It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you like to eliminate if you could travel back in time .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Every man is a product of his age. Ideas that emerge are not about this or that man, but entire historical contexts.
Just say no to time travel.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
I would say Hitler but as my college history teacher stated, it took lots of Hitlers to follow Hitler. Another one would have emerged. The hate for Jews was pressure cooker level. In my lifetime it would be Obama mainly because everything he ran on he did none of it. His main thing the ACA was a total ruse on the public. No savings and no keeping your doctor. Still infuriated by it today. My cost went up and now I have crap. Any human being that lies about my healthcare on that level is my worst enemy.

I think Albert Einstein did that already.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I don't think it would matter much, as nature would probably just create an alternative branch in time/alternative circumstance, to mitigate the factor of any paradox that may arise.

Essentially, the timeline that you would travel to, would not be your own, and you could never travel back to the same timeline that you departed.

Pulling away at the tapestry of time is probably about as difficult as achieving the travel through such in any sort of non-linerar manner.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'd hang the jerk who invented work

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
Every man is a product of his age. Ideas that emerge are not about this or that man, but entire historical contexts.
Just say no to time travel.

It's a bit late now!

Oops...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: dug88

Gene pool lifeguard would work for me .

I dunno, you ever see that Simpson Halloween special where Homer goes back and steps on a dinosaur or something then # gets all kinda #ed? It was probably based on a twilight zone episode or some such thing...or that red dwarf where they stop JFK from being assassinated? You'll probably just end up completely #ing the gene pool entirely. You'll be literally worse than Hitler, Stalin, pol pot and Genghis kahn combined.

Though, I guess to answer your original post 3 posts later...here's a thought experiment for you.

I worked for a dude that came to Canada because he singlehandedly rescued his family from the genocide in Cambodia committed by pol pot and the Khmer rouge. Dude rescued his entire family, smuggled them through China, then the UK and eventually canada, started a business from nothing with his family and has successfully ran his business for over 20 years. Most of my coworkers had worked there for at least ten years. They supported their families and their lives off this business. If pol pot had never commuted those genocides, my boss would probably be some peasant in Cambodia and I never would have spent 5 years working the best job i've had. My coworkers wouldn't have had a decade of work supporting their families, the lives of all our customers would be different. The lives of me, my coworkers and our families would be different.

That's just a very small example of the amount of lives one person's horrible actions affected in ways un thought of. How many people's lives would be affected by one terrible person in history not existing? As horrible as atrocities are, how much worse would things be if they hadn't happened?

My mom died when I was young. I spent a lot of time wishing I could go back and stop it. Then I started to realize how many things happened because of that that needed to happen. Sometimes #ed up horrible things happen for a reason, it may be hard to see the reason at the time, but if you start to think back you'll realize how many things would never have happened if not for that terrible thing.
edit on 18/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't know mate.

Think most people are choking to get back there if we are honest.

Needs must and all that jazz.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I would Buy a Delorean Go back to November first 12:01 pm 1994 go to the Trailer i was living in and tell my self to ware a condom and DONT MARRY the woman .

She was a good mother a good wife then she went nuts 14 years later .
I raised 6 boys 3 are drug addicts ONE a JUNKY who abuses his children and wife .
The oldest went as far as Disowning his mother acutely the whole family and NUTS or not she is his mother .

The youngest two well one who has been taught he can NOT succeed and has no choice but to live off ssi .
the youngest of all does have a real disability BUT its of a type that He is extremely smart wile being Forever naive ( lucky Him ) But MOM needs His ssi and keeps tight renis On him forever young though i almost envy him .

But fact is if MOM guided Him right he could be cal tack materiel . Its sad .

So yes I would tell my self DON'T marry her or have kids with her then i would give my self all the lotto numbers for the next 20 years get richer then TRUMP and have so much money Melania would let me grab her . lololo
edit on 18-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This would have to be a ton of condoms or other birth control methods, but after some careful thought, Mitochondrial Eve. I think that one act would have the biggest impact on humanity, rendering most other choices moot.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Ok, chance may be a fine thing indeed, but what if one of those kids were to contribute to the creation of the next Einstein, Tesla, or the like?

After all, genetics can be rather the fickle beast at the best of times.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
erase your self out of existence Hypntick .
I do believe if possible you would not go through with it .
After all It is scifi suicide or maybe you are suicidal i hope not life can be good and so can humans .

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The butterfly effect type episode.

It's all about the chaos theory.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
andyo6shake Einstein created nuclear weapons and Telsa was just a man who stood on other men's shoulders .
Besides at the time just being slightly above average smart was enough to design a Alternator .
Who was he Really ? Did he have kids did his wife love him did his kids succeed in any thing ?
Did he abuse his wife or children ?

I know much more about the man I admire the most MR KING But fact is he was a womanizer great at bring the masses together for a cause terrible at bring his family together .
And Family is more important then any INVENTION man has ever created .

I also know my family line going back 4 gen and I am the white sheep and even my wool could use a good cleaning .

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm alright with the world being a dumpster fire and wouldn't really want to deal with the after effects of altering history so I'd rather just possess a free pass to see one particular idiot that I know personally disappear. The world would be a far better place without his presence, but alas, actions, consequences, so it'll just have to remain a fantasy land dream. Unless he ever takes a poke at me, then I'll finally get my wish.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
200 generations of pain and suffering for the chance one mite be in history books . To expensive .Even Trump is not that rich .

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I hate to break this up .

But is anyone else going to name a couple individuals . Lol

Not that I don’t mind all the replies and don’t consider any of them off topic .
edit on 18-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hitler would have probably been a really nice guy, if time travelers never tried to do him it.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

That one change has the potential to erase all of us as we know it from existence. It doesn't however prevent a different Mitochondrial Eve from happening, perhaps at a later time in development. Perhaps we end up as a more advanced species because of it, perhaps we are stuck with no hope of advancement due to the genetic makeup, or perhaps humanity never makes it. I'm treating this as a thought experiment more than anything else and would be interested to see the outcome as an outside observer.

No need to take a topic like this terribly serious.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Bluntone22

I mentioned the paradoxes not being involved .

How about a rock group you don’t like ?

a reply to: smurfy

Does that mean you’re picking my dad ?

Why would I pick your dad?...like God almighty...there is a need to be differential in regard to a thread like this.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
All I can say is thank God there is only one Cliff Richard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join