbers away.

If ever there was proof positive to not trust anything out of these overpaid manipulative mouths, here it is.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What I find troubling is the number of medically trained and knowledgeable people that have been thrown under the bus when they warned of the discrepancies.

I believe it is not the first time they have lied and skewed the data to manipulate the people. I also think most of us know that, and is why we are skeptical of anything they report.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I don't even care anymore.

Likelihood of you dying from the 'Vid: Low

Likelihood of you dying from saying 'the new normal' to me: High

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

No-
If one person is given both a viral test and an antibody test and both show positive for Covid-19, these two positive results are being combined so that one person who is positive for Covid-19 is being counted as two positive cases. That's why when you account for the fact that this data is being combined, there would actually be a far lower percentage of positive cases.

If I am reading this correctly Chris is correct and the issue is that it lowers the rate.

www.wlrn.org.../0

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

From what I'm hearing they are inflating the numbers by taking one positive case and adding a supposed cluster of 16 more to yhe number.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I get it, thank you

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Likelihood of you dying from saying 'the new normal' to me: High

I can so definitely relate.

Please don't try to convince me that something I know is wrong, something that I know is a lie, something that I know is constructed, and something that I know is of no benefit to me, is "normal".

To use a word I hate, but is common vernacular, trigger. The "new normal" will trigger and extremely unattractive response from me.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Lots of lies coming from the cdc . It’s time we disband them . What lying treasonous scumbags

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
One norm that has always existed is the CDC is another bloated 3 letter agency that doesn't do much of anything to actually control diseases. They won't be finding a cure. All that work is out sourced to companies that can actually do it.

My former boss was an executive manager at the CDC. What he told me is there is a lot of people making well over 6 digits doing very remedial tasks that have nothing to do with what they were actually hired to do. He tried to desk audit the leadership but he finally had enough of it and left. He now works for one of the private vendors.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You do realize that the source article is over a month old?

Not defending #. Just pointing that out.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Facts ,data, numbers, evidence these don;t matter anymore. Nothing we present is going to make a difference.

It just matters what Fauci says. Fauci is now the kingmaker.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I can't wait until the CDC tells us that a vaccine is ready and they are completely confident that is safe and effective!

Ooooh, oooh, give me the shot first!

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The UN's WHO have their tentacles wrapped all around the CDC

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The American people should just trust our common sense, keeping in mind that this virus is not very deadly at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Jesus man...do we need any more proof that this isn't a political assassination attempt against Trump. They also stated that just because you test positive for the antibody doesn't mean it's from Covid. It could be from the same corona family that causes the common cold.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

On Purpose . They are " In Bed " with Fauci and the Bill Gates Foundation . The Next Plague is Already in their Labs Ready to go . There is A War Against Mankind , and it seems Mankind is Oblivious to it ,,,,

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join