It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continually Conflicting Information, Uncertainty and Social Pshychosis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A lot has been said about how the narrative related to the Chinese flu seems to be shifting and changing almost daily. Oh, I've been listening. The conflicting information is no accident, nor is it due to incompetence; it is purposeful and programmed.

Now, we hear on a daily basis ... Use a mask ... Wait, masks won't do any good ... Or maybe they will ... Wear one anyway ... Oh, no! Millions will die ... Wait, the mortality rate is lower than we thought ... Wait, it's higher ... Asymptomatic transmission is a grave danger ... Wait, maybe it's not ... It can live on surfaces for an extended period ... Wait, not it can't ... It's a novel virus and nobody has immunity .. Wait, some people might have immunity ... Once you catch it, you'll be immune to a second infection ... Wait, maybe you won't ... Or maybe you will ... Shutting down the economy will save lives ... Wait, maybe it'll do more harm than good, but do it anyway ... Follow our models even if they are wrong ... BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, surrender all claim to civil liberties and self-determination to save yourselves.

I've been listening, and I have recognized something. The incessant stream of changing and conflicting information is no accident, nor is it due to incompetence; I am convinced that it is purposeful and programmed. I have seen this strategy played out on a small scale in corporate and even group settings. In deed, I worked for years in a ministry where this exact control tactic was employed and was very effective. I have seen "leaders" intentionally keep people in a state of uncertainty in order to keep them psychologically and emotionally dependent on those who present themselves as being "in control."

You see, when people are faced with a constantly shifting informational environment, being intentionally pushed into a state of uncertainty, they become confused and feel insecure. Uncertainty, insecurity and confusion induce a sense of fear in most people; that fear makes people manipulable as they grasp at anything that seems to offer stability in this ever-shifting sea; they become more inclined to do whatever they are told without regard to reason and simply on the basis of giving them some fixed point to anchor onto; this includes the abandoning their own right, legal and inalienable liberty for the illusion of stability or security. They look to anyone who claims to be an "authority" as a source of stability. As long as the "authority" can continue to induce an unstable environment and gaslight its victims into not realizing where the instability comes from, that same authority can tighten control as the fearful become ever more susceptible to whatever promises of safety are made, regardless of how ineffective they really are. Greater promises of stability elevate expectations; elevated expectations are dashed; dashed expectations cause people to grasp for more control to impose more order over more chaos. Many people become that desperate for a sense of security and stability that they will ultimately submit to anything. This is the beginning of a state of group or social psychosis that will be used and amplified to increase and maintain control.

In their fear, the masses are told that anybody who does not exhibit evidence of fear and fear induced submission is a threat to the group, so the fearful become useful as tools of those in power to control and manipulate those who won't submit to the control tactics, reporting incidents of fear-non-compliance to the "appropriate authorities" and attempting to badger the non-compliant into fear submission.

In short, the induction of a sense of universal uncertainty induces a group or societal psychosis that breaks down first the weaker and more timid, then spreads out from them to break down relationships, then group or societal cohesiveness, resulting in a society that cannot care for itself or protect its own rights, coming under the complete control of those who proclaim themselves "leaders," "experts," or "authorities."

Again, I have watched this played out methodically in corporate and group settings many times. I worked for years in an organization where this methodology was employed with much success. The very few who understood what was happening and became unwilling to just "play along" were seen as threats, were ostracized and marginalized, and were usually eventually forced out. As I watch what's happening on a societal and global level, it is all so very familiar. I have no doubt that this is being done intentionally by people who understand the principles.

But, you know, I'm just a selfish so-and-so who doesn't care about the chiiiiiiiiildren and I don't realize that BIG BROTHER REALLY DOES LOVE ME!and even ministerial settings, where people are intentionally kept in a state of uncertainty in order to keep them psychologically and emotionally dependent on those who present themselves as being "in control."
edit on 2020 5 25 by incoserv because: I'm a bit anal about my orthography.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

This is one of the most important ATS posts I've read in many years.

Thank you for Denying Ignorance. You lost it a bit at the end, but, we're all highly strung.

edit on 25-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The Internet is no small part of this. Indeed, nowhere in history have we ever faced a situation where literally anyone with an Internet connection can watch a YouTube video and become an instant expert on anything at all. We see it here constantly. Someone takes a stance and that becomes "evidence" that it is true. That's where your contradictory information is coming from. It's not planned from on high. It's just idiots thinking they are well-informed. Good luck to all of us attempting to discern the truth. I'm convinced that anyone convinced of the truth is probably wrong.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Great message and I agree on most points. It almost felt like I read the same thing twice though

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
At least we are being given a choice of flavors with our daily dose of psychosis...

Really, I wonder if they will have a team of psychiatrists, psychologists, and sociologists studying just how the hell we all went so nutso after this is over...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Thank you for Denying Ignorance.

