It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you like to eliminate if you could travel back in time .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
1) Karl Marx' father. without Marx, no commienism, no Stalin, no Mao, etc.

2) Kaiser Wilhelm I. if he gets the treatment no Kaiser Wilhelm II...no WWI...no millions of Europe's best slaughtered in the trenches...no Versailles treaty, no Hitler, no WWII. (and no Cold War).

(sigh) I suppose something or someone equally dismal would have arisen.

one could argue it was necessary for Hitler to have existed to force the West to set Israel up as a nation. if not for sympathy after WWII this might never have been done.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
1) Karl Marx' father. without Marx, no commienism, no Stalin, no Mao, etc.

2) Kaiser Wilhelm I. if he gets the treatment no Kaiser Wilhelm II...no WWI...no millions of Europe's best slaughtered in the trenches...no Versailles treaty, no Hitler, no WWII. (and no Cold War).

(sigh) I suppose something or someone equally dismal would have arisen.

one could argue it was necessary for Hitler to have existed to force the West to set Israel up as a nation. if not for sympathy after WWII this might never have been done.

1./ Georg Hegel.

Without him Marx wouldn't have had any ideas to steal.

2./

My Dad.

Not that I don't love him or anything... I'd just like to see how that paradox works.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Stalin was a reply to the bourgeois, you got rid of them first and Stalin wouldn’t have had a platform.
Kings and queens who subjugated people, who owned and controlled peasants, who lived of greed bore Stalin.
Hitler, well he was the outcome of the Jews not financing WW1 after it started to send Germany broke so, it’s the Jews fault?
Mao, well didn’t the CIA or some US agency stop supplying the Chinese Republican army arms, allowing the Chinese communists to ascend? Bloody US

Who do you remove, Hitler would have won WW2 if not for Russia, Stalin defeated Germany. Had Hitler not risen, Russia would have invaded South, probably Northern Europe as well, maybe Poland onto Germany.

Mohamed in the ME has been an ongoing issue, violent country, violent message.

Interesting premise but I can’t imagine removing one thread from a tapestry would change much

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I could come with a few, but as stated before "nature abhors a vacuum." Some new a-hole would move in to the gap.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well then all rap "artists"

effeminat boy bands, hell boy bands.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: rom12345
Every man is a product of his age. Ideas that emerge are not about this or that man, but entire historical contexts.
Just say no to time travel.

It's a bit late now!

Oops...

With time travel, it's never too late. Just go back in time and stop yourself from time traveling.

That's what I did.

------------

Anyway, my picks would be Mayer Rothschild and Hugues de Payens.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

According to the Avengers that's not how time travel works. You can't go back in time and change your own present because then the present becomes the past and the past becomes...oh no I've gone cross-eyed (Austin Powers reference for the win lol).

Actually there was a book out a while back it wasn't science fiction (great genre...probably the best with Horror close behind) I think it was Stephen Hawkings or someone who said that if you traveled back in time and killed Hitler, then returned to your own time nothing would have changed. You would've most likely created an alternate timeline where Hitler never existed or never grew up etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ummm...if the question had been...what I would choose to eliminate...?

Then the answer would be...my bowels...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
DARWIN

he caused a lot of this mess

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
oh dear - to be blunt - there are a lot of replies from ATS members who clearly do not comprehend how the real world works .

take - for example - the " idea " of eliminating hitler from the timeline

yeah great , no hitler

BUT hitler was at one point - just one of several right wing activists .

ernst rohm - google him - he would not have just disapeared too - in a hitler free world - and hitler [ and associates ] - eliminated rohm

there were many other casualties - mostly deliberate - that facilitated hitlers rise

no hitler - does not eliminate the underlying causes that enabked hitler - nor the rivals he eliminated to ensure that hitler rose to the top

the only thing worse than hitler = a competant german ultra nationalist leader in the 30s

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Mohammed

I’d murder Mohammed.

Violently

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
William L Shirer in his rise & fall of Adolf hitler describes how Hitler and Mussonlini had a thread going ( by diplomatic cable) during the Anschluss of Austria about whether the man makes the times or whether the times make the man.

Oddly it was Hitler who believed the times make the man.

I say oddly because if he had dent been gassed in WWI, he wouldn’t have been disabled and sent to intel, to spy on the DAP.....

#1. Wrap that wrascal, Alois Hitler Sr.

#2. Father of Jackson pollack. Just to see if any other person of that era could have made a career, merely out of spilling paint.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown I would of liked to quit getting older,cramped my style,and overall adjustments

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Easy, kill the snake from the garden of eden before he gets to adam n eve..... we all live happily forever.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Einstein created nuclear weapons

Who told you that rubbish ?

Einstein had no involvement with Nuclear Weapons what so ever.

Although he never worked directly on the atomic bomb, Einstein is often incorrectly associated with the advent of nuclear weapons.

www.amnh.org...

The start of the Nuclear Age began in Britain with the first splitting of the atom.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
David Duckenfield April 14th 1989 so that a proper copper could have been in charge on match day at Hillsborough.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Lenin and Marx

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Interesting OP.

The Cambridge union debating society asked John Malkovich once whom he would like most to fight to the death, and his reply was that he would just rather shoot George Galloway and Robert Fisk.

I've always like Malkovich for his matter-of-fact style.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Salome and her mother. Why? From what I understand is this. Because of these 2 women John the Baptist was killed. And that event triggered the curse of Malachi. And that turns out to have been a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse on the world. Literally everything bad that happened over the past 2000 years could get traced back to that one event.

I really wonder what that alternate Earth would have looked like. With a kind benevolent God running the show?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Pol Pot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join