And yet you continue to spread the fear-mongering panic.

Interesting...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Thank you for Denying Ignorance.

And yet you continue to spread the fear-mongering panic.

Interesting...

Yes, denying ignorance and refusing to be manipulated is to spread fear-mongering panic.

Well said, citizen.

edit on 2020 5 25 by incoserv because: added a nice trophy medallion.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Thank you for Denying Ignorance. You lost it a bit at the end, but, we're all highly strung.

There at the end ... I was just preempting the folks who'd come along and say that. You know somebody is going to.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

At least there is actually a virus..
Been hearing about this war on christmas for years, still dont really see any evidence of it...
And, well, if I cared more, maybe I dive in and try to figure out just what that deep state is that so many seem to want us to fear.

My point is both sides seem to want to nurture their brand of psychosis in the population.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So what do we do?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
At least we are being given a choice of flavors with our daily dose of psychosis...

Really, I wonder if they will have a team of psychiatrists, psychologists, and sociologists studying just how the hell we all went so nutso after this is over...
There are. This is the biggest experiment ever.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It sort of reminds me of basic training. Sleep deprivation, foods high in starches and sugars, yelling for no reason, strip clean floors and re-wax, do everything a particular way but WE won't teach you- you have to watch the others, march 10 miles in snow/rain to watch a film on first aid... then march back, take rifle apart and put back together within seconds 10,000 times, wake up in middle of night to do fire watch duty, do PT until you cannot move, march in formations for hours, etc., etc.

Techniques may be different but it all smacks of brainwashing. Military does it, cults do it, etc. It teaches us to obey orders immediately and without question- just do what we tell you RIGHT NOW!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I see this too. They are the swamp inhabitants, the un-elected civil servants and god given right to rule politicians who care for nothing but themselves. They need to camouflage the reality that they are largely self serving, and they use doublespeak to induce doublethink to achieve this end. I realise these are Orwellian fictional terms, but it is what they are doing.

It is a clear demonstration that political systems around the world are broken....because they are all # doing it.

And things need to change.......but they won't.

They won't change because too few have the expertise, or a voice loud enough, to challenge the corporate media sock puppets relentless brainwashing and parroting of the doublespeak.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I actually think it is quite simply a data problem.

The problem with data is that it tells us nothing without context.

Right now, I can take almost any "big data" set, and produce multiple conflicting views that are all logically justified by the data itself.

When data sets get big enough, they quite literally tell us conflicting information depending on the "question" I ask of my data. For example, two conflicting questions asked of the same data will produce two conflicting answers (partisanship anyone?). "The data says this!"... no, "the data says this!"... and they are both right.

We need to stop with the probabilistic approach to answers and questions when dealing with populations (80% of people will be covered, this is 95% effective, 99% of people believe this, only 1% will be affected, etc, etc, etc), because it leads to conflicting insights from the data... so we all just argue all the time based on our own viewpoint, justified by the data, hoping to reach some type of high percentage consensus.

Meanwhile science has historically shown us many times, that sometimes the 1% is right... hmmm.

We need to take an "individual" approach to populations, where the individual opinion is the basis for any answer, contextualized within a broader open data model. Essentially "bottom up" rather than "top down".

From any given data set, we can't condense a thousand specific answers to a single summary (ie. "a thousand people said this based on this one selected answer"... ahhh... no they didn't) as our governments/organizations/media do in reports regularly, we have to highlight and embrace the contradiction that a differing opinion brings.

Rather than a quantitative approach to data and society, which we are currently doing based on probabilities, we need a qualitative approach that listens to the voice of the person all the way down the bottom, even if they're crazy.
edit on 25-5-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Flagg dad...yep the diabolical plan

It is magnificent and A I is why

A really fantastic plan, man gotta say

Unbelievably folded so factory like, huh....only spirits in high places imo....
edit on 25-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

S&F op!

I'm totally smelling what you're stepping in. I've personally experienced these tactics and witnessed them happening as well. Even if it's not being done intentionally, the people who understand these principles who are in authority positions will surely seize this opportunity to rein in control...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Yes, denying ignorance and refusing to be manipulated is to spread fear-mongering panic.

Wasn't talking to you...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

At least there is actually a virus.

There are hundreds of millions of viruses living inside each and every one of us, all the time.

So what is your point?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Wonderful and thoughtful post, thanks incoserv!

Here's a supplemental reading from wiki on psychological manipulation but there's tons of research papers available on this, much closer to your OP thesis if you guys/gals Google terms like "confusion manipulation psychology" or similar.

Highly recommend all ppl research and learn the history of propaganda and media mind control.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

At least there is actually a virus..

Are you sure? Icke sounds pretty reasonable with his no-virus-theory. Or the Rappoport's version

edit on 25/5/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join